Status: Updates whenever

Stay

Meeting New People

Layla sighed a sigh of relief as soon as the hot water hit her tense shoulders. Tilting her head back, Layla ran her hands through her wet heir before grabbing her shampoo and began to scrub the grime off of her. Rinsing and placing conditioner in her hair, Layla grabbed her lufa and some of her rose scented body was she picked up from her run and began washing her body, scrubbing off the dirt. As Layla shaved her under arms and legs, she couldn't help but think of who she had seem. After all these years, she finally met Rick and Shane. After high school, they promised her they would keep in touch, but that never really happened. She hoped and hoped that they would call and ask how she has been, but gave up hope that her friends would remember her after a year of no calls.

Shaking her head, Layla scrubbed her body again before rinsing off her body and hair. Staying under the spray of water for a moment longer, Layla shut the water off before grabbing her towel and drying her body and hair off. Putting on a new pair of bra and panties, Layla picked up the shows shorts she got on town and looked at them for a moment. Thought high school, she has never been in a pair of shorts not even basketball shorts. Being over weight, Layla didn't want anyone to point out all her flaws and make her feel like shit. Taking a deep breathe, Layla put on the shorts and did a small dance and laughed a bit, seeing the shorts fitted her just right. They were a dark brown color the stopped on the middle of her thighs, showing off her now toned legs. Calming herself down, Layla put on the white tank top and a long flannel shirt. Putting her socks and boots back on, Layla ran her brush through her hair before braiding it to the side. Picking her dirty clothes up, she grabbed the rest of her belonging before stepping out of the bathroom.

As soon as she did, Layla immediately crashed into someone. Gasping in surprise, Layla dropped her belonging and looked up. Standing before her was none other than Rick.

"Sorry," Layla said, dropping to her knees and picking her thongs up.

Out of the corner of her eye, Layla saw Rick kneeling and began helping her. Quietly, he helped Layla before standing up and handing her her brush. Layla stood as well and took it from his hand.

"Thanks," Layla mumbled, taking the brush from his hand.

They stood in silence for a moment before Layla nodded her head at him and turned to go into her room. She was just down the hall when Rick called out to her. Looking over her shoulder, Layla saw Rick make his way towards her.

"Layla," Rick breathed," it's- it's good to see you again."

"Yeah,"Layla said "I guess it is."

Layla turned back and was about to enter her room when she felt his hand on her arm.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Rick asked, his head tilted to the side.

"Nothing," Layla said with a shake of her head. "Just wanting to put this with my other clothes so I can was em."

Rick looked at Layla, not believing a word she was saying.

"I know you're lying , Lay. Tell me what's wrong. We're friends, remember?"

As those words left Rick's mouth, she looked at Rick with hard eyes.

"Yeah, I remembered. I also remembered you saying you'll keep in touch with me. Making sure I was OK and was not harming myself. Remember that, Rick? Cause I sure as hell do."

And with that, Layla walked into her room and locked the door behind her. Setting her back on the door, she listened as Rick took a deep breathe before heading his boots move back down the hall towards where his boy was staying. Layla knew she acted like a total bitch, but she couldn't help it. Seeing Rick again after all these years brought back the feelings she fought so hard to deminish. Shaking her head, Layla threw her dirty clothes in her hamper before picking it up. Grabbing the new bottle of clothing soap, she headed out of her room and down the stairs.

As soon as she stepped out onto the porches, she stopped dead in her tracks. Standing out their was more people than she anticipated to see.

"Layla, glad you can join us," Hershal said, smiling over at the young woman," these people are going to stay with us till the boy is well enough to walk and they find a lil girl that is lost."

"A lost little girl?" Layla asked, "how long has she been missing?"

"Just today,"a man said.

Looking over to who answered, Layla say blue eyes looking at her. Familiar eyes she'd know anywhere.

"Well I'll be damned. Daryl Dixon, is that you?" Layla said, smiling widely at him.

"'Course it is, sweetheart," Daryl said smirking at the woman before him.

Layla laughed before placing her basket down and walking down the steps to hug the redneck.

"Good ta see ya alive and kicking," Darly said, wrapping one arm around her waist while the other still gripped his crossbow.

Pulling back, Layla placed her hands in the back pockets of her shorts.

"How do you two know each other?" She heard Rick ask.

Looking over at him, Layla saw Rick looking over at Daryl and herself with hard eyes.

"Brother and I were regulars at the hospital she was working at. Gave Merle a good ass chewing and a good black eye when he smacked her ass. After that, Merle had high respect for sticking up for herself and made her an honorary Dixon. She's like the lil sis we always wanted."

"Awww, you're too sweet, Daryl," Layla said, punching his arm," where's Merle, by the way?"

Layla looked at Daryl and saw his eyes downcast a bit before speaking.

"Was left back in Atlanta, high off Oxy. Cuffed by Rick here cause he was shooting up Walkers and attracting em. Went back to get him and all that was left of him was his hand. W
Sawed it right off. He dint know the door was locked with chains."

Layla looked at Daryl, eyes wide open and mouth slightly gapped. She knew Merle was a dick and a racist, but he didn't deserved that. Looking at Rick, she saw shame and regret in his eyes. Shaking her head, Layla looked back at Daryl and asked him who else was in his group. She met Andrea, Carol, T-Dogg, Glenn, and Dale. She smiled at them and welcomed them to the farm before saying she had to do her laundry. Before she even got up the step, Patricia was already their, with Layla's clothes hamper in her hands.

"Don't worry about this. I'll do it," Patricia said, smiling at Layla.

"Patricia, you don't have to do-" Layla began to say, but was suddenly cut off by Patricia.

"I want to," Patricia said, smiling at her," you brought back clothes for everyone and then some. You deserve a break. Go get reacquainted with your friend."

After some more convincing by the older woman, Layla finally agreed before thanking her. Looking around the field, Layla saw as everyone began building up their tents, the blonde woman, Andrea, heading into the RV that came with the group. Spotting Daryl, she made her way towards her friend/ brother. Wanting to know more on how he was doing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not the best, but here it is
∆∆∆∆