Status: This is a trial story: If there isn't a lot of interest shown or feedback given, I won't continue to write it.

Almost Easy

Chapter 15

“What do you mean you want to bang my sister?!” Jimmy asks, squinting at Brian from across the table.

“I didn't say that! I said she's beautiful and I want to know if it's okay with you if I, you know... Get to know her.” Brian replies, rolling his eyes.

“So you want to bang her. This isn't classy, dude. You two are in a mental hospital.” Jimmy retorts.

“Dammit, Jimmy... Yes, I want to bang her. Happy? And I don't even think she's crazy. Is she like a criminal or some shit?” The shorter male questions his long-necked best friend.

“That's something you have to ask her, man,” Jimmy puts his hands up, “I'm not getting in the middle of your mental hospital love story.”

Brian sighs, leaning back in the chair. Jimmy can be so impossible sometimes. Can't he just drop the fact that Brian has the hots for his sister and tell him something useful? Brian really needs to know what he's getting himself into before he tries to befriend Marina further. She could be completely insane for all he knows. Or a psychopath.

“Why don't you just go on and play nice with my sister. I have to go home and continue trying to think like her,” Jimmy finally says, standing up.

“Huh?” Brian asks, confused.

“What? Nothing,” Jimmy replies before leaving Brian alone at the table.

This meeting was so useless.

~\~\~\~\

The blush on Marina's face is dark. She just told Rachael about Brian and now all the older woman will do is smirk at her. Rachael honestly isn't surprised that Marina is attracted to Brian-he's a very good-looking man. Plus, it makes Rachael feel good about her progress with Marina that the blond was feeling comfortable enough to confess to liking another resident. While that isn't a good thing, there's also nothing she can do to stop it. They have a common acquaintance. Jimmy.

“Rachael,” Marina groans, leaning her head back against the wall.

“What? I think it's good that he opened up to you like that. Did you tell him about why you're in here?”

“Why would I? He'd think I'm crazy as fuck and never talk to me again,” Marina groans again.

“I didn't say you had to tell him that you've killed people. Maybe just the basics. The police arrested you then put you in here because you said you can control peoples' minds.”

“And again, crazy as fuck.”

Rachael laughs at Marina, shaking her head. It's true, there's no way for Marina to tell Brian without sounding totally insane. That's just the price the small woman has to pay, though. Admit to Brian why she's here or never tell him and leave him in a position to not be able to trust her. It's all up to Marina.

While laying in bed that night, Marina stared up at the ceiling. It's going to be Christmas soon-She was drugged through Thanksgiving. Maybe her present to Brian will be telling him why she's in here. It'll take a lot of thought, though. Could he handle what she has to say? Or will he just laugh in her face like everyone else?

Rolling over and cuddling deeper into the blankets, Marina sighs. Brian is so perfect despite his imperfections. He's smart, witty, funny, and understanding. His arms are covered in tattoos that make Marina weak at the knees. It's hard to not to tell him everything, starting from the beginning, because she really, really wants to. He's just been so broken for so long... She feels like it'd be wrong to tell him.

On the other side of that argument, though, you could say it'd be wrong to not tell him. It's obvious that he has eyes for her and lying about her state would be mean. She'd let him down in the end if she kept it away from him for too long and that'd just hurt him even more. Brian's a big boy, he can take what she had to say.

Marina closes her eyes after the long debate within herself. She's decided to tell Brian within the next month but until then, she has to find ways to make him more prone to believing her.

~\~\~\~\

It's freezing when Marina wakes up in the morning. Her face is numb and despite having the blanket on, so are her feet. Sure, it's December, but usually they keep the temperature in this place fairly controlled. Now it's so damn cold Marina is tempted to skip breakfast to stay cuddled up in her bed. That won't fly with the orderlies, though. They expect you to be up by at least 9 am, and it's already 8:30.

With a groan, Marina kicks the blanket back and pulls herself out of bed. Her head pounds from the movement, vision blurring black for a few seconds before clearing up again. Stumbling slightly, Marina reaches the dresser they provide and pulls out some clothing. Reluctantly, she pulls her pajamas off of her body before quickly yanking on her jeans and sweater.

After putting socks and boots on her feet, Marina leaves her room. The door shuts softly behind her before she walks quickly down the hallway, ignoring any people passing by her. It's even colder in the hallway so Marina crosses her arms tightly. Right now, all she wants is coffee, but they don't really give you that here. Whoever runs this place thinks that coffee is a reward, so when you're showing major progress and they think you can “handle it”, they'll clear you for coffee. Seriously?

Marina uncrosses her arms before turning into the slightly warmer cafeteria. She's not sure what's up with this place or why it's so damn cold, she's just glad that they had the oven running today. That probably means fresh baked muffins, but she'll focus on those later. Stealing coffee from Brian seems more important then a piece of gooey heaven filled with fresh (you hope, at least) blueberries.

The cafeteria is loud for being eight in the morning. Marina's icy eyes scan the tables before she sees Brian with a tray of food where she usually sits. Silently thanking God, she strides over to him, only having to dodge a few people. When she plops her butt down next to his, Marina doesn't even give him time to say hello before she's snatched his coffee cup up and is drinking it. The warm liquid makes her shiver as it goes down her throat, only drinking a few mouthfuls of the bitter energy.

“Well... Good morning to you, too, brat,” Brian grumbles, moving his cup across the table from her when she sets it down.

“Sorry,” Marina blushes, giving Brian a sheepish smile.

“Yeah, whatever,” He smiles back, shaking his before going back to his food.

Marina stands up from the table, stretching her arms high in the air. The sweater she's wearing lifts slightly to show her mid drift, a small tattoo peaking out. Brian looks over at her just then, his eyes growing wide as he bites back a moan. A light blush sets over his cheeks as he turns back to his food, trying to erase the memory of any bare skin under a woman's shirt he's seen in eight months.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo! It's getting somewhere! :'D
....
What? You didn't know that? xD

Comments? Concerns?
xoxo,
BitterSweetSymphony