‹ Prequel: Again and Again
Status: If you have any ideas for the story, speak up! Your ideas and thoughts are welcome.

For You

Seven

“You want us dead!” Volstagg shouts after hearing Loki’s plan.

“Loki, I understand that you want to save Cora, but what you are asking is suicide. Surely you know that?” Fandral states and Loki turns his gaze to Thor who is sitting on his throne.

“What say you King,” Loki mocks and Thor sighs deeply.

“Ymir has hated our kind for many ages now. He was an enemy even in the time of Bor and the times before him. Ymir is powerful, but he does not have the strength that we have. Cora is just a simple maiden to Ymir, a pawn in a game I have yet to figure out. To us, Cora is family, a friend and for one a companion. We will go to Niflheim and we will bring Cora back to Asgard where she belong, her home.” Volstagg grumbles under his breath and Fandral sighs while Hogun nods his head. “You know of a portal to this realm yes?” Thor questions and Loki smirks.

“I know portals to all realms.”

“Very well. Gather whatever it is you wish to take with you and meet back here within an hour,” Thor orders and the Warrior’s Three leave the throne room. Knowing that they are now alone, Thor steps down off of his throne. “Brother,” Thor catches Loki’s attention as he walks over to him.

Loki observes Thor’s open stance and he raises an eyebrow, “We’re leaving them behind.” Loki chuckles while Thor winces, but he says nothing else on the matter. “Come. The portal is this way.”

“This had to be done Loki. As King, Ymir is my enemy, this is my battle and my battle only to fight. I-”

“You do not need to explain yourself to me Thor.”

“Let me finish,” Thor growls and Loki rolls his eyes, but let’s Thor continue as they head towards the portal. “Ymir’s strength is great, as is mine…” Loki glances over at Thor and he can see the pain in Thor’s eyes. “If…if I do not make it-”

“Come now-” Loki starts, but Thor cuts him off.

“Save Cora, bring her back to Asgard and rule the kingdom together. I do not wish to Xaven to have to deal with such matters in her life. She should live freely without the title of Queen to weigh her down.”

Loki nods his head and claps Thor on his shoulder, “You have my word…brother.”

Image

Thor grunts as he his thrown into the wall, a large dent now in place where his body made impact.

“Thor!”

“GO!” Thor roars to his friends and brother. “Go now!” Thor shakes the rubble off of him and he grins at Ymir as he wipes some blood from the corner of his mouth. “This is my fight.”

“Indeed it is Asgardian,” Ymir taunts and before he can say anymore, Thor tackles him to the ground.

“Come on!” Loki shouts and he takes off running with The Warrior’s Three right behind him.

“We can’t just leave him,” Fandral yells.

“Thor’s right. It’s his fight,” Hogun states and he is quick to dodge an ice arrow that comes his way. A group of Frost Trolls run towards them all and Volstagg pushes Loki behind them.

“When their distracted, sneak around and find Cora,” Volstagg orders and Loki nods his head, daggers ready in his hand. Loki will not admit it, but he is thankful that The Warrior’s Three saw past Thor’s speech and went to Heimdall in search of where he and Thor were heading. “Fandral, you go with him.” Hogun glances over at Fandral and nods his head giving him the cue to get ready. The group of Frost Trolls starts throwing ice arrows and Volstagg shouts as he blocks the arrows with his sword. “Go!” he growls and Loki is quick to press himself against the wall and run past the Trolls with Fandral right behind him. Fandral looks back over his shoulder at his friends and Loki rolls his eyes.

“Come on!” Loki hisses and he takes off running down the hall. Groaning Fandral chases after Loki, keeping his eyes open for any sign of Cora being nearby. Frantically Loki’s eyes dart everywhere in search of Cora and he runs a hand through his hair in frustration as he mutters to himself, “Where are you darling? Where are you?” A scream soon followed by a shout catches Loki’s attention and he glances over at Fandral. “Cora!” they both breathe out and run down the hall following the direction of the scream.

Image

“Stop struggling!”

“Grab her!”

“Watch her hands!”

Cora screams in rage and throws another punch, hitting one of the Dark Elves in their face, their masks on the floor long forgotten from their fight with Cora. Panting, Cora glares at the three Elves and she lets her rage flow out in purple flames. “Stay away from me!” Cora yells as the flames engulf her whole body.

“Cora!” Cora’s arm twitches, but she doesn’t take her eyes off of the Elves in front of her. “Cora!”

Movement from behind the Elves catches Cora’s attention and her breath gets stuck in her throat when she sees, “Loki!” Cora shouts and the purple flames vanish quickly. The Elves make a move to attack Cora, but with a flick of her wrist she sends them all crashing in the wall. Gathering the skirt of her dress in her hands, Cora runs towards Loki with tears running down her face. Seeing that Cora is really in front of him, Loki runs faster down the hall, but the sight of Cora is blocked by a large black and red back.

Cora’s blood turns cold at the sight of Kurse standing in front of her, blocking her path to Loki. “S-stay away,” Cora warns and Kurse tilts his head to the side. “Loki!” Cora calls, her voice shaking. Kurse walks forward making Cora walk backwards and he glances over his shoulders seeing that Loki is pushing himself to run as fast as he can.

“You’re too late,” Kurse states and before Loki can save Cora, Kurse snatches Cora in his arms and throws her over his shoulder.

“Loki!” Cora cries with her arms out stretched towards him. Kurse scarfs and jumps out the window, Cora’s scream echoing in the air.

“Nooooo!” Loki roars as he reaches the window. Ready to jump after Kurse and Cora, Fandral is quick to grab Loki and hold him back just in time. A large ship rises from the fog and flies off into the distance. “Cora?!” Loki’s voice cracks as he falls to his knees in front of the window with Fandral beside him.

Image

Bruised and bloody, Thor sits upon the throne of Nifleheim with Ymir’s severed head at his feet. Hogun and Volstagg sit on the steps, both worn out from battle, but still very much aware of their missing friends. The side doors to the throne room open and Thor’s eyes darken in sorrow when he sees Fandral shaking his head. Behind Fandral, Loki walks with a purpose, his eyes are steely and he is dragging a Dark Elf behind him.

Without a word, Loki throws the Elf down on the floor in front of the throne and Thor stares down at the creature. Sitting up straighter in the throne, Thor rests his foot on top of Ymir’s head and the Elf gulps as Loki stands off to his right while Fandral sits with his friends.

“You know the whereabouts of the Asgardian maiden,” Thor states with no emotion. The Elf nods his head. “Your people were thought dead, yet here you are alive…why?”

“M-Malekith seeks the Aether.”

“That tells me nothing.”

“He wishes to gain control of the realms and put everything back to the time before Bor. The Aether can do that. With its power, Malekith will be unstoppable. My people were whipped out, but our army was saved. We fled in our ships and have been in a deep sleep ever since.”

“Why are you awake now?”

“Where is the maiden?” Fandral and Volstagg ask over each other.

The Elf looks to Thor unsure of which question to answer. “Where is the maiden?” Thor repeats.

“Svartalfheim, my home,” the Elf answers and Thor glance at Loki who stares back at him with blank eyes.

“They realms have been at a state of peace, why do you choose now to wake?” Thor pries and the Elf open his mouth to answer, but a blood curdling scream pours out. Everyone covers their ears and Loki back away from the Elf, his eyes wide in horror as black smoke seeps down from the ceiling and drops right into the Elf’s open mouth. The smoke slithers out of the mouth and disappears into the air as the Elf’s body drops to the floor with vacant eyes.

Thor stands up slowly and grabs Ymir’s head, “Back to Asgard, now.” With no delay, the group all leave the palace of Niflheim and go back to Asgard, in search of Heimdall and the counsel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cora's outfit

“I know portals to all realms.”
Image

“Save Cora, bring her back to Asgard and rule the kingdom together. I do not wish to Xaven to have to deal with such matters in her life. She should live freely without the title of Queen to weigh her down.”
Image

Frantically Loki’s eyes dart everywhere in search of Cora and he runs a hand through his hair in frustration as he mutters to himself, “Where are you darling? Where are you?”
Image

Cora screams in rage and throws another punch, hitting one of the Dark Elves in their face, their masks on the floor long forgotten from their fight with Cora.
Image

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.