Status: A Mikami Teru love story.

Words to a Stranger.

Regret:

[ri-gret]
verb (used with object)
To feel sorrow or remorse for (an act, fault, disappointment, etc.): He no sooner spoke than he regretted it.

-----

"You're late" Was the greeting her mother gave her from the livingroom, as she inspected how tidy everything was.

"I'm sorry kaa-san, but I couldn't get here any faster."

"You should have, knowing we were coming..."

"Oh come on, don't be so hard on her, she's just a child." Her father explained, placing a hand on his wifes showlder, leading her upstairs to their room. He might have tryed to help Chise out of her complications, but the fact that she had been called a child kind of hurted her pride.

So there she were now, watching as her parents walked upstairs, completly ignoring her as she hold herself not to loose her temper, not that it was hard to do so, but she really thought it was unfair of them to treat her this way sometimes.

And to think, she had sacrificed her only chance to know her strangers name... for this.

Her eyes traveled to her feet, a heavy sorrowfull sigh. What had she done to diserve that? She didn't know... maybe she had done something wrong in a previous life? Or was it something she would do in the future and she was paying before hand? She let herself fall on the livingroom couch and dropped her almost empty bag on the floor, finaly taking notice of its missing content. Half her books and notebooks, and even silk pink bow were now gone. Grate! JUST GRATE!

"Is everything ok miss?"

"No its not. Nothing is ok..." She grumped burrying her face in her hands, still sitting down on the couch.

Her house maid sat next to her, patting her back. "I'm sure your parents are just tired, miss... don't be so sad."

"It's not just that! Everything today went wrong. I'll note it down on my calendar, so next year I stay inside."

Her maid, Ichiro, could not hold back the laugh her young 'mistress' provoqued her. How dramatic could she be sometiems? "Come on, Chise. Why don't you tell me what happened? Ill make you hot chocolate."

"Mhhh..." She thought for a minute there, and stood up, a little less depressed now. "Ok... but just because of the chocolate!"

Ichiro smilled and nodded "Good eanough."

-----

After a few minutes, the young girl was finaly done with her story, and her hot chocolate cup. As she finished her story, she had gone back to feeling sad. Just remembering the events made her mad at herself.

"Well dear, that doesn't seem that bad. Unless you're not hurt. And that kid from your highschool seems nice, and you did good at your test..." She tryed naming the good things about that day to make her feel less sad. "...And today is friday, so tomorrow its saturday and there is no class on saturday!"

Chise sighed in frustration once again, crossing her arms over the table and resting her chin over them. "Maybe... but saturday also means no glancing out the window and no 'stranger'" She explained.

Finaly, her old maid understood. "Oh... so its that boy."

"He's no boy, Ichiro, he's probably a colage student."

"Ah, I see that man had caught your eyes, eh?" She smiled and patter her hair, taking the cup from her and taking it to the sink, washing it.

"Its not that like that...!" Chise blushed a little bit at her maids sugestion. "I don't even know his name..."

"Well, maybe you should ask him the next time you see him."

"That would just be akward. I mean I would just go, wait for him to show up at the gate and go 'hey excuse me, but you know, last time I forgot to ask you your name, you know, cause I've been curious for the last month or so, you know, since I know your daily shadule and such'." She said in a mocking like voice, making some exagerated movements with her hands. "Mhhh... I think I rather just keep him as a stranger. He might think Im stalking him or something..." She then concluded, resting her head over her arms again, her eyes stuck on a random blank spot on the kitchen wall.

After drying the cup and putting it away, Ichiro turned around and sat next to the highschool student she had somehow come to love as a grandaugter. "Maybe thats for the best... and you know what?" She inquirer, rubbing her back in a support manner.

"What...?"

"If it's meant to be, he'll come to you somehow."

"...You think?"

"Im sure."