Status: There's no moss on this stone.

Ink

Pin Cushion

Gerard was positively glowing the next time Frank saw him, a rainy Monday morning while standing with Bob and discussing his new drum set. Bob had spotted Gerard sprinting towards them and nudged Frank, nodding at him and smirking when Gerard slammed into him, sending them spinning before Frank steadied them. Gerard was grinning hugely and keeping his arms locked around Frank, his face pressed into Frank's neck. He laughed when he felt Gerard talk against his skin, raving about his weekend excitedly. Frank found it absolutely adorable.

Hell, even Bob thought it was cute, and Bob only thinks cats are cute.

After a minute of Gerard mouthing the skin of his neck and surely living a multitude of hickeys (kid's a vacuum, he swears), Frank pried Gerard from him and kissed his cheek.

Bob whistled. "Wow," he drawled with a lazy grin. "Midget's got a boyfriend." The comment promptly earned him a slap because, no, Frank was not short.

When Frank voiced these thoughts, Bob replied with, "Yeah, for a woman." Frank looked to Gerard for support, but all he received was a cheeky grin and a lick to the face. It really wasn't as disgusting as Bob was making it out to be, what with his ew's and his get-it-away-from-me's and his oh-god-beastiality's.

"Fuck you," Gerard said defensively, "I am not a dog."

Bob groaned, "Then don't act like it!" while covering his eyes.

Huffing, Gerard turned back to Frank, who has snaked his arms around his waist. "When we get home, I have a lot to tell you about the weekend," he said, letting a hand curl up to play with Frank's hair.

Frank grinned. "Mikey told me most of the good bits. Congrats, sweetie." He kissed Gerard's cheek again.

"I need a girlfriend," Bob stated, staring at the couple with a considering frown. "If you were a woman, Frank..."

Said short boy laughed loudly. "You'd still be out of luck, man. I'd be all over Gee whether I had a dick or ovaries." Speaking of which, they had not exploded lately. "Anyway, I think this is a job for Doctor Love, don't you?"

"This sounds like the title to a bad porno," said Gerard.

"Hey," Frank chuckled lightly, "I thought your dad was running a whorehouse in your basement before I met you."

"Nah, he's too busy stomping on grapes."

"Mm, yes, your brother informed me. Anywho, Doctor Love has just the solution for you, Bryar!" Frank exclaimed. "Jana, from Orchestra. Your babies would be cute."

"Fuck you, Iero," Bob deadpanned before turning and leaving the two alone.

"No, that's my job!" Gerard yelled after him. Frank full on giggled while he wrapped Gerard up in his arms and kissed him hard on the mouth. So much for his ovaries not exploding.

Besides making out with Gerard in the senior bathroom like a fucking sir, Frank's day was rather uneventful. He met Gerard, Bob, and Ray by their bushes, giggling for the second time that day when Gerard latched himself onto Frank and smacked a sloppy kiss onto his cheek. Ray and Bob cringed away from the public display of affection and shielded themselves with their various text books. Gerard, who still had no concept of personal space, ignored the two and kept himself on top of Frank.

"Don't be so dramatic," said Frank, executing the typical Mikey roll of the eyes horribly.

The 'fro seemed to flow on its own when Ray shook his head. "So, has anyone noticed a distinct lack glasses-wearing beanstalk today?" he asked.

A light bulb seemed to go off in Gerard's head. "Oh yeah!" he exclaimed, smiling sheepishly. "I was supposed to tell you guys that he's sick."

"With what?" Frank asked, partially concerned and partially amused.

"You know that bake sale you had this weekend with your mom?" All three nodded. "Well, he stopped by on Sunday and bought a cookie. He got food poisoning."

Frank gasped. "And how did I not?! You know how shitty my immune system is! I turn the shower on too low and I have pneumonia!"

His boyfriend shrugged and made a clueless face that the Rock would have to physically restrain from aweing at. "Luck, maybe? Or Mikey just got the one cookie with a deadly bacterial disease in it that will have him dead by nightfall?"

"Whoa man," Ray said, "bit too morbid, don't you think?"

Gerard merely shrugged again.

The moment Frank and Gerard reached the Way residence, Frank was pulling out ingredients for soup (no way was he making that splooshy canned shit) and Gerard was working on the science assignment for the night, humming and refusing to sit in the bar stool right next to him so he could sway his hips to the imaginary music. It took all of Frank's willpower not to smack/hump his ass.

"Gee!" Frank finally laughed, shaking his head and turning back to the knife he was chopping vegetables with. "Please stop that, before I lose a finger."

He could almost hear Gerard's apologetic grin. "Sorry, Frankie." The legs of the stool screeched quietly against the linoleum in Gerard's version of surrender.

Frank threw the rest of the vegetables into the pot and tossed in a broth cube before putting a lid on the pot and turning away from the stove to wander over to Gerard. He smiled warmly at Gerard's concentrated face, letting his eye flick over the other's features. He traced the curves of his hair to the dip in his nose to the little black blood vessels in his lip, up to his gray-tinged ears and-- wait a second. "Hey Gee?" Gerard hummed back. "Why can't I see the veins in your face?"

Gerard paused in his writing and looked up at Frank. He thought wonderingly for a moment before frowning and shrugging. "I honestly don't know. Then again, you don't see the veins in your face, so why should I?"

Moments passed before Frank shook his head. "No, no, I mean, you can't see all the veins in my arms, but yours are as clear as day. Shouldn't that logic apply to your face too?"

"Hmm," Gerard murmured. "I'll talk to Christi about it next time I see her, I guess."

Frank came around the other side of the island and sat next to Gerard, wrapping his arms around his waist. "I hope you won't have to go back there, Gee." He didn't need to elaborate; Gerard knew what "there" was.

Gerard smiled and pressed a kiss to Frank's neck, which was the only place he could reach at that angle. "I'll be fine, Frankie." He paused. "Well, if someone comes at me with a needle, I'm using you as a pin cushion."
♠ ♠ ♠
I expect Skittles in my mail box.
Send me a Canadian too.
ANYONE HEAR ABOUT THE SANDMAN MOVIE COMING OUT IN 2016? TELL ME SO WE CAN FLAIL TOGETHER.
Show me your love (through Skittles and Canadians).
-Your Morpheus-Loving Author