Status: Wrote this story when I was 13, one of the first stories I ever wrote. I still have to type the other two parts, but I can put up the first part for you all. :)

The Anomaly

Back to The Future

I woke up on a couch with Calvin’s mom staring down at me.

“Are you alright, honey?” she asked in a voice that sounded almost velvety.

“I’m fine,” I croaked.

Calvin was sitting in an arm chair next to me.

“Zoë, you just collapsed. What happened?” he asked.

“I’m not quite sure,” I said as I tried to sit up, “I just saw an image of a young lady being taken away by a dog that was walking on two legs.”

“What? That is insane,” he claimed, “I mean, Anubis, taking away an average girl. Mythical I might add.”

“Shush Calvin. Zoë needs some rest,” Calvin’s mom said as she layed me back down. “Good night, Zoë.”

I closed my eyes and a flashback began.

A wolf was explaining an idea and we had to get out of the place we were in. Then it went dark and we were moving. A force pulled us apart and we screamed for each other.

“Zoë!” the wolf called out to me.

“Dot!” I yelled back.

The I woke up with a jolt. The sun was shining in through the windows. I sighed. That dream felt so real. Now I knew a little more about myself. I had befriended a talking wolf. Calvin suddenly walked into the living room.

“Good morning, Zoë.”

“Good morning,” I muttered.

“Have a good night?” he asked.

I shook my head. “Had a weird De’ javu dream,” I answered, “ A dream probably from my memory.”

“It could be a link.”

“To what?”

“We’ll find out. Let me hear it.” I told him what happened and I think he cracked.

“It’s true. Hold on. Dot was telling me something before we left. Something about crystals.” I started to remember.

“You’re not serious. Never mind. I take that back. I have had dreams like that. You’re starting to remember,” he said excitedly.

Great, I thought, now I have nothing to go on but I’m partner to a talking timber wolf and something about crystals.

“Apparently, I do have something important to do.”

“Yeah. You have to collect crystals, but what type?” he asked.

“I’m not sure.” I answered, “but it is to stop something.”

“Another straight answer. Thanks.”

“Look. I’ve lost my memory. I don’t know much but I’m getting visions that are helping me with my past. Apparently, my past is dark and mysterious. Some things make no sense and some just aren’t as insane as they sound.”

“Yeah. And you have to figure it out. You’re going to need some help.”

“You both are going to need help,” a familiar, deep voice said.

I literally jumped right off the couch. A very tall man was standing in the doorway to the front living room. He was man with a bull head and was dressed in ripped pants and shirt. It was a bull-man.

“Who… are … you?” Calvin stuttered.

“I’m surprised that Zoë hasn’t told you. I’m Zar. I’m a bounty hunter. I’ve come for her.” Zar said as he pointed at me.

He lumbered toward me and I guess he was blind because he knocked over a lamp in the process.

“I won’t let you hurt Zoë.” Calvin said as he stood in front of me.

“Don’t Calvin,” I hissed.

“Then I’ll take you both,” Zar said.

He grabbed a sack and snagged us both. He was stronger than I would have thought.

“We’re going back.” Zar said through the bag.

“Back? Back where?,” Calvin muttered, “And isn’t he not suppose to exist?”

“I’m not exactly sure, Calvin,” I answered.

“Great. So we don’t know where we are going?”

“Nope,” I said honestly.

“Enough bickering you two,” Zar said.

He slammed me in the head and I blacked out.
* * *

I woke up, tied to a chair that was tied to another chair. We were in a dark room with a spotlight on us. Calvin was still unconscious.

“So you have finally awaken, Zoë,” a dark voice called to me from somewhere to my right.

“Who are you? Show yourself,” I called back to the mysterious voice.

Calvin woke up and said, “What?” Who are you talking to?”

“Me,” the voice answered.

A shadowy figure shimmered into view. A jackal, standing on his hind legs with an evil glint in his dark black eyes, appeared.

When I saw his face, I became dizzy again. A vision of him standing in front of me and I was being held by goblin-looking creatures, probably henchmen. He was ordering my execution. Not sure for what, but by the tone of the voice, it must have been life threatening. Then a wolf tackled the henchmen off me and told me to wave my hand. I did and a vortex opened a rip through time. We jumped in and were sent back to the time before they captured me.

Then I was back to what was happening.

“Who are you? Why can you talk,” Calvin asked.

“I think you should ask Zoë. She is the one who has been an outlaw in this world,” the Jackal suggested. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Zoë? She isn’t from this world and can’t remember a thing. Right Zoë?”

“I don’t remember you,” I said, “but I know one thing. I’m being chased by you and Zar.” I saw a smile spread across his face.

“So you remember little. What a pity. Too bad that that wolf won’t be able to save you this time.” The Jackal said.

“Calvin, will you trust me?” I whispered.

“Zar! Come and dispose of them!” The Jackal yelled and walked out of the room.

“Do I look like I have a choice,”

“Okay. Here’s how we are going to get out. Wait until Zar slashes at you. Then dodge and he’ll cut the ropes sense he is blind.”

“Okay.”

Zar came up to Calvin as I expected. Zar slashed down and Calvin successfully dodged the swipe and cut the ropes. Calvin jumped out of the way to not get cut. I did the same thing but I wasn’t as fortunate. When I was jumping out of the way, Zar’s blade cut into my calf.

“Zoë!” Calvin called out.

I landed on the stone ground, face first. I think Zar thought I died. Then I heard foot steps running away from the room and Zar followed his ears. Calvin walked next to me, grabbed my right arm and picked me up.

“Can you walk,” he whispered.

“Let’s see.” I took a couple of steps and collapsed.

“I’ll take that as a ‘no’,” he said as he picked me up again. I was half leaning on him and trying to walk.

“We have to hide. There is a village in that direction.” I told him as I pointed left.

“How do you know?” he asked.

“I’ll tell you later. I have a sheltered place there. Come on,” I said.

“We shouldn’t travel by night. We should wait for daylight,” he suggested.

“Sorry to dash your hopes, Calvin, but daylight never comes. It is always night,” I apologized, “Come on.”

As we continued, he kept asking questions and I kept telling him I would answer them later. Once we got to the village, I led him to a ripped up piece of tarp that covered the entrance to my secret hide out.