Status: Updates at least once a week!

Carry on This Way

Chapter 1

Kellin's POV

My son, well, our son, Vic and I's, Jonah was born two days ago. From what everyone said, he's a perfect mix of us both. He's asleep in my arms, as we're driving back to our house.

I'm fucking beat, don't get me wrong, but it was so worth it. Seven and half months of raging hormones, morning sickness, and cravings up the wall, but every second was worth it for right now. I brush my thumb gently on my son's cheek and he yawns a bit before shifting and falling back asleep.

I look at the band on my fourth finger and smile. I was getting married soon. Sighing, I move my gaze out the window.

"I get to take care of him while you guys are away right?" Mike asks from the back seat a little too loudly.

I shush him and nod. "Yes, you can but Tony is gonna help you." I reply quieter. I hear Tony mumble a "ha ha".

"Why does Tony have to help me? I can handle it." Mike whines.

"Mike if you don't lower your voice I swear to God, I'm gonna reach back there and punch you." I hiss.

"Sorry." He whispers. I know Mike is excited. Hell, everyone is fucking excited. But seriously, he's getting more into this than my mother, and that's saying something. "But I'm actually related to him, I don't know why Tony has to help me."

I turn to Vic who's trying to stifle a smile. "Why did we agree to bring them?" I ask rhetorically, ignoring Mike.

"I get to help because I'm the godfather." Tony sticks his tongue out at Mike and Mike simply sticks his tongue out too. Fucking children I swear to God.

Mike rolls his eyes. "There's two godfathers, stupid."

I interject quietly. "Actually there's three." I made a pun about the movies but no one seemed to get it but me. "Because you know, there's three movies, whatever, forget I said anything." Vic and I agreed that Mike and Tony could come over when we went home so we could show them how to get things ready for Jonah, but now I wish we would have said no and lied saying we were too tired. But that also isn't a lie. I'm feel too old for this shit.

Soon enough, we finally got back to the house and I warned everyone to be careful shutting the door because it might wake the baby. We made Mike and Tony actually be useful and bring the car seat in, which we didn't use and the other little things Tay gave us.

Vic and I go into Jonah's room and make our way to the crib. Vic unlocks the gate and lowers it carefully. Setting Jonah down, I adjust his blankets so he won't get wrapped up in them. I pull the little hat off his head and smile at all of his dark hair, just like Vic. Vic placed one of his ninety million stuffed animals next to him and then lifted the gate closed and locked it.

I leaned against the gate and smiled. Vic put his arm around my waist and kissed my temple. I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed. This whole thing was a lot of work, but in the end, it was worth it. Getting to hold my son, nothing could compare to that feeling.

He puts his lips against my forehead and says, "I think we made a pretty good looking kid."

I giggle softly and lift my head. "Yeah, we did."

He presses his lips to mine softly and I smile against them.

A thump resounds through the house, followed by muttered curses. "We better see what those fucktards are doing." I mumble. Vic nods, and I leave door to Jonah's room open, but take the baby monitor. When we went down the stairs, we saw Mike and Tony trying to put something together.

"I told you you were gonna mess it up!" Tony scolds.

Mike lifts a hand a flips him off. "I'm trying to be nice, for once, could you not badger me about it? And I did not mess it up, Jesus."

I raise an eyebrow and look at Vic. He's just shaking his head. "They're worse than us." I whisper.

"And they're not even in a relationship. They're not even gay."

"You guys are acting like a homosexual couple." I state.

"We would know." Vic adds.

They both just look at us, mildly irritated. We laugh and sit down on the couch. "What are you even doing, Mike?"

He was inspecting a very long set of instructions with a bunch of pieces and some tools that looked mildly dangerous. He didn't answer and simply waved his hand at him. Tony rolled his eyes and answered instead. "He's trying to put that pushchair together. And failing." Tony says fairly pointedly to Mike.

"Fuck you." Mike mutters.

I roll my eyes at the both of them and turn to Vic. "Hey, I'm hungry, do you want anything?"

"Whatever you want is fine." Vic nods.

"Okay, Tony help me." I get up off the couch and move towards the kitchen.

"But-"

I stop and hold up a hand. "Antonio, I'm not asking. Kitchen. Now." He nods meekly and follows me. We go into the kitchen and as soon as I start, I hear Vic and Mike arguing about something, God knows what. "Cut up some vegetables please, dear." I tell Tony.

We start getting things ready for salads when Vic and Mike start raising their voices. I was in the middle of cutting some peppers, so I look to Tony. "Go tell them to shut up for me, please and thank you."

Tony seems more than willing to do that. "Okay, just a second." He leaves the room and I faintly hear him say, "you guys better be more quiet or Kellin's gonna kick your asses." He comes back smiling. "They said they'll be quieter."

I laugh a bit and nod. "Thank you, sweetie."

Tony leans next to me at the counter and is quiet for a minute. "What's it like?"

"What's what like?"

"Having a baby."

Okay, wasn't expecting that. "It's...it's great. Why, do you want kids?"

He nods. "Yeah. Lots."

"That's good. But, it is hard. Believe me. And even though we've only actually had Jonah here for three days, I'm sure that sooner or later, we won't be able to comprehend life without him."

He chuckled and moved his snapback a bit. "And I mean, Erin and I are pretty serious, just...I don't know." He shrugs and shakes his head.

"It's okay." I assure. "It's okay to not be ready yet. You've just really gotta be careful. I mean, I'd say you should be totally sure about kids first, but...look at me." He laughs again and nods.

"Yeah, thanks."

"I didn't do much, but you're welcome."

A very loud swear breaks our conversation. "Fuck!" Mike.

"Oh no." I whisper, dropping the knife and running over to the baby monitor. Turning it up, I hear Jonah wake up and immediately crying. "Oh my God, I'm gonna fucking kill him!" I slam down the monitor and stomp into the living room. "Michael I'm going to kill you! Right here. After I put that baby back to sleep, I'm going to take the knife I was using and I'm going to murder you. And no one will ever convict me, because it was your fault!" With a final huff, I leave the room and begin up the stairs to try and calm Jonah down, planning Mike's death in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
We're back! You guys wanted a sequel so here it is!
I'm planning on updating between Thursdays and Fridays, and Jodie will be updating sometime after that....
Yeah! Leave love :)
comment/rec/sub please and thank
~Snakesies