‹ Prequel: Again and Again
Status: If you have any ideas for the story, speak up! Your ideas and thoughts are welcome.

For You

Ten

Humming a tune from her childhood, Xaven stands over Cora’s bed and runs a brush though her unruly hair. Each stroke of the brush smooth’s out waves and the start of curls, making Xaven smile softly. “Cora…” Xaven bites her lower lip in thought. She has never had to deal with seeing a loved one in such a broken state. Whatever torture Cora went through at the hands of Thanos is still visible, the healers were able to make the bleeding stop and cuts heal, but they could not make the scars vanish. With a shaky hand, Xaven brushes Cora’s hair from her shoulders and her fingertips trace over jagged scare that stands out on Cora’s once smooth and flawless skin. “I wish you would wake up. Everyone misses you and things aren’t the same.” Setting the brush down, Xaven sits beside Cora and takes hold of her hand. “Father refuses to sleep and Mother won’t stop worrying. The Warrior’s Three are beside themselves, they come in here every day expecting for you to be awake. And Uncle…where do I even begin?”

Xaven shakes her head with a sad sigh, “Uncle is more stubborn than a mule. I have yet to see him sleep or bathe for that matter. He is the most worst off out of everyone. I know he blames himself for what happened, but his self-loathing is no good for anyone.” Looking at Cora’s unchanging face, Xaven frowns and pulls her hand free, setting it on her lap. “You know, Uncle dressed you himself when you came back? He put you in one of his tunics, it didn’t suite you at all. I thought maybe if Uncle saw you in it for a while…well it didn’t matter what I thought. Uncle is so blinded by his emotions that he just left you in that tasteless thing, but don’t worry, I fixed it.” Xaven smiles to herself proudly. “You look much better now, Cora…all you need to do is wake up.”

Image

Somewhere in the Palace, Loki grumbles to himself as he wakes with a start. Looking around through blurry eyes, Loki frowns and rubs at his eyes with his fists. Blinking to clear is vision, Loki sighs seeing that he fell asleep at Cora’s desk. Sitting up straighter, Loki stretches and scratches the back of his head, pausing when he inhales deeply. “What…” Turning his head to the side, Loki sniffs his armpit and he nearly gags, “This won’t do,” Loki mutters and he stands up. Walking into Cora’s wash room, Loki fills the tub with hot water and strips himself bare of his dirty clothes. Looking through Cora’s scented oils and washes, Loki settles on the less feminine scented wash and proceeds to wash himself and his hair.

Once washed, Loki flicks his wrist and smirks as his hair dries and a set of fresh clothing appears on his nude body. Looking himself over in the mirror, Loki eyes dart to Cora’s empty bed behind him and the memory of his dream hits him. “Cora!” Loki rushes out of Cora’s chambers and hurries down the halls that lead to the infirmary. Loki’s heart beats rapidly in his chest and smile pulls at his lips as his mind races with one thought, Cora is up and she is waiting for him. Hurrying his pace, Loki nearly sprints when the infirmary doors come into view. Holding his breath, Loki pushes open the doors, “Cor-” Loki’s call of joy catches in his throat when he sees Xaven before him with a small bag hanging from her arm full of beauty supplies.

“Uncle?” Xaven stares at Loki with wide eyes, surprised to see him clean and wearing new clothing.

“What are you doing in here?” Loki questions narrowing his eyes at the bag.

Xaven glances down at the bag and grins, “I didn’t like what Cora was wearing so I changed it.”

“Cora…?” Loki moves past Xaven and slowly makes his way over to Cora’s bedside. Without a word, Loki searches Cora’s body for any sign that she has woken up, but he finds none. Loki’s lips press together in a thin line and he sighs deeply as his heart breaks.

“Uncle?” Xaven’s voice catches Loki’s attention and from her spot by the door she watches Loki with confused eyes.

“You had no right to touch her,” Loki states.

Xaven’s brows pull together as she frowns, “I’m sorry? I-I thought she could use something more her style…”

“She isn’t some doll!” Loki growls, turning on his heel to glare at Xaven.

“Uncle-”

“Leave us,” Loki snaps not wanting to hear anything Xaven has to say.

Xaven opens her mouth to protest, but closes it, with a nod of her head, she turns to leave, “I’m sorry…” Xaven whispers and closes the doors of the infirmly behind her.

Now alone, Loki turns back around and he stares down at Cora, his eyes starting to burn and blur with unshed tears. Lowering himself into the seat by Cora’s side, Loki slips his hand underneath Cora’s. “Hello Darling…” Loki laces their fingers together and clears his throat. “I-I dreamt about you…I always dream about you. So much that I am afraid to shut my eyes most nights.” Loki lower lip quivers and he drops his gaze to their connected hands, unable to stare at Cora’s peaceful face. “I dreamt that you woke up and you were here waiting for me. It felt so real darling…I-I thought maybe this time…” Loki sniffs and wipes at his nose with the back of his free hand.

Picking his head up, Loki squeezes Cora’s hand tightly, “I thought maybe this time…” Loki’s voice get stuck in his throat and he shakes his head feeling tears collect at the corners of his eyes. Looking up, Loki tries to will the tears away, but they won’t go. Swallowing thickly, Loki closes his eyes and lets his tears stream from his eyes. “I dream too much…I-I don’t want t-to dream a-anymore…” Loki’s voice is horse and shaky as he cries unable to hold it in. “Wake up my d-darling. I b-beg you w-wake up.”

Image

“It was agreed that Loki would be put back in his cell when Lady Cora was saved.”

“He is a danger to the Realms.”

“It is unwise to set Loki free. He will want revenge.”

Thor sits at the head on the council table and listens to his advisers talk about his younger brother. A fortnight has passed since Cora has come home and she has still yet to wake. Over that time, Thor has made sure that Loki has been closely watched and monitored. Today is the day that Thor makes the decision to either put Loki back in his cell or grant him freedom.

“I’ve heard enough,” Thor’s booming voice silences the others. Looking at the people around him, Thor sighs and rubs his face. “Loki has spent his time locked away, he has had no contact from anyone until recently. Lady Cora, Princess Xaven and the late Queen Frigga have all spent time with Loki and in doing so they have had others monitor their time. In that time I have heard no complaints nor where they any complaints in the time beforehand.” Thor glances around to see if anyone disagrees. “I have spent time outside of the palace with Loki. I have seen his mindset and how he has adjusted to the new world. Loki is of no threat to us or to the families of Asgard. I see no reason to make him a prisoner once again.”

All at once the council speak over each other, stating their concerns, but Thor ignores them and slams his hand on the table once again silencing them all. “If there are no other matters to discuss this meeting is finished.”

Image

News of Loki’s freedom spreads like a wild fire among the people of Asgard. Many are outraged, but none are brave enough to confront the King. The people fear Loki, after his attack on the Frost Giants they fear for their lives. One simple act of heroism will not change the minds of those in fear. Some say that Loki is in love with Lady Cora and others say that Loki only helped Thor to become free. The reason does not matter to a select few, in their eyes, Loki no matter what is a threat to their families and all of the Nine Realms. Loki is a threat that needs to be dealt with.

In the palace, Loki sits with Thor in the throne room at the dead of night. The two have heard rumors of an oncoming attack directed at Loki. Angered by the blatant disregard for their King’s wishes, Thor seeks to know what man are leading the attack while Loki is annoyed, yet slightly amused. Loki knows the risks these men will be taking when they try to kill him and he cannot believe that they would go through so much trouble to even try.

“I have lost all faith in your people,” Loki states and Thor glares at him. “How daft can they be to think that they will succeed in killing me?”

“This is no joking matter brother,” Thor groans and Loki rolls his eyes.

“I would say to just kill them and be done with it all-” Thor gives Loki a disapproving look and Loki waves it off. “But,” Loki smirks and Thor sighs. “I know that your heart is to kind for such a feat, so why don’t we just throw them in the cells? We can easily forgo all of the extra running around if you would just let me-”

“No magic Loki. That is why the people of Asgard are out for your blood now! They fear for their lives and sadly I do not blame them.” Loki frowns at Thor’s words. “Your actions have a long term effect on everyone. It will not be easy to just over look all you have done. You are my brother and I have seen firsthand how much you have changed. Asgard will see it too, it will just take a little time.”

“Thor, you waste time sitting around talking of what will come. We need to act now, brother!” Loki warns and Thor shakes his head.

“Let them come to us and from there we will take action.”

Loki sighs, but agrees nonetheless, “As you wish brother…I’m a dead man walking,” Loki jokes with a sour expression on his face and Thor rolls his eyes. Having nothing left to say, Loki bids Thor a goodnight and takes his leave. Clasping his hand behind his back, Loki walks through the gardens of the palace to clear his mind. The crisp midnight air fills Loki’s lungs and pulls out all the negativity with an exhale. Staring up at the moon, Loki bites his lower lip in thought. He recalls reading about prayer from his teaching as a young boy. Looking back on it, Loki remembers that people would say a prayer in hopes that it would fix their troubles. Loki believes in Valhalla, but who does he pray to? Who do Gods pray to in their time of need?

Walking over to a bench, Loki sits and folds his hands in his lap. Glancing around, Loki checks to make sure that he is alone before he takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. “…M-Mother?” Loki calls out hesitantly. “Mother if you are…what am I doing?” Loki opens his eyes and stares up at the moon. “I don’t know what to do. I am…scared. Mother, please. I need your help. How can I fix things? I am not the monster that everyone thinks I am. I feel and I bleed just like they do…so why am I so different? Why am I the villain?” Loki’s eyes dart around the sky in search for an answer any kind of answer, but he receives nothing. The hope in Loki’s eyes fade and he sighs, his heart heavy and cold. “I just want her to wake up, that’s the only happy ending I need.”

A star shoots across the sky and Loki’s eye widen as is vanishes from sight. Was that a sign? An answer? Blinking, Loki jumps up to his feet, “Cora!” he breaths out and rushes inside the palace.

Image

Blink…

Everything is blurry and out of focus.

Blink..

Why is it so dark?

Blink.

Slowly bits and pieces start to focus as brown eyes strain to see in the dark. A candle nearby cast a faint glow, but it’s not much help. Confused and slightly dazed, brown eyes look around in the dark, everything seems so familiar, but…What was that? Ears strain to hear in the darkness, but there is nothi-Oh! What is that?

“…shhhh! Someone will hear you!”

“We killed the guards. We’re okay.”

“Shhh!”

Killed the guards…what?

“Grab the girl and let’s get out of here. The others can do the rest.”

Grab the...Cora’s eyes widen in realization that the men are talking about her, but why? Nothing is making any sense, what’s going on? Where’s Thanos and, “Loki!” Cora gasps and she quickly covers her mouth. The men are now all staring at her and she stares back at them with wide eyes.

“Grab her!”

Cora rolls off the bed and her head spins, but she forces herself to stand straight. She refuses to be taken again. The men circle around Cora and he cruses whoever saved her, why would they not give her a weapon? Oh…right. Throwing her arm out, Cora lets a purple wave of magic hit the man closest to her, sending him crashing into the wall. Cora’s head spins, but she ignores it.

“She’s a witch!” Cora turns her eyes to the man that spoke and she glares at him.

“Stay away from me!”

“We don’t have time for this. We need to gr-”

The sound of swords and shouting fill the air and Cora’s eyes widen. Not again. This can’t be happening again. The men both make a lunge at Cora and she throws them both back against the doors, sending them crashing through the wood and out onto the blood soaked floor. Cora’s legs start to shake and she quickly grabs hold of the bed to catch herself. Looking over her shoulder, Cora’s eyes widen. It’s an all-out war in the palace.

“Cora!” That voice…Cora knows that voice. Turning around, Cora searches for the face that matches the voice, but before she can find it a sharp pain runs through her side. Looking down Cora sees a dagger sticking out of her ribs on the right side. “CORA!!!” Cora’s head snaps up and she smiles faintly at her green eyed lover.

“Loki…” Cora breaths before her legs give out and she falls on her backside.

“Nooooo!” Loki throws his enemies out the window with a single swipe of his arm and he run into the infirmary to Cora’s side. “No. No! Come on stay with me.” Loki begs as he scoops Cora into his arms. Reaching over, Loki grabs hold of the dagger and he looks down at Cora.

“Do it,” she mummers and Loki grinds his teeth as he pulls the dagger from Cora’s side. Cora cries out in pain and Loki shushes her over and over again while apologizing.

“I can fix it. I can fix it, okay? I can make it all better,” Loki promises before he places a shaking hand over Cora’s wound. Cora grimaces and grabs hold of Loki’s arm as he applies pressure to the wound. Reaching up, Cora places her hand on Loki’s face and she stares up at him with watery eyes. Loki stares back at her with tears running down his face, “I can make it better darling. I can-”

“I love you.” Cora smiles up at Loki and Loki’s heart breaks. “I love you, okay?”

“C-Cora. No, please? L-let me f-fix it,” Loki begs through his tears and Cora tries to nod her head, but she’s too tired. Pressing down harder on Cora’s wound, Loki focuses all of his power to the deadly wound. “I will not let you go! You will not die! You hear me? I can’t lose you!” Loki growls and a deep green energy engulfs Loki’s hand. The green energy seeps into Cora’s wound and Cora gasps from the pain as the severed tissue and muscle are fused back together.

“M…my”

The green energy fades away and Loki lowers his head, pressing his lips to Cora’s forehead as he shushes her, “You’re okay darling. Sleep now…you’re okay…”

Cora grabs hold of Loki’s hand and laces their fingers together, not caring about her blood, “You’re my hero,” Cora forces out and Loki laughs brokenly nodding his head.

“Yes…I’m your hero…” Cora smiles and closes her eyes snuggling into Loki’s embrace before she gives in to the darkness around her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait everyone. You have no idea how hard it was to write to chapter. I knew where I wanted to take it, but I just couldn't for the life of me put it into words. So I hope you like this and it makes you feel some kind of emotion 'cause no lie, I cried a little bit while writing a few parts. So yeah, this is pretty much a two part kind of things. The imagine for this is really, really, really long. So I'm breaking it into two different imagines.

Loki's outfit with Xaven and Cora
Cora's outfit with Loki

Image
Xaven opens her mouth to protest, but closes it, with a nod of her head, she turns to leave, “I’m sorry…” Xaven whispers and closes the doors of the infirmly behind her.

Image
Looking up, Loki tries to will the tears away, but they won’t go. Swallowing thickly, Loki closes his eyes and lets his tears stream from his eyes. “I dream too much…I-I don’t want t-to dream a-anymore…” Loki’s voice is horse and shaky as he cries unable to hold it in. “Wake up my d-darling. I b-beg you w-wake up.”

Image
“I have lost all faith in your people,” Loki states and Thor glares at him. “How daft can they be to think that they will succeed in killing me?”

“This is no joking matter brother,” Thor groans and Loki rolls his eyes.

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.