My Heart Spell

My Darling Grandson

After putting everything away in grandpa room, some hoe I got pulled into hanging out with him and ‘Anny’ the old lady that saved me from her granddaughter abuse. Course I’m sure that will cost me in some way later and I don’t look forward to it.

Sitting down on the far side of the table, as grandpa and Mrs. Brooks sit across from one another, they look at one another as if they had been something back in the day. This sight sort makes me sick to my stomach and makes me miss grandma like crazy, even though she only lived till I was five she was a really nice lady and I liked her. What few memories I have of her, pictures of her as a young girl growing up and stories grandpa tells me, is as close as I am every going to get to really knowing her.

“How have you been doing, Roger?” Mrs. Brooks asks him, as she puts a hand on top of his giving him a genital smile.

-Must not throw up.- I tell myself as I hold back from dry heaving. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for being friends, but the smell of love is chocking me to death right now.

“I have been good,” grandpa eyes become softer then before. “I heard about your grandson,”

She shakes her head, but her eyes don’t look like a woman grieving for a grandson that has been missing for five years and a really good chance him being dead. She looks like, something went wrong and shouldn’t had happened the way that it had. “Thank you,”

“Have you gotten any leads?” grandpa asks her softly, as if she will brake.

She shakes her head no. “We know the same thing, as we knew last year and the year before that and so on so forth.” a tear slips from the corner of her eye. “I wish he was here,” my buggy friend flies down and lands on my shoulder, as if lessening in. “There isn’t a day I don’t miss him.” she then looks at me, making the moth move back and hide in my hair. “I really wish he was here to meet you, you seem like a very nice girl.”

“Thank you,”

Grandpa smiles at me. “Kelsey is one of a kind,” he turns his attain back on Mrs. Brooks. “I think they might had met once, but if I remember right Peter was at least five years older then her. So I think they might had met when she was three and he was eight,” grandpa chuckles, as he looks at me. “It was so cute, you two were the best of friends. You would follow Peter where ever he went, driving him nuts. But when it was the other way around, he looked like he was looking after you like a big brother. He even helped you, build a snowman once.” grandpa snaps his fingers as he pulls his hand away from Mrs. Brooks as he digs into his backpack, that he always cares around for some reason.

The moth makes humming sounds against my neck, making it itch and making me really want to slap it cause its driving me nuts. But it takes every ounce of restraint not to slap it.

Grandpa finds what he was looking for, sits up and hands me the picture of me and a young boy. The boy is holding my hand, but he doesn’t really smile at the camera, he smiles at me as I follow behind him down the hallway. “I have a few other pictures of you two, but I left the others at home.” grandpa tells me.

Looking the picture over, a smile grows on my face a little. “Do you mind if I keep this grandpa? I think I have a frame for it,”

He shakes his head, with a big grin on his face. “Of course, I got copies.” he looks at Mrs. Brooks, who almost looks ill for some reason. “I’ll send you some copies to Anny,”

She smiles at grandpa. “I would love that, thank you,” she then looks at me. “Maybe some day he will show up and you two can meet,” she stands up and smiles at grandpa, like she was a school girl. “I’ll see you later tonight,”

-Must not throw up.-

Grandpa shakes his head and smiles back at her. “I look forward to dinner tonight,” she then walks off and grandpa turns to look at me. “I think you two would have really gotten along growing up,” he tells me, then he gets up and kisses me on the head only to leave me alone in the room with the mouth.

</>

Sitting in my room, my phone goes off. Looking at the caller I.D I can’t help but groan as I pick up the phone. “What the hell do you want?” putting my phone on speaker, I am really thinking about putting my phone in the blinder.

“Babe don’t be like that,” a male voice says over the phone.

The mouth flies over to me, landing down on my phone. “Zane let me put it this way, after you sleep with a chick and post about it on the internet I am aloud to be pissed. Now do us both a favor and stop calling me.”

“Babe-”

Hanging up my phone, I look at the mouth. “Yes I hate him,” I tell the mouth as it flaps its wings at me.

Someone knocks on my door, so I get up and open the door. Course I never really thought Mrs. Brooks would be on the other side of the door. “Do you have a free moment?” she asks me.

Stepping aside I shake my head. “Yes of course, please come in,”

She comes in and looks around the room. “My grandson use to spend time in here when he was a boy. Course back then, all we had to worry about was when he was cranky and throwing fits.” she looks back at me, as if considering me. “Kelsey, may I be straight forward with you?”

Shaking my head, I feel suddenly uncomfortable. “Of course,”

She quite for a moment, as if making sure of what she is going to say to me. “I want you to bring back my grandson,”

Right away I am confused of what she is talking about. “Mrs. Bro-”

She holds up her hand at me. “Not everything is as it seems,” her face becomes sad. “I did something a few years ago, I have tried to fix it for many years but everything I have tried never worked. So I am hoping that you might bring him back to us. I am not sure how you will do it, but I would be grateful how you do it,”

“How do I do that?” I ask her as she goes to my door. “Where would I even look for him?”

She doesn’t even look over her shoulder at me, as she opens my bedroom door. “He’s closer then you think,” then she leaves closing the door behind her.

The mouth flies over to me, rubbing its fuzzy head against my chin. “Where would you start to look?” I ask it, but as I do it flutters away, only to land on my nightstand. “Fine you go to sleep if you want, I got a few other things to do,” -Like trying not to freak out, that my grandpa is having dinner with Mrs. Brooks this evening.-
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Subscribe? Recommend?