My Heart Spell

Where is He?

"Hey grandpa, when you get this please calm me back. I'm starting to get more then worried that you haven't called me. Love you." hanging up the phone, I stair at it for a few seconds, just willing for him to call me back, but he doesn't. Sliding my phone in my pocket, I leave my room and head to the kitchen to help start cooking breakfast.

Jason puts on his apron as I walk into the kitchen. "Any word from him?" he asks, as I put on my apron, all I give him is a shake of the head no. "I'm sure he'll call soon."

Getting out some eggs, I turn on one of the burners and get a pan. "I'm just worried about him, because he should had called me by now and that storm has still no let up. Any idea when its supposed to let up?"

"They say it's only going to get worse."

"Didn't need to know that."

He grabs milk out of the fridge, just as the power shorts out. "Damn it," he says under his breath, just as a lot of people scream of the sudden no light.

"I'll get the fire going in the dining room and living room, see if you can get someone to check out the power box."

"I don't think the power box is the problem, it won't come back on till this storm is done with." he follows behind me as we go out into the dining room. "Everyone stay calm, the storm just knocked out the power and it will most likely be out till the end of the storm, so just stay calm, I'll figure out something to fix as Kelsey gets the fires going."

</>

With the fires are started, with everyone eating what Jason could fix up, they huddle around the fire places with blankets around them. Jason puts a blanket around my shoulders, with his own on his shoulders. "Any word from your grandpa?"

"No, I'm going to go call him again." going down the hallway, I stand next to the radio as it says what's going on with the outside world. Pulling out my phone I call grandpa, but this time it goes straight to voicemail. "Hey grandpa, call me please."

As I hang up the phone, the radio gives the most upgraded news. "Flight 54 has gone missing after take off. All radio contact has been lost," then it clicks on to whatever other news there is.

My knees give out from under me. "Kelsey?" I don't register the person voice or their face when they shake me to look at them. "Kelsey, what's wrong?" they shake me gently. "Kelsey, please blink and look at me."

"It's gone, they can't find it."

"What can they not find?"

"Lesson." the radio person says everything over again, but this time it hits me harder then before. Tears come out of my eyes and I start crying.

Who ever is in front of me wraps their arms around me, holding me close to their well built body. "Sshh, everything will be okay, I promise." the person whispers, as they run their fingers through my hair.