Status: A Mikami Teru love story.

Words to a Stranger.

Habit:

[Ha-bit] - noun
An acquired behavior pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary: The habit of looking both ways before crossing the street.

-----

Chise had always been a peculiar girl. At her 16 years of age, she still seemed to be a very naive girl, sweet and caring, but naive too. She had been taken advantage of many times in the time she had been in high school, but she didn't mind. As long as no harm came to her or anyone else, it was all good. She lived with her parents, a 24/7 working business man and a full time wife that had never found time to be a mother. They were always out, always on his fathers business trips, which they went on together, and they usually forgot they should be at home educating her. But eitherway, Chise had never been a brat, possibly because she was raised by her old house maid.

Life was good, not having her parents around, was usually more of a relief than a problem, since her parents were bothering her most of the time and telling her how to behave and how not to.

She knew she had been a mistake. Her parents never really wanted a kid in the first place. Why would they? They were already in there late 40s and 50s and lived a comfortable life. Why would they want kids for? But never the less, she didn't mind. Her father, a company manager, had a few thick bank accounts, her mother, who had always been his fathers good looking wife, didn't even have to learn how to cook, as his father had always had maids who did work for them. The only thing she had to do, was buy cloths and look pretty.

But hey, I'm getting off the point here...

Chise was a small complexes girl, delicate looking, fair skin, brown hair, pretty long, around her lower back, even if she kept it in a high ponytail. A few bangs over her face, but still allowing her light hazel-brown eyes showing. Always carrying around her pink bag around, and a pink bow around her hair. Pretty average right?

Wrong.

Sitting in the lunch reses, her classmates chatted about boys. Babbling. Giggling. Gossiping. 'Yagami-sempai' she heard faintly, probably referring to the 17 year old boy from the superior grade. But out small girl here was lost in thoughts. She glanced lazily at the clock over the blackboard of the classroom and back outside the window.

"Almost time..."

"Time for what?"

"Ah!" Chise jumped at the unexpected question, almost slipping and falling from her chair.

A few of the other classmates laughed at her reaction but her friend Tadami Rina didn't seem to pleased with her answer. "Uruhi are you Ok?"

A little less scared now, Chise laughed at her friends and fixed her skirt, sitting down on her chair again. "I'm ok, why wouldn't I be?"

"Ritsumi asked you something and you didn't answer."

"O-oh I must have been zooming out, sorry" She apologized giving herself a playfully hit on the head with her small fisted hand. She turned her head back at the group of girls sitting on desks a few meters away from her and smiled "What was that you asked me Ritsumi-san?"

"I was asking, how is it that you ever got Yagami-san to notice you? Is it your hair maybe?"

In that moment, everyone in the group started either trying to get their hairs up or just complaining for having their hairs too short to tie up in such way. But Chise just laughed a little in an adorable way "Well its not like he's NOTICED me. We just talk some times. He's even helped me with homework once..." Or twice, she couldn't remember "...but its not like we're going out or something. He's just a nice guy."

"Oh god I'm so jealous!" Rina growled, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, I'm sure if you went ask him out he would accept."

"What?! No I could never do that! I just..."

Once again the small girl laughed. Rina was actually a tough girl, but she had no guts when it came to HER love problems, even if she could easily get messed up into anyone elses.

Ritsumi stood up from her desk, a determined look on her face "Well then ILL ask him out!"

"Wait no fair!"

And once again, they started chatting-arguing about who had the most chances with the guy.

Secretly, Chise was happy about this, as when she looked at the clock, it was exactly 12:15 which caused her to immediately glance outside the window, right at the school gate.

"Come on..."

As those worlds came out of her mouth, she was him.
Mentally cheering, Chises smile got bigger and her eyes opened up a little bit.

A man in a suit, with its matching tie, a perfectly fixed shirt, a black briefcase and a pair of perfectly cleaned black shoes walked by. His hair, mid length, black, perfectly matched the rest of his clothing, and the reading glasses he wore, made perfect harmony with his face.

She sighed dreamily, resting her head over her crossed arms, glancing as he walked by, being hidden by the wall opposite wall of the school gate, disappearing for the day.

It was far from the first time this had happened.

She knew, she knew all that was going on was just a teenage dream of hers, but BECAUSE she was a teen, she couldn't help it. It was strange. It was not love, but something in her just woke up in her when she saw him.

His name you may ask? She didn't know.

Why he wore a suit? She didn't have a clue.

What did she know? She knew that he had a habit of walking by the school gate every day at 12:15 Mid day and for some reason, she had developed a habit of waiting for him to show up.