My Heart Spell

Dance and Be Happy

I was going to kill him. If he was still a mouth, I would slam him in the door frame and be done with it. But I couldn't do that now. But I could still hurt him until he turned black and blue.

Looking at myself in the mirror for the seventh time, I stair at the dress. It's a silver gold color, that sparkles in the light, that goes around my shoulders and holds tight to my body until my waist and puffs out. The shoes where more flip flops, which is good, cause I can't hardly walk in high heals. Even when I try. My hair was up like he asked.

Looking pretty, with makeup on and going to a big party, sounds like fun. But my urge to kill him sounds so much better right now. Just because my stomach is turning in knots, at the thought of seeing him and maybe dancing with him.

"You ready to go?" grandpa asks, as he knocks on the door and opens it up. He is dressed in a black suite, with a bow tie around his neck and his hair slicked back. He looked like he was about to get married, like the pictures of him and grandma I have seen so many times. Even with forty years on him, he still looked like he was going to get married. "You look lovely Kelsey, I wish your parents and grandma where still around to see you."

It feels good to hear him say those things, but I can't help but wonder what they would think about these events that have come. "They are with me,"

He shakes his head and holds out his arm. "You ready to go?"

Taking his arm, we make our way out the house where a waiting limo is waiting. "You think I can make a run for it in this dress?"

"I don't think you would get that far, the dress will weigh you down to much." he had a point, it would weigh me down. "Besides, I think he would catch you and never let go. He would be an ideate if he let you go a second time."

"Couldn't I just make him clime a rock face to put a sign up there that says he loves me? Then make a run for it?"

Grandpa helps me into the car first and then follows. "Now don't be to mean to the boy." he warns.

"Fine."

***

The building was at least twenty story's high and looked like it was built out of gold, with white lights coming out about every window. Getting out of the car, we walk down a path with red carpet and head up the steps, as a man bows to us and opens the door for us. Going down the large hallway, there are already people talking, laughing and drinking.

A double door is closed, but music of classical music comes through it. "You ready?" grandpa asks me, as we get closer to the door.

"Yes...No....Please tell me this is a dream and I'll wake up any second."

He places his hand over mine and squeezes it a little. "Not this time," the doors open and the room is wonderful.

A man standing off the red carpet with a tablet in hand. "Welcome guest," he goes through the info and fines our pictures. "You are expected, please enjoy your self."

Grandpa and I walk on. "You can't falter him for his style."

"Not helping," I whisper searching the crowed for him, but I don't see him. "I don't think he is here."

Grandpa pats my hand. "If he stands you up, I'll beat him up myself."

"Thanks grandpa,"

"I'll go get us something to drink, go mingle." he tells me and then he walks off.

Standing alone, there is some people dancing, some people talking and drinking. But I don't see anyone I know and I really don't see Peter. "Well this was a waist of time." I whisper to myself, then I walk out the double glass doors. Standing outside by myself, the air is sort of cold, but feels good.

A shadow over cast me of a tall man. "So you couldn't even stand in there long enough to see me come in?" a male voice asks as they walk up beside me.

Looking up at Peter he looks better then ever, his hair is the way I remember it, but some how tamed, he wears a black suite with a black tight perfectly placed and sleek. "Nope, Mr. Gruff."

"How did you know what was me?" he asks with a smile full of secrets.

"Well the voice was off and sounded forced. I sort thought it was you, but didn't really know until now. Nice touch on the really dark sunglasses."

He shrugs his shoulders, leaning against the stone railing. "I try my best," he stands up straight and pulls a small box out of his jacket pocket.

"If you are about to ask me to marry you, I will kick you."

He laughs. "I know, I learned a long time ago. I asked you to marry me when we were little, cause I wanted your ice cream. You told me know and kicked me, then ran off with your ice cream. Which by the way, I still want that ice cream."

"Never."

He rolls his eyes and opens the box and inside the box is a house key. "Kelsey," he goes down on one knee. "I'm not asking you to marry me right now. But I would like it, if we could get our own place and build a life together. Then get married. I would love to watch you cook and hear you read. I would love to learn everything a normal none-rich guy does for the girl he loves. Will you please, allow me that? Will you move in with me?"

I see grandpa stand at the edge of the double doors with Peter grandma, as if expecting me to say something. They all had planned this, it was easy to see. "I'll only move in with you, if you follow these rules."

"Okay," he says shacking a little.

"If you ever turn back into a mouth, I will slam the door on you."

"Really?"

"I'm not finished," I dare him to say anything, but he holds his tong. "I will not have kids, before marriage, if we get that far." he shakes his head. "You will respect your grandma and my grandpa."

"Of course,"

"And lastly, why haven't we started dancing?" I ask with a smile.

He smiles back and stands up, then puts the box in my hand. "I'm a better man because of you and I want to get even better. I also am planning on spoiling you a lot, cause don't for get I am a rich man."

I can't help but laugh and put the box down on the railing, then we stand the way you would ready to dance and start to go in a circle. "Oh yea, cause I'm only going to date you for your money."

"Well isn't that why you want to date me?" he teases.

I laugh. "You wish," then without thinking about it, I full on kiss him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading my story everyone!!! :D