Trip Down Memory Lane

Chapter 3

Dad i am fine, I am going to catch the bus into town and buy a new pair of shoes and some DVDs. I need something to cheer me up, besides Georgia is going to be with me so if anything happens, she can ring you" Jessie pleaded with her dad, feeling like a child again.

"I just think it could be too soon"

"Dad honestly I am fine, please let me go"

"Ok fine, but Georgia, promise to ring me if anything happens" Her dad turned to look at Georgia, in his eyes this was a reasonable compromise.

"Ok I promise if anything happens at all, I will ring you" Georgia replied.

A few minutes later and they were heading for the bus.

As they settled in their seats, ready for the 10 minute bus ride, Jessie turned to Georgia, ready to ask about the guy in the picture she had been looking at since yesterday.

"Georgia, you know those pictures you brought over?"

"Yeah what about them?" She absently replied.

"There was a picture of a guy singing, wearing a lostprophets top but it wasn't Ian. I haven't seen him before, who was it?"

Jessie tried to make it sound casual. Georgia looked on her mobile, located a picture and held it for Jessie to see.

"Which of these two was it?"

One of the guys was tall with short hair and covered in tribal style tattoos, the other was the mystery guy. Jessie quickly pointed at him.

"That's Jamie, well his proper name is Richard Jamie Oliver, but he only uses that for his paintings. When he is in the band he goes by Jamie Oliver, why?"

"No reason, I just didn't recognise him that's all"

Jessie's mind went into over spin. She had so many questions, but didn't want to push it with Georgia. She had a weird way of noticing things she shouldn't.