Stay Awake.

Three

"So, t-that's the c-cafeteria,"

"Can I sit with you at lunch today?" Vic asks, following me closely. He was so observant, and seemed to really appreciate me showing him around. I don't know why. It was inevitable for no one to show him things. Someone had to do it, and I wondered if he knew that. I wondered I'd he knew that I had to do this, and I didn't exactly want to. Despite me enjoying his positive company, he was almost too happy for me. Almost.

"I d-don't know why you'd w-want to." I mutter. My breath nearly caught in my throat, I was so surprised. No one ever asked to sit next to me. No one ever wanted to sit next to me. I didn't want anyone to sit next to me, and I barely had enough motivation to take myself out of bed in the morning, let alone talk to someone for a whole forty-five minutes.

"Because you're nice to talk to and you're cute." He shrugs, nonchalantly. Was this not a big deal to him? Was the confession of his opinion not an issue? "Your friends won't mind, will they?"

"N-No, I don't have any friends." I admit. I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. Who doesn't have any friends? Me, apparently. I can't even stand being looked at, let alone having the same people around me all the time.

"That's a lie, how could you not have friends?" Vic asks, giving me an incredulous look.

My only friend is a teacher. Normal kids don't like me because I'm a fucking travesty. That's what I would have liked to have said, but unfortunately for me, I wasn't that daring.

"I'm n-not really a people person." I mutter. My eyes flicker around the corridors, which had people trickling in. My stomach clenched and I tried to tell myself to calm down. I didn't want any of them to be here. Or maybe I just didn't want to be here. Not at school, not at home, not in existence.

"You okay, Kellin?" Vic asks from my side, noticing how I had stopped walking. His eyes were wide as he placed his hands on my forearms, helping to steady me, as my legs were quite wobbly.

"I'm f-fine. It's nothing." I stammer out, slipping out of his grasp, ignoring the stinging feeling on my arms. Unknowingly, his fingers had lingered over scabbed over lacerations I had carved into myself.

He gives me a confused look, but stays at my side as we continue our tread down the hallway. Only a few paces later, once we've almost reached our first hour English class, I notice him. My heart dropped down into my stomach, and fell further still until I imagined it slipping down onto the floor and landing at his feet.

He seemed to notice me. I felt his eyes slink up my body, scanning me down like he wanted to eat me. Until his eyes met mine. Those haunting hazel eyes that I had once loved, were staring into mine right at this very second, and they seemed to smirk. Before I knew what was happening, those skinny legs were walking over to Vic and I.

I had forgotten about the new kid at this point, the feeling in my chest wasn't going away anytime soon and if he had to, he'd have to find his way to the rest of his classes on his own.

"Kellin, what a pleasure it is to see you again." He says, flashing me that signature grin. Showing off those perfect, bright white teeth. His hair is different than I remember it being. It's shorter than before, only grazing the center of his ears. The brown locks are still swooped over his forehead, and this time, it's slightly wavy.

"Y-Yeah." Is all I could manage to force out.

He gives me an amused smile, before looking to Vic. "Are you new here?"

Vic looks surprised for a moment, but I can't take my emotional attention off of the boy in front of us. The smaller boy looks like he might be questioning my ex-boyfriend. Wondering why in the world was he talking to him. I was wondering the same thing, actually. Why was he talking to us?

"Yeah, I'm Vic Fuentes." He says politely, giving the devil himself a perfect smile. He really was quite the charmer. But then again, so was my ex. Perhaps I'm not the best judge of character.

"Nice to meet you." The devil smiles again, winking at me before facing Vic again. "I'm Oliver Sykes."

I didn't know what to say, but apparently Oli did.

"Kell, do you have English this period?" He asks me, wrapping his arm around my waist, just like he used to, and leads me down the hallway. I tried not to cringe at the old nickname, and I was successful. It would have been rude.

I was smart enough to break up with him before he left for Sheffield to be with his grandmother for her birthday. It seems as if he didn't get the memo, and got a new schedule.

"Y-Yeah, Vic and I both do." I reply. I turn to Vic, noticing the lost puppy expression on his face. I force a smile before motioning for him to follow along. His eyes light up and he happily trails beside Oli and I. We turn into the English room, and Mr. Gaskarth grins at me.

"Good morning, Kellin." His expression falters when he notices Oli's tattooed hand resting on my hipbone. He raises his eyebrows, and I give a small shake of my head. He seems to understand, and goes back to writing assignments on the board.

Oli pulls me to the back of the class, and Vic goes up to introduce himself to Mr. Gaskarth. I knew Vic would like him, because everyone did. I was the only one who knew about his relationship with Jack Barakat, and Mr. Gaskarth and I had quickly become best friends.

I sit down in the desk next to Oli's, biting my lip as his hand slips into mine. Oli's friends and the rest of the class come in. The British boys all sit next to us, 'Oooing' and 'Awwing' at Oli's affection towards me. I had done my best to return it. His friends had been very pleasant and happy towards me, and before the bell rang, I found myself cuddling with Oli in our desks.

Vic returns, and sits next to me, with raised eyebrows.

"No friends, huh?" He jokes playfully under his breath as the bell rings.