Status: This is a trial story: If there isn't a lot of interest shown or feedback given, I won't continue to write it.

Almost Easy

Chapter 4

“Damn it.. You're telling me she got put in a mental hospital?” Jimmy asks his short friend, running a hand through his hair.

“Yeah, man. Zack arrested her and then they had her admitted three days later. She's in the same place as Brian,” the man responds, rubbing his hand on his chin.

Jimmy couldn't believe it. His sister finally got herself locked up in a hospital because she confessed that she was different. She confessed a secret no one could handle, so they deemed her insane. He knew she was a little out of it, but stupid? That just wasn't like her.

Maybe he was just reading the situation wrong. Like he said, she was a little out of it, but he could just be confusing thoughtfullness with an empty head. The more he thought the whole thing over, the more sense it made. Marina probably figured it'd be better to not lie to the police. She had a strategy planned out, one Jimmy was having a hard time figuring out.

“Thanks, Johnny,” He tells his friend, smacking him on the shoulder, “I'll see what I can do from here. Have a good night.”

“Yeah, you too,” Johnny responds before walking back to his car.

Jimmy watched him drive off before going back into his small house. He should have known better than to brush the beginning half of this whole mess under the rug. They had told him that there was nothing to worry about-All the evidence was gone. The boss had let him in on the fact that the sticky situation she was put in would never come out, no matter what. As long as she was under them, she was safe. He was safe.

Kicking a chair over in anger, he let out a frusterated shout. He should have known better. They are only true to their word as long as the rules still apply. His sister must have weasled her way out through the cracks somehow. She, ultimately, fucked both of them over. But again, maybe this was a part of her plan.

The whole situation was just confusing in every aspect. He didn't know how the information got out, where the evidence was leaked from, if it was by mistake or not, or if there was even a way to fix this. Just the knowledge of someone fucking up pissed Jimmy off to no end, digging at every part of his mind. He needs to figure this out. He needs to get to the bottom of this.

~\~\~\~\

March 9, 2007

“No, please,” Marina cries, laying on the floor.

It's cold against her bare skin. She did it. She got caught. She let her guard down and allowed herself to be taken captive. There was no way she'd get out of this one alive, she was too valuable of information to be let off with her life. Either she told them everything or she died. The choice was hard.

Now, she really wishes she had just killed herself when she had the chance. Her two partners are probably dead thanks to her, and now the boss is going to be furious. Not to mention they've beaten and raped her, something she can handle with enough mental control, but she can't multi-task anymore. They have her starving, exhausted, and her mind is shutting down.

Marina tries to lift herself up by her hands, but they slip on the floor, leaving bloody marks on them. She can't remember who's blood it is or where it came from, but she's sure it isn't hers. There was a man and.. She shut down. She can't remember.

Slowly, she manages to pick herself up by using her elbows and knees, slipping multiple times. Her head swims with every movement, her feet stumbling. Blood covers the ground in a large puddle, and she's scared. Fear soaks into her system. She has to look for the source of the bleeding, she has to see what she's done.

Bile rises in her throat when she sees what's behind her. A man lies on the floor, the side of his head beaten in. One lone, red fire extinguisher sits in the puddle, the obvious weapon used to take another human's life. Marina lets out a choked sob, closing her eyes tight. She killed him. She killed him. She killed him.

Deep down, she knew it wasn't her fault. It was considered self defense when you protect yourself from the man who was going to rape you. Or worse. She shivered at that thought, still looking at the lifeless lump on the ground. That was it. From then on, she was alone, and had to get out by herself.

Hastily, she reached down and took the mans' keys, ID, and gun off of his body. She would have taken his clothes, too, if they weren't ruined. She'd rather take her chances and run around naked for now, until she could manipulate someone into giving her their uniform. Marina gives the man one last look before running to the door, pressing her back to the wall right next to it and waiting a few minutes. If someone heard the attack, she'd be screwed.

When she had waited a good five minutes, Marina fumbled with the keys. She went through at least twelve before finding one that unlocked the door, the next step to getting her out. Even though she had gotten that far, her escape was still slim. She had no clue where she was or how to get out.

Carefully, her head popped out of the cracked door to show an empty hallway. Opening the door all the way, she tip-toed out. Going right would lead her to another shut door, so she decided to just go left. The corridor was open and there were less chances of being led straight into a room with people in it. Safety was key.

Instinct kicked in as she scaled along side the wall, gun ready. Her naked skin probably shouldn't be touching everything like this, but she was already dirty and covered in blood, so she really could care less. What she did care about, however, was the sound of footsteps coming closer. With no where to hide, she stayed where she was.

A woman turned down the hallway, noticing her almost instantly. Marina already had her gun raised, though, so the woman put her hands in the air. Cautiously, she took a few steps towards the woman until she could look her directly in the eyes.

“You're going to give me your clothes and ID card. Then, you're not going to tell anyone the truth, say a man who works here took advantage of you,” she tells her, Marina's voice flowing into her ears.

Her eyes filled with the dream-state, her voice giving a monotone confirmation. Marina watched carefully as she stripped her clothing, leaving them in a pile on the floor. When the guard was naked, she snatched every article of clothing-but her underware-up. She dressed quickly, the woman still stuck in the dream state.

As soon as Marina was adjusted, she slammed her elbow into the woman's shoulder and knocked her out cold. Now all she had to do was make it out of this building alive. From there, it should be easy to locate someone from her organization. After all, she was too valuable to leave to die.

“Oh shoot,” Rachael says, pulling Marina out of her memory, “I'm supposed to have another patient come in. Could you excuse me for just a moment while I rearrange my appointments?”

Marina nods slowly, watching Rachael as she stands from her leather seat. The older woman leaves the room, allowing the door to stay cracked behind her. An orderly can be seen from that small sliver, his hands behind his back as he watches over the door. She could take him down easy, she could take them all down just like that and get the hell out.

So why doesn't she?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh man, I'm so excited to write more! I haven't had such a rush just from writing in years :3 Hope you guys like it!

Comments? Concerns? Cans?
xoxo,
BitterSweetSymphony