Sequel: Galling Girls

Bothersome Boys

Never Admitting You're Wrong

I glared at my reflection and gave a little growl. Today was going to be the start of one of the most conflicted years of my life. You see, I'm moving out and going to start my life at college. Which would be totally great if my roommate wasn't going to be Jack.

When I informed my mother that I needed a roommate she instantly went and told her bestfriend, who in turn tells her son. Which, of course, is Jack. Who is, unmistakably, my childhood enemy. He's caused me nothing but trouble since we were children but my mother insists puberty has made him mature. In reality, he's just gotten better at hiding his mischief with age.

"Sally!" My mom called from downstairs. "Janet and Jack are here!"

Just great. I stared at my reflection, my green eyes looked weary. I was so not ready for what was about to unfold in front of me.

I quickly took my long, brown, wavy hair and tied it in a swift knot on top of my head. I grabbed my suitcases and headed down the stairs. Of course, waiting at the bottom was Jack in the flesh. "Hey there, roomie." He said, grinning ear to ear.

I rolled my eyes in his direction, "Don't call me that."

"Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." He tried to sound wounded but I wasn't falling for it. I had known this kid for far too long; seen and fallen for way too many of his tricks.

-----


A few hours later we arrived at the house we would be renting for the summer. It was a cozy little place; the perfect size for two. If only the second person was a little, or a lot, more likeable.

We unloaded our stuff and went inside. There we argued about who would get the larger room. "I have more stuff than you! More clothes, more shoes, more everything! Not to mention my bed is bigger!" I yelled at him.

"C'mon you two! Can't you ever act civilized?" My mother asked and I glared at Jack.

I just don't see why he can't admit that he's wrong and that I deserve the bigger room. Trivial as the arguement may have been, I was determined to win.

Eventually the argument was settled; I won. Like I knew I would, because he was wrong. Always wrong, and always refused to admit.

After several minutes of hugging, crying, and prying, we had our mothers sent on their way home. "Finally." Jack huffed, then stalked off into his room.

I hoped he intended to stay there for a long while because I was not in the mood to deal with him. I headed for my room and started unpacking my belongings.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, yeah. It's short. Probably not the best way to start you guys off but that means you'll only be more appreciative when the chapters get longer. Besides, it's 4:35 am here & I really should get some sleep. Not to mention, I wasn't even supposed to start this story first. Nonetheless, it is one I am determined to see finished.