Shoot to Thrill

It was a two week long process you see. Mike learned everything about them down to the detail. Their routine, their families, where they worked. Everything was crucial in picking his next victim. He couldn’t afford to slip up like his big brother had. Every day Mike sat in his car and thought for a long, long time about the consequences getting caught had. That Vic had had to face. He kept the mug shot of his brother in his wallet, and whenever he found a new place to stay he taped it to the bathroom mirror, right at eye level. A constant reminder of the inevitable. There was no room for hasty mistakes. There was no room to fall in love.
It was a ten minute long process you see. Tony measured his rage, his horniness, the attractiveness of another person, then felt the dead weight of the gun in his pocket and went for it. He knew he wasn’t an unattractive guy, he could get anybody he wanted. And if he could get anybody he wanted, he could kill anybody he wanted. It was as simple as to use their body to fill his needs and then put a bullet through their skull. He still didn’t get how the presses labeled him a serial killer and nicknamed him and shit. It was pretty funny. Every club he went to, every bar he went to, people would always jokingly ask if he was a serial killer. He’d laugh with them and say no. He must be a pretty good liar if people bought that.
When weeks and minutes coincide, two of the biggest serial killers in the nation come face to face. It was simply chance that they picked the same victim, an even larger coincidence that they picked the same night to kill them. They part ways there, agreeing to keep this meeting a secret and claim the victim together, both men leaving their so-dubbed ‘signature’ markings on the victim.
The ever so cliché, “We’ve got to stop meeting like this” begins to apply to them more and more.
Until Mike proposes that they just run together. Of course, he’s got a plan and rules on how he’s gonna make it work. Tony goes along with it, mostly because he’s lonely.
Two completely polar opposite styles, completely opposite personalities, completely opposite backgrounds.
Tony’s surprised he hasn’t found the urge to kill Mike yet.
It’s like trying to force the wrong ends of magnets together. They always flip around and connect the right way.