アニーの遺産

Burning Wood

Sebastian cracked down the ruler on my knuckles, and I helps in pain.

"Shit!"

I promptly had a hand pop over my mouth.

This demon was... well... a complete ASSHOLE.

"Miss Annie, you cannot have the master use clouded silver wear. Now, try again." He said, handing me the eating utensils. I silently cursed the butler in my head. Rubbing harder with the polish, I examined his before handing it to him. Waiting for him to reopen to stick out my hands. "Very good. You did well this time," he said, and I simper buckled over in shock. Out of the ten other times, I did good THIS TIME?! I sucked in a deep breath.

"What else do I need to do?" I asked, rubbing my sore knuckles. "Anything that I do. Follow me." He said, and we walked out of the kitchen. There was a bit of an awkward silence as we walked, but Sebastian finally started to break the ice. Not in a very good way. But he broke it...

"You have killed a Grim Reaper, Miss Annie?"

I hissed slightly at the question. It isn't exactly something I would like to revisit in my memory bank. "Ah... yeah. I did." I said, and Sebastian didn't seem to be very satisfied with that answer. "Why?" He pressed. I looked at him, trying to make his mouth suddenly fuse together from the lips. It doesn't work. "I had to." I said simply.

This obviously did not satisfy Sebastian, and before he could open his mouth, I decided to just ram through it. "It was during a dispute with the kings. The kings of Rosebund... they fight with each other a lot. This time, the dispute was over weather it not they should get rid of me or not. One asked to have my power demonstrated, they took off the blindfold, I was Feral, Reaper was in my way, end of story." I said, and we walked into a room. Surprisingly, it was the library.

"We will be polishing the wood, dusting off the shelves..." Sebastian droned, and in was handed a rag, and polish. The last conversation was over.

Thank god.

...

"Strange, you seem to be human more than humans do themselves..." Sebastian said, watching me with apparent great interest, while I was bent over, my hands on my knees, sweating. Fracking slave driver. I stood up straight, the corset hurt, and constricted my breathing. Those things still infuriate me to no end. Though they looked cute, they hurt like hell. Haha.

I glared at him, but sucked in a deep breath. "Whatever. I need a break." I said, and Sebastian gave me an amused look. "You can take a break, once we've gone to the kitchen. I will be preparing a snack for the Young Master..." he said. I closed my eyes, feeling a bit heavy, but nodded. "Okay."

I plopped myself at the kitchen table, and rested my head on the surface. Though I admit inward good that we worked together so much. Then I could ask questions of my own...

"Sebastian..."

"Yes?"

"Can you smell me?" I asked, and I saw Sebastian freeze for a second. Processing what I just said, until he let out a cough, then cleared his throat. He so obviously did not need to do that. "I can, Miss Annie." He said. I smirked, having stumped the demon. "Do I smell good, or bad?"

"You smell... pleasant." He said. And I let out asmall chuckle. I probably just smell like food to him. "You seemed to have surprisingly slipped under my radar for nonhuman's. However, there is a faint smell I can sense..."

"What's that?"

"Burning wood."

I deadpanned. Of course its burning wood. Wouldn't ha e expected anything else really... I rolled my eyes underneath the blindfold and sighed. I stood up and looked at Sebastian, he had his back facing me, and seemed busy preparing Ciel's sweet snack. I walked up behind him, and looked. Dayum this guy could bake. I blinked at the pie crust he was laying over the filling. I saw a bowl a little ways off with some filling still inside it. When did he make that? I reached over, stuck my finger in the bowl, took it out, and saw the apple pie filling cover my index finger. I stuck it in my mouth before Sebastian could smack my hand.

It tasted divine...

Jeez that's ironic.

"I must ask that you not touch the pie filling with your bare hands without washing, Miss Annie..." he sighed. I smirked slightly, Winter said the same thing when he would make cookies and scolded me for eating the cookie dough. "Mm...'Kay, butler." I said, smiling. Sebastian looked down at me, his eyes held a certain glow to them that reminded me that he was a rather dangerous creature. However, that did not scare me. He looked away for a second, then sighed. Suddenly, a spoon appeared in his hand, and he scooped up some of the filling. "Just so this doesn't happen again when I'm not looking..." he said, and looked pointedly towards me. "Say, 'Ahh' Miss Annie..." he said. I promptly obeyed, and opened my mouth wide.

His hand was under my chin, and I stood a bit straighter when he lowered the spoon to my mouth, and before anything could interrupt, I clamped my mouth over the spoon quickly. Pulling back with my lips to capture all of this yummy goodness. Sebastian nodded finally, then out said spoon I sink, and I indulged in the wonderful taste of apple pie filling.

"So... now that we got the subject of smell out of the way... I'm assuming you don't eat human food?" I asked suddenly, and Sebastian rolled his eyes. "No." He said, and I nodded. "What do you eat then?" I asked. Sebastian looked at me for a second, and I froze when I saw his eyes suddenly turn pink and reptilian.

Souls.

My ears perked at the deep, rumbling voice in my head, that sounded as if it belonged to Sebastian. But his mouth didn't move... his eyes returned to their normal rusty red color, and he looked down. Lifting the pie, and then putting it in the oven. I blinked then looked away, feeling as if he could see my eyes staring at him wide eyed. Sebastian sighed, and started to clean off his glitches by rubbing them on his apron. He looked at me for a second, then looked away, seeming to be contemplating something. "The pie shall take a while to cook fully. We have a break right about now..." he said. I nodded, and sat back at the kitchen table. "What is it that you do during breaks anyway? You don't seem like the person who just let's it loose every once and a while..." I said, looking at him. I was rather curious. I mean, who wouldn't be? Look at this man! Anything below caring for his master, or looking all high and mighty, just seems wayyy out of his league.

He gave me a bemused look, as he fixed his tie. "Oh? And why does that cross your mind?" He asks. He actually sounds amused than he does insulted. I took this as him teasing me, and I shrugged. "You are just always so well kept, and crisp." I answer, and Sebastian smirks, having been entertained.

"If I couldn't look my best for my master, then what sort of butler would I be?"

I deadpanned. For real? THAT LINE?! Snotty butler.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhhhh! Ever fall in love with a voice actor? No? Too bad. I loooovvvveee J Michael Tatum. He's just... mmmh. He's apparently like 6ft. He's so big XP too bad tho, he is apparently gay and in a relationship... and I am a 15 year old girl.: P
.