Status: There's no moss on this stone.

Ink

Ovaries

By the time lunch had rolled around, Frank had thought of Mikey's brother (whom he had not grasped the name of) a total of 12 times.

Frank was totally done with that shit.

After sitting next to Mikey, he was able to locate Mikey's brother sitting alone in the back corner, a notebook open in front of him and a content smile on his face. Frank determined that it was a good look on the boy, and then proceed to really take in his features. He was not disappointed.

Mikey noticed Frank ogling his brother and cleared his throat. "You know, instead of staring at Gerard like a creepy, you could go talk to him, right?"

Frank did not think of that. At all.

"But he's writing so you might not get an articulate answer from him," continued Mikey.

Frank raised his eyebrows. "What's he writing?"

"Songs."

Fuck Frank's life. Not only was the guy blisteringly hot, but he wrote songs too? Was he trying to give Frank ovaries?

After swallowing loudly and pulling on Mikey's sleeve, the two boys got up, leaving Ray and Bob to watch them with amused smiles on their faces. Frank approached Gerard slowly and sat down across from him, Mikey throwing himself down next to Frank.

Up close, Gerard's skin looked gray, almost. Like a corpse, Frank thought idly.

Gerard looked up at them with a genuinely curious expression on his pretty face. Simultaneously, Frank's heart ached for him and his newly-acquired ovaries exploded.

"Hey Gee," Mikey said, taking Gerard's milk casually.

Gerard looked as if he had walked in on his brother jerking off on his bed: shocked and slightly mortified. "Uh, hi?"

After a moment of staring, Frank pulled his brains from wherever his ovaries went and said, "Hey Gerard."

Understandably, Gerard looked confused. "Hi? Uh, who-- um, wha-- ergh." He looked vaguely as if he were having a seizure.

"Oh, uh," Frank paused to find his brains again, "I'm Frank, Mikey's friend."
"Yeah, I, uh, know. Um, why?" He flailed his hands weakly.

Frank shrugged and grinned. "I thought you looked lonely."

Gerard stared hard at Frank for several long moments, hazel eyes narrowed slightly and Frank thought his heart was going to jump from his chest and offer itself to Gerard to be cooked rotisserie-style and eaten with a glass of wine and French cheese.

A grin split Gerard's face before he launched into a rant about how the soon-to-come Batman vs Superman movie was just going to be a bunch of poorly-executed plots human centipeded together to make a sorry excuse for a blockbuster while flailing wildly and throwing his carrots at Mikey when he interrupted with something about zombies making it better.

Frank was pretty sure he was in love.

"So," Gerard paused, "are we going to make this," he made an all-encompassing gesture with his spork, "a monthly thing or something?"

Frank smiled widely and hoped silently that he didn't have little anime hearts floating above his head. "I was thinking more like a daily thing, you know?"

Gerard smiled softly, all big eyes and tiny teeth and wild hair. "Yeah," he murmured, "yeah, okay."

After school, Frank and Mikey started home in silence. Frank found himself wondering where the older brother was, and when he asked, Mikey snorted and said "What? Miss Juliet already?" to Frank replied "Fuck you and your whore-house basement." Mikey just grinned this sly, somewhat manic-looking grin and continued walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a wonder I didn't fail science, what with all my completely fictional anatomy lessons.
Show me your love.
-Your Ovarie-Obsessed Author