‹ Prequel: Stella Polaris

The Art of Nesting

in the beginning

"So...what do you think?" he asked, taking a step back to make sure the wall hangings were straight and level before his gaze shifted to her.

A soft smile graced her lips as she admired their handy work. "I think it's perfect."

As he wiped the sweat from his forehead, Logan ran a hand through his dark locks. "It all feels like it's starting to come together."

Eyes the shade of honey darted his direction. "I know, it's scary." She rested a hand on her stomach. "Just think, in three months, we'll be parents. How crazy is that?"

The two of them didn't have much to offer in terms of a nursery. Though the apartment they had now was much more spacious and much nicer than the bachelor pad he'd shared with James, it was still only a one-bedroom apartment. With some clever arranging, they'd managed to make some space for baby essentials in their bedroom.

The wall hanging, however, had been Kandi's idea, another one of her infamous DIY projects that she'd somehow persuaded him to help out with. Painting the four wooden letters a simple shade of white was supposed to take twenty minutes, tops, but with intermittent phone calls, winding stories, and a pregnancy cravings-fueled pie run, the project had taken all afternoon to finish. In a way, he was grateful for the wall hanging because having their unborn son's name up on the wall, along with the crib and changing table they'd crammed into the space, seemed to bring everything together. It made it all seem that much more real in some strange sense.

He had yet to meet their son, but already, the baby boy had left such an impact on his expectant parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
Trust me, I definitely plan on coming back and adding more to this when the whole Mibba Month thing is over and things are less hectic because there was a lot more that I wanted to include, but I need the time to think things out, if that makes any sense XD