Status: feedback always appreciated

Crash

Bunny

Image

Braydon's POV

“Where are we going?” she asked she sounded scared, but she was still holding my hand.

“I was just going to drive down to Weatherdale Parks and then I’ll drive you home when you’re ready.” I tell her “You really don’t have to do this.” I tugged on her hand again to sort of bring her back to reality it’s like she’s lost inside her head. Instead she gets in the car, letting go of my hand and I noticed the huge breath of air she let out. Instead of pushing her I run around to the other side and started my Ute heading in the direction of the park.

“Open the glove box,” I instruct, “There’s a pack of smokes, there should be a couple of joints rolled in it and a lighter.” I told her and she opened the glove box and found them easily.

“Have you ever smoked anything before?” I ask her

“Yea sure,” I wasn’t going to push her on that it would become obvious when she took her first puff.

It didn't take us long to get to the park and she still held the pack of smokes in her hand, once I had parked, she was nervous. I think she was also scared to wuss out cause of what I'd say, I wasn’t going to make her do anything.

“You can back out you know.”

“I don't wanna back out!” She was sassy

“Alright then get out of my car, your not gonna smoke it out.”

“Your car, it's an old ute it's falling apart,” she said pointing to the air conditioning that didn't even have a knob attached to it anymore.

“Hey your gonna hurt her feelings,” I said patting the steering wheel “now get your little ass out.”
Hopping out also I met her around the back, opening the tray of the ute for her to sit on.

“Come here,” I picked her up from her tiny waist lifting her onto the back trailer of my ute before taking the pack of smokes out of her hand.
“Only a little puff yea?” She nodds opening the packet I took a joint out and placed the filtered end to her mouth. She opened just slightly those full lips, fuck she was hot and staring straight at me as I lit the joint she took a tiny breath her big green eyes never leaving mine. I took the joint out from between her lips and took a big puff myself.

“Are you?” She went to question but never finished her sentence I tilted my head indicating for her to go on “Uummm if you get high how?”

“I'm not love I just need a little to take off the edge, I'll be fine the rest is yours.”

“Take off the edge?” She questioned

“Yea you’re sitting in the trailer of my ute staring at me with these big green eyes, smoking a joint. You’re killing me.” Instead of replying she took another drag making me smile at her.

“Why are you sober Mr Vaders?”

“Someone had to look after you”

“I don't need anyone looking after me!” She was angry and kicked her legs about like a five year old, I couldn’t help but laugh at her.

“Mmmhhhmmm... So you were just going to drink yourself into oblivion?” I ask

“Well what about you, you have quiet a reputation drinking, drugs, girls, coming to school stoned…”

“Hey that only happened a few times, I'd had a shit night leave me alone.” I defended but I knew she wasn't really judging me.

“What about the rest?” She asks moving further into the bed of the ute and laying down I jumped up and laid next to her

“What do you want to know?”

“If you could choose to be any animal, what animal would you be?” ok the pot was starting to take effect, I had the biggest grin on my face.

“A bird of some sort, I just want to be able to fly, a cool kind of bird though like a raven or an eagle.” Get away from this shit hole. “What about you Live?”

“I think a bunny.”

“A bunny?” I ask laughing

“Yea I mean what real problems could a bunny have?” when she spoke like that about her problems about how much she was really struggling it felt like all the wind had been knocked out of me. And I felt like I was part of the problem, enough was enough with our little get away we couldn’t pretend that I wasn’t part of the reason her dad was dead.

“Okay come on I'm taking you home.” I sat up

“No Braydon stop.” She pulled me back down “Just lay with me for a little bit, ill stop talking I swear I wont ruin it.” I wanted to pull her to me, to protect her to let her know nothing was her fault and she couldn’t ruin anything if she tried.

“You haven’t ruined anything Livie, I'm just no good for you and you should probably stay away from me.” I told her

“I probably should stay away from you, I don’t know how anything good can come from this…but can I do that in the morning?” she sounded far away and I knew she was feeling the effects of the joint.

“Yea lets just lay here.” And so we did for quiet some time, and she’d just hum little tunes to let me know she hadn’t fallen asleep, or shed run a finger over the palm of my hand and it would send my whole body into a frenzy.

“How you feeling bunny?” I asked her

“Pretty good actually the sky is really pretty,” so was she.

“Yea so you’re feeling it”

“I think so,” she mumbles

“Are you cold?” I can see her shaking slightly out of the corner of my eye

“Yea now that you mention it, I am a bit”

“Come on then jump down I'm taking you home.”

“But Braydon” she whines, she could probably make me do anything

“Come on bunny” I have to be persistent

“Are you gonna call me bunny from now?” She asked jumping down from my Ute

“Yep”

“Come here” I slipped my hoodie over my head

“Is that a tattoo?” she asks, suddenly more awake she must have seen it as I lifted my hoodie

“Yep” she was poking at my side trying to get to my hip and rib cage

“Hey stop”

“I wanna see”

“No, not happening put this on and let's get you home”

“Braydon” she said my name seriously, trying to get her way

“Bunny” I matched her tone, I can’t let her win this but I also can’t get mad at her

“I'm not going to win am I?”

“Not this time nope “

“Fine and with that she sulked off jumping in the Ute and slamming the door on her way.” And I can’t help but laugh at her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts? Feelings? its free