‹ Prequel: Again and Again
Status: If you have any ideas for the story, speak up! Your ideas and thoughts are welcome.

For You

Tweleve (1/2)

The early colors of morning paint the sky in warm pinks, yellows and oranges as the sun slowly starts to rise. Standing at the entrance of the Bifrost, Heimdall waits patiently as five horses gallop towards him on the rainbow bridge. Heimdall’s face is blank as the horses reach him and he watches with his golden eyes as The Warriors Three, Xaven, Ariana, Thor, Loki and Cora dismount their horses. Thor places his hand on Ariana’s lower back and whispers words of comfort before he presses his lips to hers before he moves to Xaven and pulls her into his arms.

“You do well to listen to your mother. I will not be gone for long, understand?” Thor questions and Xaven nods her head with a small frown on her face. “I love you, my daughter,” Thor mutters as he ducks his head down and places a kiss on Xaven’s forehead. Thor releases Xaven and walks over to Heimdall who glances at him from the corner of his eye.

“You are second guessing yourself, my King...” Thor sighs as he watches his friends, wife and daughter say their goodbyes to Cora. “The guardians of Midgard will keep them both safe. If I thought not, I would not allow you to send them away.”

Thor turns and faces Heimdall, staring at him in wonder. “I gave up long ago trying to hide the truth from you, but it will never cease to amaze me.” Thor smiles faintly. “I do not fear for Cora’s safety, I know that if I ask for help, my friends will give it. It is Loki I fear for, he has caused Midgard a lot of grief and I know that my friends have not yet forgotten his crimes against them. Do you see them forgiving him?”

“I cannot predict such things, my King. The heart is a fickle thing and there is never a clear path for anyone when dealing in the matters of the heart,” Heimdall explains and Thor bites the inside of his cheek. Will the Avengers willingly help to protect Loki as they will Cora? Turning his attention back to his family, Thor watches as Cora wraps her arms around Xaven who is crying.

“When all is safe, I will call for you. You can visit me whenever you want, there is no need for tears little dove,” Cora whispers. “I will be with you, Xaven. This is not farewell.”

“It is farewell!” Xaven cries. “You will forget about us a-and…” Tears pour from Xaven’s eyes and Cora hugs her tighter.

“Nothing in all the Nine Realms could make me forget about you or anyone here for that matter. You are my family and I swear to you that we will see each other again. Xaven…” Cora pulls away from Xaven slightly and lightly grabs her face between her hands. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone,” Cora mummers with tears sparkling in her eyes. Xaven sniffles and Cora wipes away her tears with a smile, “Just remember to breathe, understand?” Xaven nods her head and wipes at her eyes making Cora’s smile widen. “I love you little dove,” Cora says and kisses Xaven’s forehead before she lets her go and walks over to Loki’s side.

Loki grabs hold of Cora’s hand and laces their fingers together. Looking at all of her friends and family, Cora smiles sadly, “I will miss you all…” her voice starts to quiver and she quickly turns away, letting Loki lead her into the Bifrost past Thor and Hemidall.

Image

Standing above New York on his high rise, Tony Stark sips on the drink in his hand watching the sky up above as the clouds darken and swirl together over Central Park. “F.R.I.D.A.Y.”

Yes Mister Stark?

“Send a car to pick Thor up from Central Park will ya?”

As you wish Tony nods his head and downs the rest of his drink before he heads back into Stark Tower and rounds up the rest of the Avengers. If Thor is in town without any warning something has happened, though Tony doesn’t know if it is good or bad.

Image

Holding onto Loki’s hand tightly, Cora follows along beside him and Thor as they walk through Central Park of some place called New York. In the darkness, Cora’s eyes can hardly see anything, but the tall light post offer their help. Glancing beside him, Loki smirks seeing the wonder and questions running through Cora’s mind. Loki is thankful that it is night time in New York and not the morning. Loki really did not want to deal with a bunch of mortals gawking at Cora and him like they were some kind of spectacle. A cool breeze blows through the trees and Loki is quick to conger up a green cloak that he places over Cora’s shoulders making her smile up at him.

Thor leads the way through the park and soon Thor’s pace quickens when he spots a familiar face. “Happy! It is good to see you again my friend!” Thor greets the heavy set white man. Thor shakes the man’s hand and moves out of the way so Happy can see Loki and Cora. “Happy you remember my brother…Loki?”

Happy raises an eyebrow and slowly nods his head. How can he forget Loki, the God of Mischief, and the God who caused Tony to hurt so badly? Happy ignores Loki all together and gives Thor a questioning look when he sees Cora. “Who is she?”

Thor motions for Cora to come to his side and Loki lets go of Cora’s hand with a frown on his face. Cora stands by Thor’s side and Thor places his hand on Cora’s lower back. “Happy, this is a dear friend of mine, Lady Cora.”

Happy stares at Cora and Cora smiles before she curtsies, “It is a pleasure to meet you Sir Happy.”

Happy smiles with a light bush to his face, “Right this way ma’am,” Happy speaks before he turns and opens the back door of the car. Cora looks at Thor and Thor nods his head with a reassuring smile on his face. Thor steps away and Loki takes his place, helping Cora into the strange contraption; getting in after her while Thor walks around the car and gets in the passenger seat.

In the back seat, Cora looks around and she jumps when the large metal beast rumbles to life underneath her. Loki grabs hold of Cora’s hand and she looks over at him with uncertain eyes. Loki gives Cora’s hand a light squeeze and Cora slides over so that she is right next to Loki before she laces their fingers together. Happy glances in the rearview mirror at Loki and Cora before he glances at Thor and pulls out of the parking spot.

“The Man of Iron is awake?” Thor questions and Loki’s hold of Cora’s hand tightens at the mention of that name. Cora places her free hand on top of their entwined fingers and Loki gives her a forced smile.

“Tony? Yeah, he doesn’t sleep much anymore…” Happy trails off and Thor frowns at the news. Thor knows that the attack on New York affected all of the Avengers, but the last time they spoke none of them said anything about Tony’s sleeping habit. “The rest of the gang are making their way to the tower. They should be there by the time we arrive.”

“Loki?” Cora rests her head on Loki’s shoulder and watches as the world outside passes in a blur. “I do not feel well,” Cora mutters and Loki wraps an arm around Cora’s shoulders before he clears his throat.

“Could you pull over…please,” Loki adds as an afterthought and Happy glances back to see Cora looking a little green. Happy makes sure that the lane in clear before he pull off to the side and stops in front of a little shopping area. Loki opens the back door and helps Cora out, making sure to support her weight as she stands to weak legs. “We will meet you there, brother.” Loki slams the door shut before Happy or Thor can say anything and leads Cora over to a bench so she can sit.

“You will be recognized,” Cora warns and Loki shakes his head.

“I am not in my own skin,” Loki states and when Cora looks up she makes a face. Loki’s black hair has been replaced with short brown locks, blue for gray eyes and his face is much more filled out, Loki’s familiar strong and regal face is now soft and round with a beard on his chin. Loki’s eyes crinkle as he laughs at Cora’s face. “It will change once we are out of the public’s eyes,” Loki promises and Cora nods her head slowly. Loki kisses the top of Cora’s head and she cringes feeling Loki’s beard on her forehead. “Do you feel any better?”

“Yes,” Cora answers. “I do not know what came over me.”

“Do not fret darling, it was simply a case of what the mortals call motion sickness.”

“Motion sickness?” Cora repeats and Loki nods his head. “Is it deadly?”

“No,” Loki laughs with a shake of his head. “Come, we must be at Stark’s Tower when Thor reaches it.”

“Is that where I will be staying?” Loki rises to his feet and offer’s Cora his hand.

“Yes.” Cora takes hold of Loki’s hand and stands up before Loki grabs Cora’s hood and moves it up over her head. “I do not like the looks these mortals give you,” Loki explains and Cora smiles. “Shall we?” Loki juts out his elbow and Cora giggles before she slips her arm through Loki’s and the two walk arm in arm to Stark’s Tower with a little of Loki’s magic to get them their faster so that they will be there around the same time as Thor and Happy.

In front of Stark Tower, Thor stands with his arms crossed over his chest as his blue eyes search the darkness for any sign of Loki and Cora. Happy glances down at his watch and he opens his mouth, but before he can say anything, Cora crossed the street with a man he has not seen before.

“Where is Loki?” Happy questions and Cora smiles at Happy.

“Enough of this illusion brother,” Thor frowns and Happy’s eyes widen when the man before him turns into Loki. Loki smirks as he stares at Happy and Thor uncrosses his arms. “Come, I am sure my friends are waiting for us,” Thor urges and he steps to the side to let Happy lead the way into Stark Tower. Following behind everyone, Cora stays close to Loki’s side as she looks around the large area, taking in the sleek silver and black interior.

“Right this way.” Happy stands in front of an elevator and pushes the small black triangle that is pointing upwards. Peeking from over Loki’s shoulder, Cora watches as the silver doors pull apart after a bell dings. Happy motions for everyone to get inside the elevator and Loki wraps his arm around Cora’s waist, holding her close once they are all inside. Looking around the roomy square, Cora sees a set of buttons on the right side of the front wall beside the doors with different numbers on them.

“They have elevator's here?” Cora questions and Happy glances over his shoulder at her as he presses the button with number 82 on it.

“Sure do," Happy chuckles.

“Interesting.” Cora looks at Loki in awe and quickly grips Loki’s arm when the doors close and the elevator starts to move, making Cora’s stomach drop.

“It’s a pulley system of sorts. It's not as smooth as ours,” Loki states softly as he kisses the top of Cora’s head with a kind smile. Just then the elevator comes to a sudden stop and a blue beam of light shines down scanning the faces of each person.

Scan complete a robotic voice states and soon after a siren blares making Happy cruse.

“What is happening?” Thor asks, his whole body tense as he clenches Mjölnir tightly in his hand.

Image

Five set of eyes stare at the holographic elevator in front of them with many emotions on their faces.

“What is he doing here?” Natasha growls, her eyes narrowing into thin slits as she glares at the black haired God.

“Tony what’s going on?” Bruce asks staring at his friend who has a deep frown set into his face.

Tony stares at the hooded figure standing beside Loki wondering just who the person is. Jarvis’ scan didn’t pick up the person’s features and even if it did, Tony is sure that this mystery person wouldn’t be in the system like Loki and Thor. “I don’t know…” Tony glances up at his friends before he waves the hologram away and crosses his arms over his chest, “Be ready for anything.” Quickly clearing his throat Tony uncrosses his arms and walks over to his bar, “F.R.I.D.A.Y, let them up,” Tony orders.

Steve and Bruce share a look before they both glance over to Clint who hasn’t said a word, yet alone looked away from where the elevator was as he runs his thumb along his bottom lip.

“Nothing good can come of this,” Bruce states and Steve sighs.

“I guess we’ll find out soon enough doctor.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Is this my first two part chapter of this story? I'm not even sure, but trust me the rest of this bad boy will throw you through a loop...at least I think it will ;) Happy Valentine's Day!!

Steve and Bruce share a look before they both glance over to Clint who hasn’t said a word, yet alone looked away from where the elevator was as he runs his thumb along his bottom lip.
Image

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.