My Heart Spell

Cold Wings

After Peter gets dressed we are hardly out the door, till the growl comes from the over sized black wolf standing ten feet tall. It huffs at me. "Get out of my way," I say through my teeth.

Peter pulls me behind him. "Make a run for it Kelsey, I'll hold this thing off as long as I can."

"What are you talking about?" I ask crossing my arms.

It huffs and rolls it's eyes, with a slight shake of its head. "This motion wolf is going to kill us of course."

-You never told him? Wow and I thought that he was your new boy toy.- the wolf says snarky in my head.

"Oh don't give me that, you two faced cheating ass. I was never planning on telling him, it's not like I like going around and saying 'oh yeah my ex boyfriend is a werewolf, cause when he was four a wolf bit him and now he turns into a werewolf every full moon'. Now tell me, how crazy does that sound?"

"Kelsey."

For a few seconds I totally forgot that Peter was standing in front of me. Rubbing my four head, I push him ahead of me. "We don't have time for this, keep walking and don't pay attune to him." I tell him.

Peter digs his boots into the floor and turns around on me. "Kelsey what is that thing?"

"Ugh," pinching the bridge of my nose, I shake my head. "That werewolf is Zane, also known as my ex boyfriend." looking up at him with pleading in my eyes, I grab his gloved hand. "Please we need to get going, grandpa doesn't have much time." turning around to face Zane he sits down. "Can you track him?" he shakes his big head no. "Then your no help." walking round Peter I walk on with Peter quickly following me and then I hear claws walking behind us. -Hang on grandpa, I'm on my way."

</>

Ridding in one of the snow trucks, we head towards to the general area I had seen the plain crash. Some where out in the falling snow Zane was following us or maybe he had stopped after the snow almost became to thick to see through cause the storms was coming back around.

"So are we going to talk about your ex boyfriend being a werewolf?" Peter asks as he keeps driving straight.

Looking out the window, I hold my gloved hands to the heater vents. "In my defiance, I didn't know right away when we were dating. On the nights of the full moon, he would tell me he was busy doing something. Well one night I went over to his place and seen him turn. He was scared that he would attack me, but he never did." glancing out the window I see a big black shadow following us.

"So your ex is a werewolf and your newest boyfriend is cursed, still to become a mouth."

"You aren't my boyfriend." in my mind I see my grandpa in a cave in front of a small fire. Then I see a sign out says Snow Flake Ridge. "Turn right up ahead and keep going for fifty feet."

"We have-" he is cut off by a grunt of pain.

Turning to face him, his body goes stiff and then he is nothing more then a heap of clothes. "Peter!" reaching out for the wheal, I get in the driver seat and slam on the brakes. "Peter!" I right away remember that I am sitting where he was sitting. "Oh please tell me I didn't squish him." I say through my teeth getting out of the spot and rummage through his clothes. "You can not be dead, I've tried to slam doors on your for weeks and you never died. You can't be dead now, there is no possible way for you to be dead." moving the shirt out of the way, he shakes his wings as if he is testing them out, then he flutters on top of the steering wheal. "You are not driving."

Moving his stuff out of the way, I get in the seat as he creeps onto my knuckles as I put the snow truck in gear and keep going. Driving on, I keep feeling like he is giving me dirty looks. After fifty feet come, I see a cave and put the snow truck in park. "You'll be fine in here, your wings won't freeze off." as I am about to open the door he smacks me on the forehead with his body. "Your staying in here, Zane will protect me from whatever I seen in my nightmare." getting out of the truck I jump down into the waist deep snow. "Zane!" I yell as I close the door.

He comes through the snow, bellow me and lets me jump on his back. He runs as best as he can in the deep snow into the cave. "Grandpa!"

Grandpa curled up to the fire that is slowly dying. He looks up at me in a daze, as he lays on an ice floor. "Kelsey?" he whispers.

Getting off Zane, I rush to him. "Your hands are like ice, come on we are going to get out of here." just then a sickening snarl fills the ice cave. "Zane!"

Zane jumps over us and hunches over and growls at the beast that stagers out of the back of the cave. It looks like a bear crossed with big foot. It's eyes are red and it almost looks crazy. -Get him out of here, I'll hold this thing off as long as I can.-

Hoisting grandpa on his feet with his arm around my shoulder, we slowly start moving out of the cave, as Zane starts to fight the beast. As we start walking through the path Zane had made when he was through here, the snow is starting to get deep again. "Can always count on the guys that date you." he coughs out.

"I'm not dating him." I remind him.

A yelp fills the air and then the beast comes running out with blood coming down the front of it. "Grandpa get to the snow truck as fast as you can, I'll keep it at bay as long as I can." making him go on without me, I face the beast. "As long as I'm breathing, you are not getting any where near my grandpa." making a quick snow ball I through it at it and of course this only makes it more mad.

It runs right at me, quickly I slide under its legs and grab the back of it's leg and make it fall down. It roars in pain and then kicks me back, sending me sliding back into the cave. Trying to breath, Zane is bloody, but he is still alive, just knocked out. Trying to stand up, I wince in pain. The beast comes back, it doesn't even act like it's hurt--if it's hurt at all.

"Kelsey!"

A spear goes right through the beast heart, killing it. "Peter?"

Peter stand on the beast with a big grin on his face, but it doesn't last long cause he turns right back into a mouth and at this temperature it wings would freeze. Going to him as fast as I can, I tuck him on my coat. "Zane, can you move?"

He slowly gets up. -Yeah but I'm going to have to ride in the back of the truck.-

"Fine, come on." quickly walking through the path, we don't glance back at the beast.

</>

Getting back to the lodge I put grandpa right in front of the fire place and grab blankets and put them on him, as he shivers. Zane turns back into a man with no clothes on, with a bad leg. Quick as he can, he goes to his room before anyone sees him. Taking Peter out of my pocket, he is cold and frozen. "Peter?" no movement, "Peter move your wings." he doesn't move his wings. "Peter turn back into a man." he doesn't turn back into a man. Touching his wings, they don't even move, his body doesn't move. "Peter stop faking it, this isn't funny." tears start to slide down my face. "Peter!"

"Do you love him?" turning around to the sudden voice, I come face to face with Peter grandma as she is dressed in her night gown.

"What?"

"Do you love him?"

Clearing my eyes of the tears, I can't help but shrug my shoulders. "I don't know, he bugs the crap out of me."

She smiles at me. "That is love my dear, men that bug us, only do it because they love us and know that we will forgive them in the end. If you truly love my grandson, kiss his wings and he will become a man once again and will stay a man. But if you do not love him, he will stay frozen forever."

Turning back to the frozen mouth, the tears come back, as I think of everything that has happened between us. Taking a deep breath, I kiss each wing and pray that he will come back to me. -Come back to me Peter. Let me read to you again. Cook for me again. Let's laugh and curl up in front of the fire place. Please come back to me.-
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes I am leaving you all with a cliff hanger. Hope you all enjoyed the chapter :)