Coffee Shop

Chapter 1

‘So, I’m here with my big sister Aoife (EE-FA), who has just moved to America…’ Aoife’s sister Zoe, said towards her camera while the two women were walking along the pavement, after going for a jog in the local park. The smaller of the two, Aoife, signalled to her sister that she will go and get them some drinks before walking into the local coffee shop.
- - - - -
Walking away from the counter after receiving his drink, Sidney was too preoccupied on his phone, texting his sister Taylor, to see the small woman coming towards him, and before he knew it he crashed into her, sending her falling to the floor.

‘Shit’, he said, helping the girl off the floor ’I’m so sorry I wasn’t looking where I was going and…’ he cut himself off as he got a proper look at the girl. The first thing he noticed were her captivating green eyes, then taking a step back he got a better look at her and noticed that she was short, barely reaching his shoulder, and had auburn hair which was piled upon her head into a messy bun.

‘It’s okay’, she replied, pulling her now wet shirt away from her body ‘it’s not completely your fault, I should’ve been watching too’. Sidney looked at her again, a small smile forming on his face hearing her heavily accented words, and seeing a dimple show on her left cheek.

‘Well,’ he started, rubbing the back of his neck ‘I owe you, how about a drink, and my sweater, seeing as I’ve just ruined your shirt’, he then held out his sweater offering it to the woman, smiling at how it seemed to dwarf her petite body, before leading her to the counter, ‘what would you like?’.

‘Thanks, you don’t have to buy me a drink…?’ she trailed off waiting for his name.

‘Sidney’, he replied a little shocked that she didn’t know who he was, but from what he can guess she is from England and Ice Hockey isn’t that big there. ‘And I want to..?’

‘Aoife’, she said with a smile, before gesturing to the window outside where it looked like a younger woman was talking to herself, ‘and that nutter there talking to her camera is my sister and I promised her a drink, although it looks as though she’ll be occupied for a while’.

- - - - -

After being bumped into by, in her opinion, a very good looking man, Aoife sat opposite him with two coffees between them.

‘So,’ Sid started, ‘tell me about yourself, your not from here I’m guessing’. Aoife let out a small chuckle before agreeing with the stranger sitting before her.

‘You would be correct’, she smiled leaning towards him ‘I’m from England, lived there my whole life and just recently I decided to up root myself and travel to America for a job here. Yourself, Canadian am I right?’

‘Nice detective work there’ he laughed, making her smile towards him ‘I also came here for work I guess,’ he said trailing off, Aoife sending a questioning look his way, quirking her left eyebrow, or she hoped she did, ‘hockey. I play for the Pittsburgh Penguins’.

‘That’s great’ she smiled, ‘although I’m afraid I know absolutely nothing about hockey, although I did hear it was pretty big here, and now I’ve met a penguin maybe I should invest some of my time,’ looking towards Sidney she noticed a small smile form on his lips ‘yes, I mean, so when I run in to people I can actually know who I am talking about when I tell them I met someone famous, I’m sure it will make me popular in the office’.

Sidney then started to laugh after catching her wink, ‘I wouldn’t be opposed to that’ he started ‘I’m sure everyone will love to hear how I bumped into you, hey, maybe I can give you my finished cup and you can sell it online eh’. At that comment Aoife let out a loud laugh attracting looks from people scattered around them, liking how they were already comfortable enough to joke around with each other.

Looking to her left, Aoife saw her sister jumping up and down trying to catch her attention, letting out a small laugh she leaned towards Sidney, gesturing towards her sister, ‘It seems I’m being summoned, so I guess I best be off’.

Sidney, standing up along with Aoife, hugged her ‘It was really nice to meet you, any chance I can get your number?’

Laughing, Aoife pulled away slightly, kissing him on the cheek, a cheeky smile that seemed permanent on her face, ‘I don’t know superstar, I mean, you did spill coffee all down me, but how about this, next time you see me, if you see me I’ll give you my number’.

Sidney, a confused look on his face replies, ‘what if I don’t see you?’

‘Don’t worry superstar, I’m sure you will, especially if you come here’, and with a laugh and a wink over her shoulder Aoife was out of the door, leaving Sidney standing dumbfounded in the middle of the coffee shop.

- - - - - - -

‘WHO WAS THAT?’, Zoe, Aoife’s sister screamed as she exited the coffee shop, ‘HE WAS HOT’

‘Okay, Zo, one don’t scream, we’re in public, two, that was Sidney, three, yes I know he was hot, I was sat opposite him, I got to look at his face!’ Aoife replied to her sister, with a soft smile on her face.

‘Well’ Zoe trailed ‘Did you get his number? What did you speak about? How old is he, do I get to meet him before I go home? I need answers Eve, I need answers!’

Aoife, looking behind her seeing Sidney walk out of the coffee shop, towards a car parked on the side of the road, smiled again at her sister, ‘No I didn’t get his number, bu’-

‘WHAT?’ Zoe screamed, catching the attention of passers by and quietening her voice down, ‘Why did you not get his number Eve, he was hot’

‘Zoe, again, I know he was hot. I didn’t get his number as I met him, what half an hour ago? If I see him again I will get his number’ Aoife said rolling her eyes slightly, ‘I don't know his exact age but I guess he is around the same as me, we just talked a little about each other and no you will not meet him Zoe, I do not want to scare him off just yet’. Seeing her sisters offended look Aoife laughed, leading her sister towards her own car, to head back home.

- - - - - - -

Getting into his car, after meeting Aoife, Sidney knew one thing. He had to see her again. He had to get her number. He knew that from now, until he next saw her, the short English woman would be clouding his thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aoife's Outfit:.
So, this is my first time posting anything on here, so I hope you like it.
Sorry it is not that great at the moment, but it should get better with time!