Sequel: Taboo
Status: In Progress

Verboten

Chapter 20

Jack tugged off Alex’s jeans, and sat back to look over the boy properly. And he gasped in horrified shock. He hadn’t noticed before, caught up in the heat of the moment, but Alex was scarily skinny. Hs ribs were poking out through the thin paper of his skin and his hipbones jutted out sharply.

​​​“What?” Alex asked, obviously alarmed by the gasp. He sat up and crossed his legs, staring at his boyfriend worriedly. Jack had hoped that maybe it was just the angle that Alex was at that had made his bones stick out so acutely, but he saw that wasn’t the case.

​​​“Alex, we need to talk,” Jack said, wincing at how grim his voice started. “Baby, you’re way too skinny.”

​​​“I’m not,” Alex said confidently, but his face betrayed his tone. He hopped down from the bed and retrieved his shirt, pulling it on and crossing his arms defensively. “Can I have those back?” He nodded at his jeans.

​​​Jack handed his trousers back and worried at his lip. “Alex…I know what weights are healthy and which weights aren’t. Yours isn’t.”

​​​“I’m fine, Jack,” Alex ground out, and maybe Jack was just imagining it, but his entire body seemed to have tensed.

​​​“Alex, you’re obviously not—” Jack started, getting off the bed to confront Alex. But before he could say any more, Alex leapt forwards in a sprint, pushing Jack back against the bed-frame and dashing for the door. Jack winced as his hip-bone hit the wooden frame sharply and fell, hitting his head against the wall.

​​​After a few seconds of wincing and blinking away the dizziness that swam in front of his eyes, Jack grabbed his desk and hauled himself up, feeling another surge of dizziness wash over him, like a crashing wave onto the shore. There was a swell of pain in his head but Alex was more important.

​​​By the time he had managed to straighten himself, Alex was long gone. He wasn’t anywhere in his house, or anywhere on his street. Jack sighed and slumped on the sofa, patting Biscuit when he joined him. “I hope Alex is okay,” Jack whispered, pulling out his phone and trying to call his boyfriend.

​​​Biscuit whimpered in agreement as the call went straight to voicemail.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! This is another very short chapter because it's more of a filler but I hope you enjoy it none the less ^-^ and thanks to everyone who wished me well about my dog - she's fine now, so it seems like it might have been a one-off and she's all fine now! Love you all xxx