Two Suns

One

Archer Alpha stood at the edge of the newly built farm house. He already knew that another family was moving in there that were from Earth, and he couldn’t help but feel anger. He didn’t trust the people from Earth. Maybe it was just the fact that they were different from him, and he just wasn’t used to new things.

The humans stayed in their Earth-towns, and the natives stayed in their villages for the most part. The only time humans lived on the native’s land was to farm. Of course, both of the groups had advantages of that. They sold the produce to everyone, and the farmers usually kept to themselves, aside from the trades they made.

Archer didn’t think it was right to have more Earth people here to do the jobs that the natives had been doing for years when they first came down. He could only wonder when the new family was going to be here. He could already imagine what his father will do. Tattoo Alpha, the chief of the Alpha Tribe, had welcomed the first farmers on the land with ease and acceptance, and now the daughter of that family always tried to see Archer on a daily basis.

“I wonder what this family will be like,” Alexei Oceans said, shifting his weight to the other foot. Alexei was built like a bull. His arms were thick and tanned like the rest of his body. He was a few inches taller than the chief’s son.

“Probably like the other one,” Archer replied. His dark brown eyes wandered over to the taller white house a mile away from where they stood.

“They’re not all the same, you know?” Eva pointed out. The blue paint on her face stuck out against the tan skin that she had. She was petite compared to the two boys, but she carried herself as if she was taller than the both of them combined.

Archer rolled his eyes, trying to ignore her words. He could only see the bad in the outsiders, or sky people as some tribes called them. He just couldn’t seem to find anything positive in them. The only thing that he saw useful was that they usually stayed in Bay Town which was the closest Earth-town to the Alpha Tribe. That town happened to be more on the Beta Tribe land than on Archer’s tribe, and that itself was a blessing in his eyes.

“Oh, don’t give me that look,” Eva barked. Her brown eyes searched Archer’s face, trying to find something. “You never know. You may love that family, but you won’t know until you give them a chance.”

“Eva, calm down. You know as much as me that Archer is going to have to be shown that he’s wrong, not told,” Alexei said, grabbing his future wife’s arm.

Eva sighed, nodding her head in agreement. Her dark hair bounced with the movement. She felt like adding something, but she didn’t. She smiled at Archer and kissed Alexei on the cheek, before leaving the two of them alone. The spirit leader was waiting for her, and Eva knew that she couldn’t be late two days in a row to her lessons. There was no telling what Ray will say when she got there.

The sight of a van pulling to a stop in front of the new house sparked the two guys’ interest. The flash of light in the sky yesterday morning had been an indicator that there were new people from Earth now. It seemed that the assumption that it was the people for this house was on that rocket. The van was white and had ‘Bay Town Transport’ written in large black letters on the side both in English and Apollon.

Archer happened to be one of the ten people in his tribe that had learned the Earth-language called English. Archer figured there are more languages but hadn’t even heard any other language spoken by the outsiders, let alone saw another one written down.

Alexei was only able to read the Apollon part of the van. The rest of the lettering was like gibberish to him. Eva had been trying to teach him the language, but it was like throwing water at a wall and expecting it to stick. He had always been the type of person that if he wasn’t going to use it all the time, he wasn’t going remember it.

Archer sighed, turning to go back to the village. He could worry about the outsiders later. At that moment, he wanted to clear his head and think about a time without the people of Earth. His black hair fell in his face as he moved toward Red Oak River.

***

Addison stepped out of the small van with a suitcase in her hand. Her eyes scanned the two story house. This was going to be her new home, and the shock hit her like a flying brick. She wasn’t going back to Earth because no one wanted to back to that hell. She was only glad that the briefing for this was a day long instead of a week. They had been given money to buy new clothes and anything else they would need, and Addison had a few more bags to bring in. Her mom had encouraged her to go a little wild with the shopping spree.

“It looks so nice, Addison,” Evelyn said, getting out of the car. She was trying to hype this up for her daughter. She already knew that Addison didn’t want to come. Her brown hair matched Addison’s in color, but not in style. Evelyn had shorter hair, and it was thinner.

Before Addison could reply, Norman spoke up, “You can design this house however you want. Remodel, paint, you name it and you can do it. It’s your house that we had built for you as a gift.”

Addison was surprised that the Earth and Two Suns Corporation (ETSC) had done all this for them. It was a big company that was slowly trying to bring people from Earth to give the help to get them out of poverty. They had also been getting things prepared to start making Earth a better place. Most of their focus was getting the workers needed here first before focusing on Earth though. Everything was a slow process with the ETSC.

The house in front of Addison was actually bigger than the two room shack that she was living in back on Earth. She could already see an air conditioner, jutting out at the side, and there was a light on the front porch. There were sun panels on the top of the building and on the sides, meant for catching the suns’ rays. The sun panels are common on Two Suns more than artificial electricity. The two suns, Archer and Rider, were brighter and stronger to supply more than enough electricity for a whole neighborhood and maybe even a small town.

Addison followed Norman and her parents into the house with a couple of her bags, preparing herself for this new planet. She just didn’t know what to expect here, now that she was millions of miles away from her home planet. It was beginning to feel like a dream to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited*