My Heart Spell

Grandpa

Evening comes, everyone would be asleep right now, but for some reason I can’t. Maybe it’s because grandpa is coming in the morning. Grabbing a random book out of my dresser, I pull up one of the table chairs and sit it next to the window so I can read my book with the moonlight showing through the window.

The mouth flutters down to me and rest on the window ledge.

“What do you want?” I ask it, as I open the book.

It flutters on to one of the pages and looks up at me, as if its telling me something. It taps one of its front feet on the page, as if telling me it wants me to read to it.

“If you promise not to eat the pages, I’ll read to you. Sound like a deal?” it flutters up on to the dresser facing me. “Should I take that a yes?” it flutters its wings at me slowly. Looking down at the pages, I take a deep breath. “Okay here we go, just to let you know I’m not use to reading out loud,”

</>

Some where into reading out loud, I feel asleep. My eye lids are heavy, but my body is slower on falling asleep then my eye lids. Someone picks me up in their arms, their arms are strong and buff. They ease me down in the bed, I feel their lips brush up against my four head.

</>

My alarm clock goes off on my phone, reaching over my phone I turn off the alarm clock. Stretching out, I grown rolling on to my stomach. Putting my face in the pillow, I grown as I lean up on my elbows and arch up my back so I can stretch out more of my back.

Sitting up, I rub my face. “What was supposed to do today?” I ask myself, then I open my eyes and look around the room. The chair is next to the window, with the book laying down from the pages I had left off. “How did I get there from here?” standing up, I go over to the small kitchen and start up the coffee. Something goes off in my head. “Grandpa going to be here soon,” jumping into action I grab some pants and a shirt, quickly going to the bathroom I change, brushing my hair and teeth, then I bolt out of the bathroom the same time the coffee maker beeps.

Turning off the coffee maker, the mouth flutters over to me but doesn’t sit down on the counter like I thought it would do. It flutters up to me face and smacks its head against my four head.

Covering my four head, I look at it and glare at it. “What was that four?”

It flutters on to the counter and looks up at me, as if its trying to tell me something.

“Don’t understand bugs, sorry to tell you.”

It looks around the room, as if searching for something.

Checking the clock on the wall, I can feel my eyes get bigger. “Crap, he’s going to be here any mint.” slipping on my shoes, I run out my room not caring if the mouth is following me or not. Right now I don’t care if it does or doesn’t, right now there is only one person I want to see or hang out with is grandpa. Going around a few corners I come to a halt as the front door to the lodge opens, then I see him. “Grandpa!” running to him, I launch myself at him and like always he catches me. Grandpa is built like a lumber jack, he even has the big beard.

“There my Kelsey, I missed you so much,” he gives me a tight hug, then puts me down on my feet.

Grabbing one of his bags, he grabs his other one and closes the door. “How have you been doing?” I ask him as he goes to the front desk to let them know he is here. I dare not look at the front desk guy, just because of last time that I talked to him, he threw me under the bus.

“I’ve been good,” he writes down his name, then he is handed a key so we go on to the room that he will be staying at.

“What have I missed back home?” I ask him, as we pass some people.

“Nothing much, that ex-boyfriend is working up on the extinction list though,”

“I approve anything you do to him,” I tell him with a smile on my face.

“Roger?”

Turning around, we come face to face with Mrs. Brooks, the woman that stood up for me the other day with her granddaughter. “It’s nice to see you again Anny,” grandpa tells her, there is a twinkle in his eye as he smiles at her. It’s almost as if he was a young man and had fallen in love with a young woman.