The Eyes of the Dark

one.

I closed my laptop as my eyes got heavy. I didn't understand why I was so tired when it was only about 9:00. Most of the time I'm up and active until 1:00 or 2:00.

Being a teenager, me and my friends talk on the phone or text at late times. It's just a thing we do. I was so tired though--no texting tonight.

I jumped into my bed and quickly felt the warm covers pull me into an alternate, comfy reality. It probably took me two minutes to doze off.

My alarm beeped at 6:00 a.m., like usual. School was ending soon, so I didn't have to deal with the alarm much more. I crawled out of my bed and did the usual things I do to get ready for school. Hair, makeup, wash face, brush teeth, etc.

I went to school, and the day was regular. I had one of my best friends, the one I could tell anything, come over to my house. Her name's Kellie.

We sat in my room and talked about people at our school, and all of the bullshit rumors about certain kids doing drugs, or girls who were considered whores having sex with the whole basketball team or something. It was normal for me to hear.

When I was in mid sentence, I heard a noise from my closet.

"What was that?" Kellie asked. She didn't seem alarmed at the time.

I got up and went over to my closet and opened up the door. I looked around for a second and didn't see anything that could have made the noise. It didn't really matter, in fact, I thought it was my sister in her room (right beside mine).

"Cierra," Kellie said.

I finally looked at her, "What?"

"What was that?" she said.

"It was probably Katherine (my older sister) in her room." I said, and sat back down on my bed.

We began talking again and we had been talking and giggling and having a lot of fun and it didn't occur to us it was so late. Kellie had to go home at 10:00, and it was a bit upsetting.

That night, I was still exhausted and I wanted to sleep right away. I couldn't fall asleep, though. My brain kept keeping me awake.

I was fine, still unable to sleep, until I heard a noise from my closet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you like it?
Please tell me if I should continue!