Status: if you like it let me know, I will update

Lux

| Taken part 2 |

*

Morning came with dark heavy clouds, lightening flashed within them. The air was thick with the smell of rain. I had the dream of me standing in the field and filled with peace again. It was such a comforting dream. I wanted to tell Sevyn about my dreams, maybe she would be able to understand them better. But I was afraid that she would brush them off, tell me that I was crazy and they meant nothing. I believed they did; the only person who would understand was Redd. Deep down I knew these dreams meant something; that voice I heard everytime meant something. I knew it was from someone. I would never dare utter the name in front of Sevyn. Yes, we were the resistance, we chose to live our lives outside of Domus, so we could live freely and practise what we believed in. But no one uttered the name of God in our camps. At least not freely. It was taboo. Worse still when Duke started enforcing more rules. No public displays of affecting because he thought the Guardians were watching; waiting for an excuse to tear us apart. It had made no sense to me, because the Guardians' duty was to bring in anyone who was not inside Domus, or kill them if they refused. I guess Duke was just as afraid as I was, except he was also crazy. Either way, I could not tell Sevyn, but I was starting believe that maybe, just maybe, I was not as entirely alone as I thought I was.

We buried Zach as soon as we woke up; using rocks and any other depris we could find. The ground was hard and it was difficult to dig a hole without the proper tools. Once we were done we stood there and said a few words.

Sevyn walked away at the end, and climbed on a rusty bus. She looked around like she was searching for something.

"What are you doing?" I called, looking up at the sky anticipated the rain to come pouring down.

Sevyn jumped off the bus, as high as it was, and landed with ease of both her feet.

"It's going to rain soon." She stated. "We have no water, so we need something to collect the rain with."

Of course, I nodded in agreeance.

"We also need weapons. My arrows will not be enough to take out a whole tribe of savages." She continued.

She was right, I had not thought as far as weapons. We began to rummage through the rubble, walking up the street, which was mostly covered with tall grass and weeds. Cars were strewn everywhere, some were toppled over, some bigger than others. I wondered how many poeople must have lived in this world for there to be so many cars. I have never seen more than two hundred people at a time. But there looked to be more that two hundred cars over the street and further into the city. Father used to say Domus was filled with hundreds of thousands of people. I could not imagine that number. And once there were billions of people all over the world. Billions. It sounded like a great number. Could the earth hold that many people? No wonder the earth rebelled, there were just too many people.

I do wish I could have seen it and experienced it. Living in squaller like this was depressing. When I look at these once great buildings and the once great machines, my heart yearns to have seen them all in their functioning glory. How majestic they must have been. How convenient life has to have been. Not having to walk for days on end to get from one place to the next. Not having to scavenge for food, eating less than what your body required because you had to save for the next day. Not having to fight for survival, for your freedom every day. To just be free, to love and dream and be. To have everything you have ever needed available in access.

"Lux!" Sevyn called my name and snapped me out of my reverie.

She was a few metres away from me, further than I last checked on her. I ran towards her. And as I got closer I saw her holding up something. It was a large yellow bottle, with a shoot hanging out.

"Look! For water." She said, her eyes glistening with excitement. I smiled weakly, disappointed I had not found anything, I was too busy daydreaming.

"What did you get?" She asked.

I shook my head, "Nothing."

"No big deal, I also found this for you." She held a leather pocket, and out of it she pulled out a large shiny knife.

I gasped in awe of it. It was almost in mint condition. Sevyn handed me the knife and I held it in both hands, it was slightly heavy. I could see my reflection in it. I looked a mess.

"What are the chances right?" Sevyn muttered.

I barely acknowledged her, still gazing at the knife. What were the chances?
Sevyn hopped off the car and began to walk back towards the hotel.

"We need to find a long stick we can tie it to, so you can use it as a spear." She called behind her.

I put the knife back into it's leather covering, then shoved it into my pants behind me. I ran after Sevyn to catch up. I felt strong with the knife carefully tucked behind me. I was ready to go.