Status: Updates at least once a week!

Carry on This Way

Chapter 3

Kellin

Waking up at 3 in the morning wasn't exactly something that made me happy. The thing that caused me to wake up at 3 in the morning was an empty bed. I had rolled over to cuddle into Vic and well I rolled over to an empty bed. So with a frown, I climb out of bed, gasping and flinching in pain as I feel my stitches stretch. I slowly stand up and make my way out the bedroom, seeing a dim light coming from Jonah's room. I make my way down the hallway and push open Jonah's door slowly, smiling when I see Vic cradling a whimpering Jonah to his chest.

Vic paces the room, gently bouncing Jonah to will him back to sleep, also singing to him gently. He still doesn't notice me so I lean against the door frame and take the time to admire him and the scene in front of me.

Vic was just in a pair of boxers that he wore to bed, his hair a little ruffled from sleep and a smile on his face as he kisses Jonah's head. I could already tell Vic was going to be the perfect father. I knew he was going to try hard since he didn't want the same thing to happen to Jonah as it did with him and his parents.

"You're supposed to be resting." Vic's voice breaks the silence and I flick my eyes up to meet his gaze. He had stopped his pacing but continued to lightly bounce on the spot to will Jonah back into sleep.

"I just come to see where you were. I woke up and you wasn't next to me," I say, walking into the room and wrapping one of my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest, facing Jonah and placing my other hand on top of Vic's that was placed on Jonah's back.

I smile softly as my eyes lay on Jonah; his head resting on Vic's bare chest as he drifts back off to sleep. He already had quite a lot of hair for a baby and it was thick and curly like Vic's. He had Vic's plump lips that always made him look like he was pouting. His skin looked pale compared to Vic's tanned skin. His chubby cheeks making that all much more adorable.

"He's so beautiful." I whisper, reaching my hand up and gently brushing my fingers over Jonah's cheek.

"He's got your genes, of course he's beautiful," Vic replies, kissing my forehead. I look up at him and smile.

"Go back to bed, I'll be in after I put Jonah back into bed." He says. I nod, place a kiss to Jonah's head and make my way back to the bedroom and climb into bed.

Vic comes into the room a few minutes later, smiling at me. I give him a tired smile, watching as he places the baby monitor on the bedside table and climbs into bed, pulling the covers over us then turning the lamp off. He shuffles around till his front is pressed to my back and throws his arms around me, being careful not to knock my stitches.

"I love you." He whispers, kissing the back of my neck.

"I love you too,"

---

My parents arrived when I was giving Jonah his morning bottle. I was sitting on the sofa with Jonah cradled in my arms as I watched him drink his milk slowly, his eyes drooping slightly. Vic had been making us breakfast when the front door knocked.

"I got it," he yells making me smile. He's so cute. Then I here a commotion at the front door and the sound of my parents' voices.

They soon come into the living room, trailing behind Vic who grins at me. My mom squeals and rushes over, immediately throwing a million questions at me. I look over at me dad and Vic with wide eyes as the chuckle at me.

"Darling, give Kellin some space, he's trying to give his son breakfast," my dad says. My mom nods and stumbles back a little, pulling out her phone and snapping a few pictures.

"How are you feeling son?" Dad asks.

"Okay I guess, really sore though," I say, pulling the bottle away from Jonah when he stops drinking. I place it next to me and sit Jonah up as Vic comes over and lays a towel on my shoulder as I sit forward, rubbing Jonah's back to see if he needs to burp.

"Have you been taking it easy? I know what you're like Kellin and you need to rest," my mom stays sternly and I resist the urge to roll my eyes.

"Yes Ma I know, I've been fine, plus Vic won't let me so much as lift a finger, so it's fine," I say. Vic rolls his eyes and smiles at me.

"I'd rather you recover then having to take you back down the hospital," he says.

"I know, I know," I mumble, hearing Jonah let out a little burp. I bring Jonah back into my lap, lying him down on my legs. He brings his little hands up to his face and clenches them in a fist. I grin as he yawns, his little mouth stretching open.

"I need to check on breakfast, damnit," Vic says, rushing out the room then rushing back. "Breakfast?" He asks my parents who nod, so he smiles and rushes back out the room to dish up breakfast.

"He's cooking you breakfast?" My mom says, sitting on the sofa next to me. "He's a keeper."

"Definitely," I chuckle, watching Jonah curl his hand around my finger.

"He's beautiful Kellin," she says, stroking a hand through his hair. "You look happy."

I look up at her and she smiles at me; my dad coming to join her on the sofa, looking over at Jonah.

"I am happy Ma; there's so much to be happy about. I have the perfect fiancee who's working his butt off to keep a roof over our head. He's working hard with Jonah, he's perfect Ma and Jonah is and everything just feels right," I say, leaning down and kissing Jonah's forehead.

"I'm happy for you Kellin," she smiles. "Now hand over my grandson." She chuckles. I grin and carefully pass Jonah over to her.

"He's got Victor's curly hair that's for sure," my dad grins, his hand gently going through Jonah's hair.

I nod, "and his pouting lips."

"And your eyes," Vic says from the doorway. "Breakfast is ready, you all go and eat and I'll go get him changed."

"What about you?" I ask, watching as he takes Jonah and cradles him to his chest.

"I'll eat something later, don't worry," he kisses my cheek. "Now go and enjoy breakfast."

---

"Your aunts are wondering when you'll come see then with Jonah or if they should come down here," mom says as she watched dad and Vic try and build the rocking chair they brought down for us.

"Whatever is best I guess," I shrug, chuckling when Vic picks up the instructions and scrunches his nose in confusion.

We had put Jonah to bed since it was around 6 on the evening and we were now in the living room. A movie was put on but that was ignored soon as Vic and dad started building the rocking chair. They were both useless at it which provided me and mom with entertainment.

"No, no, I think that goes there," my dad says, picking up a piece and the hammer and nail, ready to nail it in place.

"It doesn't, in the instructions it says it goes here," Vic points to a spot only to have gotten in the way of my dad putting the hammer down on the nail.

"Fuck!" He yells, bringing his hand back and rolling on his back.

"Vic!" I panic, struggling to get up.

"No," he whines "I give up, I can't build things that's why I'm a music teacher."

"Victor let's have a look," my dad says, looking guilty. Well he should! He should have followed the instructions like Vic was not just building it from his guesses.

"You should be more careful," mom hisses at dad, sitting at the end of the sofa cushion as we all look at Vic who has his face buried into the carpet. Eventually he sits up and pouts, looking at his hand that already has a bruise appearing on the back of it.

"You're banned from the building equipment," he pouts looking at my dad. My dad laughs and nods.

"Baby, let me look," I say, wanting to check it was just bruising. Vic shuffles across the floor until he was sitting in front of me. I lean down and take his hand gently pressing around the bruise to make sure it wasn't broken; working in a doctors had its benefits.

"Ow! Kell.." he whines.

"It's not broken," I say, kissing his hand and smiling.

"Your dad is a danger to me," he jokes, smiling as he lies back on the floor. "He's trying to kill me cause I have more hair then him."

"Hey!" My dad laughs, grabbing the hammer. "I still have weapons."

"Don't hate," Vic laughs. I smile at how easily Vic got along with my parents, I was glad too otherwise that would cause some issues.

"Come on, let's finish this chair so we can all go to bed."

---

"Vic," I whine as I hear Jonah cry again. It had been the third time he's woke up tonight and well, it was Vic's turn to get his ass up since I've been the other times.

"I got it," he mumbles, kissing my neck and climbing out of bed and making his way through to Jonah's bedroom, soon coming back with Jonah in his arms and coming to lie on the bed; Jonah still whimpering.

"I'm so fucking tired," Vic groans as he lies down and lays Jonah on his chest.

"Language," I say, cuddling up to his side and resting my hand on Jonah's back, stroking it slowly.

"Sorry," he mumbles, placing his hand on top of mine. "I'll see if he goes back to sleep in here, he's too fussy when I'm standing up."

"It's because he wants a proper cuddle!" I say, smiling.

"I am an awesome cuddler," he says, winking at me, making me blush.

"Whatever you say." I mumble, smiling.

"Go to sleep baby." He whispers, kissing my head again.

"I love you," I whisper, feeling him smile against my hair.

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
hey so this is Jodie! (deathbeds_)
Singing_Snakes couldn't upload a chapter right now as she's going through some stuff so just be patient with her since she does need to focus on feeling better!
Thanks for waiting this long for this chapter I will have the next one up in a few days!
And thanks for the comments on the last chapter!