Status: This is a trial story: If there isn't a lot of interest shown or feedback given, I won't continue to write it.

Almost Easy

Chapter 13

“What are you doing here?” Marina asks her twin brother, still frozen to her spot.

“I had to come see you, Marina. Aren't you happy to see me?” Jimmy asks, dropping his arms to his sides.

“It's been three years since you've been around to 'see me',” She spits, feeling anger rise inside of her.

“Marina..” Jimmy says, nodding to the orderly who then leaves before he continues, “There's been a problem. On the outside.”

“What do you mean?” She asks, suddenly too worried to even remember she was angry in the first place.

Jimmy motions to a table next to him, so Marina slowly walks over. He pulls a chair out for her so she gladly sits in it, feeling him push her in slightly before taking a seat next to her. Jimmy has always been a gentleman, something that most girls don't see over his tall frame and wild eyes. Marina always thought that any girl would be lucky to be with Jimmy, but she thinks that's just because they're twins so she has to feel that way.

“I went to take care of your garden,” Jimmy starts, but doesn't continue.

“Okay? Thank you, but I don't think you'd be rushing to see me just because you burnt down my flowers.” Marina retorts smartly, sitting back further.

“No...” Jimmy swallows thickly, placing a hand over his eyes, “I found your secret room. Matt and I may have gone overboard but we broke all of your locks and took everything. Even the stuff you had been hiding.”

“Jimmy... Why?” She whispers, her heart dropping.

Marina wasn't angry that he had done it-she could easily get everything replaced if she wanted. Instead she felt sad, disappointed, sick. There were some things in her life that Jimmy didn't need to know about. Sure, he knew she was bound to the organization, but he didn't need to know the details. Some of the stuff she documented would make Jimmy never want to look at her again, let alone speak to her. She's a traitor to him and the organization.

“That's not all... I took it all back to my house and I thought I hid it pretty good but... Your scum bag of a boss had to've found out. Pinkly was flipping the fuck out so I went to check what the problem was and it was all gone without a trace. There was no sign anyone had been in my house anywhere.” He told her, looking ashamed.

“You what?!” Marina yells, standing up. “Jimmy! Do you know what you've done?! You've just handed The Boss all of my plans to leave! Everything on how I was going to take him down! He's going to fucking murder me if I ever get out of here!”

Jimmy doesn't say anything as his sister yells at him. His eyes stay fixed on the table as she flips chairs over, anger burning bright in her. Jimmy was supposed to be the smart one, the genius. She knew his common sense was very small, but she hadn't realized it was non-existent. If he had been a little more careful then maybe she would still have a chance. Jimmy pretty much just killed Marina.

Sinking onto her ass, Marina held her face in her hands as she cried. Jimmy snapped his head up when he heard the sob escape her throat, shocked. He had never witnessed Marina cry before-he thought she couldn't even do that. All he had seen in her was a block of ice, but apparently he had been wrong. Unsure what to do, he just sits there and watches his twin sob into her hands.

Finally, after some careful consideration, Jimmy stands slowly from his chair. He cautiously walks over to Marina, sitting down next to her. When she doesn't scream at him or try to sock him in the jaw, Jimmy pulls her to his chest. She instantly presses her body into his, allowing herself to be comforted by someone other then the man who's threatened to kill her for years. His large hands stroke her hair slowly, mouth telling her it's all going to be alright even though his heart is saying it won't.

Jimmy always manages to fuck everything up.

~\~\~\~\

“So, I heard your brother came to see you yesterday.” Rachael says, looking at the young blond.

Marina doesn't say anything back to confirm or deny the other's statement. Rachael knows it happened, she knows Marina had a mental break down because of what Jimmy said, she knows that the visiting room was tore up because of her. No matter how curious Rachael is, Marina knows she won't pry more then the younger can handle. The fear that stems in the older's stomach because of the beautiful woman in front of her is something Marina can use against her.

“Marina? What did he say?” Rachael finally asks, crossing her legs.

Slowly, Marina's cold blue eyes lift. The look of anger and disappointment pooling in them cause Rachael to inhale sharply. She has to be careful with what she says. There's no telling when Marina is going to snap. No one wants her to lash out again.

“Jimmy? Oh, him,” Marina says blankly. “He invaded my personal space, took all of my personal documents, then pretty much delivered them to The Boss. He's killing me, Rachael. My own damn flesh and blood just fucked me over.”

“What do you mean?”

“I had written things. Planned. I thought, hey. Why not write them down? It's not like anyone has found out where my secret room is in the passed few years. Well, Jimmy found it. Then The Boss did. Now he knows that I was going to rebel. Do you know what that means?”

When Rachael shakes her head, Marina takes a deep breath. She visibly tries to calm herself down, her bright eyes closing. Her hands start to shake slightly against her legs as her chest heaves before it just stops. When Marina opens her eyes again, they look lifeless.

“It means I'm dead, Rachael. He's going to kill me with his bare hands, slowly, just as he promised when I first joined the organization.”

“Kill... You?” Rachael asks slowly, feeling her heart sink into her stomach.

“Yes. The Boss promised that if I ever planned to leave, turn any of them in, give tip-offs, tell someone things I shouldn't-that he'd kill me. It'd be slow and painful. He'd torture me for a few days straight, maybe even weeks, before finishing me off with his hands tightly around my neck so that way he can watch the life slowly leech out of my eyes. Feel me go underneath him.

“Now he knows that I want to kill him, turn him in, burn his life to the ground, do whatever I can to make sure he's stopped. I lived as a slave to him, Rachael. He had his hand around my throat this whole damn time, now I've just given him a reason to squeeze. The Boss would do it too, without a second thought. He's a psychopath. There's no feelings inside of him.” Marina finally finishes, gripping the bottom of her tee shirt.

“When did you first realize his condition?”

“When he said with a sincere voice that he cared for me, but his eyes were dull and dead. No emotion reached them, not even when his cock was down my throat. The only flicker I ever saw in his eyes was when he made me cry and bleed. If you've never seen how excited someone like him can get from that, consider yourself lucky.”

“Marina... How did you even get yourself into this mess?” Rachael asks, hoping she'd remember something. Anything.

“I don't know... I really wish I did. This would all be easier if I could remember the exact events that forced me to be where I am now. Maybe then I could actually get myself out of this situation.”

“Maybe we aren't trying enough. There has to be another way to make it all come back...” Rachael stands, pacing around the room.

“It'll come back around when I'm dead. The Boss is bound to say something after he buries me six feet under. He always brags after his people are lifeless.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have quite a few chapters ready to be posted, so I'm sorry for the wait. No excuses! I'm just lazy! D:

Comments? Concerns?
xoxo,
BitterSweetSymphony