Status: This is from MY account on www.Quotev.com so it isn't stealing

Daryl's Arrows, Ariel's Arrows.

Chapter 1.

I was running through the trees. There were a couple walkers behind me, and normally, I would shoot or stab them, but I may have dislocated my shoulder... Oops?

***

I've been running for about 20 minutes now, and I've lost the walkers. I was just about to slow down, but I saw a road, with people on it. No, it was a highway. The people were looking through the cars, probably trying to scavenge supplies. I took my crossbow off my shoulder, holding it up in front of me. Hurt shoulder or not, I may have to shoot. Cautiously, I made my way through the trees and out of the woods. No one had noticed me yet, but they would soon.

"Hello, um.. Would you like some help?" I called to a male who was atop an RV. He looked over to me, startled, and pointed his rifle at me. I normally wouldn't offer to help, but I saw a somewhat young boy and several women. Yes, women can take care of themselves, but what about the child? Could he?

"First of all, who are you?" The man asked me. He seemed pretty nice, so far.

"Ariel. No last name yet." I smiled kindly at him. "I swear, I wouldn't hurt any of you. In fact, I may have hurt myself so I wouldn't really be able to anyway... I really do just want to help. I've done this before."

"Well, Ariel No Last Name," I smiled at that, "If you really want to help, come over here."

As he said, I went to where he was. He beckoned me up the ladder, and helped me all the way up.

"I have a couple questions for you, Ariel." He looked at me to see if that was alright, and I nodded. "How many people have you killed?"

"None."

"Great. How many walkers have you killed?"

"Um, probably around 2000."

"Wow, that's a lot. And my final question is, do you have a group?" At this, my eyes started to water, and he noticed. "Hey, hey, I didn't mean to upset you. I just have to know." I just shook my head no, taking control of my emotions again.

"It's fine, it's just, my last group..." I trailed off, and he got what I meant, and gave me a sympathetic look.

"Oh. Well, I'm Dale, and-"

"Where's my gun?" a voice came. I peered over, and it was a blonde lady. "You have no right to take it."

"You don't need that just now, do you?" Dale questioned the lady. She didn't even notice me.

"My father gave it to me, it's mine."

"I can hold on to it for you."

"Or, you can give it back to me."

"Everything cool?" another guy came over.

"No, I want my gun back." the blonde replied.

"I don't think that's a good idea right now," Dale said quietly.

"Why not?" the guy asked.

"I'm not comfortable with it."

The lady scoffed, and then the dude said "The truth is, the less guns we have floatin' around camp the better."

"You turning over your weapon?"

The guy laughed. "Nah. But I'm trained. In its use, that's what the rest of y'all need, is proper training, but until that time I think it's best that Dale keeps them all counted for." The lady scoffed again and walked away. The guy then turned to Dale and asked, "Mind tellin' me what that was about?"

But before Dale could answer, an asian guy yelled "Oh god, they're back!" and put down the crate he was holding.

Everyone headed over to the two people who were approaching us. Except me. I stayed where I was. I could tell they were talking, but what about, I didn't know. I noticed one of the guys who came from the woods was carrying a crossbow. In fact, it looked so much like mine that they might have been the same model. A Stryker Strykezone 380, if I'm correct. One of them then noticed me, and pointed me out to the others.

Everyone except Dale came rushing over, pointing their weapons, and I raised mine.

"Whoa, nice bow," the guy who was aiming his crossbow at me said, lowering his weapon a bit.

"You, too." I replied, hesitant. "Even though they're the exact same model. A Stryker Strykezone 380, the speed's 380 fps, the draw weight's 160 pounds. Mass, 6.9 pounds, energy's 123 foot-pounds. Don't forget the length is 34.5 inches, and the cabling is hand made polymer blend Octane string."

He was in awe. "Girl knows her bows, 'lright. Daryl Dixon."

"Ariel Aixio."

And that is how I met Daryl Dixon.