Status: This is a trial story: If there isn't a lot of interest shown or feedback given, I won't continue to write it.

Almost Easy

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

“Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck!” Jimmy yells, kicking his chair computer chair over.

The bags with his sister's stuff are gone. Gone! Both bags are magically missing from their spot up in the closet and he knows he's fucked. Nothing else is out of place, telling Jimmy that an expert had to have done this. That shit bag Marina worked for must have found out and stole it.

Jimmy continues cussing, threading his fingers through his hair to pull on the dark locks as he sits on the edge of his desk. That was everything Marina spent years hiding away. It had been the only secret part of her life, and all Jimmy has of it now is a hardbound journal he took out last night. He knows deep down that he's failed his sister. How the hell is he going to explain this to her? 'Oh yeah, I broke into your secret room and took all your files. Well, someone came and stole said stolen files. Sorry.'

How could he have been so stupid? Jimmy should have known better then to keep it so far away from him. If he would have put them under his bed, they might've been safer. But how did the organization even find out? Jimmy was sure he would have known if he was being watched by them.

They are sneaky bastards, though. There have been plenty of times when two people have gotten into his house and waited for him to come home. That was The Boss' favorite way of getting what he wanted from Jimmy, and sadly there wasn't a damn thing he could do in the situation. Maybe the little fuck had gotten a key to his house somehow.

Pulling his phone out of his pocket, Jimmy searched through his recent calls. There's only one person he knows to call, even if they can't fix this. He needs to gripe and moan and whine over this, and who better to do that to then the man who helped you steal your sister's stuff?

“Matt,” Jimmy groans when the man answers, his voice thick and rough.

“What Jimmy?” Matt growls, “It's four am, this better be fucking good. You woke Val up.”

“Yeah, sorry,” Jimmy sighs, pushing away from the desk, “It's just... Pinkly-ya know Brian's dog-was going completely ape shit earlier and woke me up, so I went to investigate and... The bags are gone, Matt. Marina's shit is gone,” He tells his friend, pinching the bridge of his nose.

“Like... Gone? No trace of it anywhere?” Matt asks, interest peaking in his voice.

“Yes, Matt, gone! There's no sign of anyone being in my house, either. I bet you it was that shithead Marina worked for. God, he's such a cock!” Jimmy yells, leaving his study.

“Jim,” Matt laughs, causing Jimmy to blush with embarrassment. “Calm down. You had to have seen that coming. We weren't that careful, man. Plus, from what you've told me, Marina was one of his most valuable assets. They had to have had cameras or something hidden on her property. Aren't guys like him super crazy? Crazy people do crazy things, Jim.”

“But... Our progress, Matt! I'm back to square one now!” Jimmy stresses, throwing himself down onto his couch like a child.

“What progress? What square? Is this another one of your 'genius' plans? Because I am NOT dressing Zacky in drag again, I don't care how helpful it'll be. Be blushed way too much when I touched him. Plus, he's a police officer now, I don't think we're allowed to do that anymore.” Matt says wearily, remembering a 'master plan' Jimmy convinced the guys was a good idea right out of high school.

“No, this isn't one of my plans. It's one that belongs to my evil twin,” He tells him, slight sarcasm in his voice.

“What plan?”

“I don't know! That's what I'm trying to figure out.”

~\~\~\~\

Marina stared blankly at the wall, head lulled to the side. They had her drugged up to keep her under control. She guesses it was because every orderly that walked in walked right back out with no indication as of why; but Rachael knew why. And, frankly, she was scared.

Rachael was finally getting the proof she wanted. When it lied right in front of her, though, she wanted to push it far away from her. In all of her life, Rachael had never experienced a fear greater then what was dwelling in her now. It all stems from one thing, one impossible thing that should never be able to exist. Marina.

People like Marina are defects. Humans don't just think something and control the things around them. It's voodoo, unnatural, and down right frightening. Rachael can't face something like that, but she can't report it either. The police would jump all over that, all over her, and then she'd be put in the same position as Marina.

The older woman feels bad for what she does to the younger, there's no doubt about that. She wishes she didn't have to drug Marina and force her into a drunken submission, but Rachael had to until she thought of a plan. She's going to plead with Marina, sit by her and talk her through her high to try and negotiate Marina's freedom. If Marina agrees to stop controlling the orderlies, Rachael will take her off of the medications and allow her to make progress in therapy sessions.

Marina doesn't realize what her rebellion costs her. Rachael sees what the blonde can do now and that makes Marina an even bigger danger to the elders' hospital. The problem is that Marina wasn't aware she was terrorizing the staff, she just wanted them to go away. Now Marina had a guaranteed position in a hospital gown on lock down. Go her.

This whole thing comes back to one thing: Marina's mess up. It frustrates her to know that she'd never have to be in this position if she had been more careful. Despite all of her training in the organization-training directed to make her cautious-Marina still has a hard time thinking on her feet. Well, that's not entirely true, it just almost ends in something bad because she chose the wrong path. No matter how good her partners were, they couldn't cancel Marina's inabilities.

During this time spent in a slow high, Marina has had time to think. She wishes she couldn't just turn her mind off and ignore the thoughts, but they needed to happen. The woman let herself be used, she allowed herself to be bent to the will of the organization. This whole thing could have been avoided if Marina wasn't such a damn push-over, but that was something she learned from her adoptive mother. Sometimes it's better to be quiet and give in.

That's the thought process that got her into this mess. For her work, doing that gets you killed. Giving into the enemy, putting down the gun, throwing your hands into the air, not observing-it's all a death sentence. The one thing she found that wouldn't kill her in the end just tore her to pieces. You can't be with your boss, all that did was make you vulnerable. Marina rolled up her sleeves and showed him her scars, and all he did was take a knife and reopen them. She was stupid to think he'd do anything else.

“Marina?” Rachael asks the girl, sitting in the chair by her bed again. When Marina didn't respond, she kept speaking, “I'm going to stop your IV drip, okay? When I do, you should start shaking the drugged feelings. Then we have to talk, Marina, we have to decide what we're going to do with you. But before I do any of that, you have to promise you won't hurt anyone. Can you do that?”

Marina's slow nod is barely noticeable, but it's enough for Rachael. The older woman reaches over and cuts off the flow of the IV then sits back down. She grabs the younger woman's hand and waits for her to regain body functions. Sweat slowly starts on Rachael's forehead as time ticks by.

This is going to be it. After this point, Marina's life is going to be set into a fast upward climb. They're going to find ways to prove that Marina is either stable or too mentally ill to leave the hospital. From there, it's up to Rachael to dig out the information that will tell the courts that Marina never committed that crime. Rachael's praying that those memories haven't been cut off and they'll be easy to retrieve because if not, Marina is looking at a life sentence.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's slow right now, and I promise Brian will come back soon. Marina should be expecting a visitor soon. ;)

Comments? Concerns?