アニーの遺産

Until She Falls

In a few split seconds, it seemed like a lot happened so quickly... I had to replay the scene in my head as it went.

-Elizabeth too Ciel's ring
-Ciel got mad
-Elizabeth broke said ring
-Ciel aimed and fired

Lurching forward once I saw his hand go up, I moved from Sebastian's side, and was next to Lady Elizabeth in a few seconds. Grabbing her, I moved her out of the way, and held her against my chest. My back facing Ciel, but the blow I was expecting never came. I blinked, and looked at Elizabeth, "Are you okay?" I asked. She looked just as stunned.

I turned and looked at Ciel, his own hand being held up by a gloved hand. A shadow seemed to overtake him for a moment, but I quickly realized it was Sebastian. "You forgot the cane we went to the trouble of getting for you, Young Master." He said softly. Watching as he lowered the cane into Ciel's hands, he seemed to have a now calmer disposition. Granted, he was panting, and sweating now... but he didn't have the crazed look of murderous intent in his eyes. He calmed down, taking deep breaths to calm himself down, and I felt Elizabeth lean on me. Her weight was now supported by my arm. I saw Sebastian eyes us for a second, then quickly moved forward, bending down in front of us, picking up the shattered pieces of the once whole ring.

I looked away when he glanced up at me, his eyes holding the obvious question as to why I was able to stand up perfectly now. "I apologize for my Young Masters behavior, Lady Elizabeth... that ring, was the only thing Young Master had left of his parents..." he said, Elizabeth jolted, then trembled in my arms. "Something so valuable... and I... I-I broke it?" She hiccuped, her girly voice hitching up a few octaves.

Ciel, now apparently completely composed, reached down to pick up the damaged pieces, then walked to a window. We all watched with such avidity that it seems I could almost see ten times clearer than normal. Every wrinkle, and thread in Ciel's clothes I could make out, as he opened the window... I refrained from smirking, as a familiar scene replayed in my head.

As he tossed the broken ring out the window, flashbacks of the past...

Long light brown hair, yellow flaming eyes, a short girlish figure... her arm raised over her head, hand outstretched.

"Weather you have this or not, you will always remain a Phoelmogen."

"Weather I have this ring or not, I, Ciel Phantomhive, will always be, the head of the Phantomhive household!"

The authority in both voices, almost made me smile. My mothers image... Ciel's unabashed authority...

"Until the day you fall... my Lord." I added, and for a moment, I saw a flicker in his eyes, akin to amusement flash in its blue depths. His mouth turned into a smirk, and he tilted his head, "Rather true, Annie..." he said.

I let go of Elizabeth, as he walked over. Guess my time is done here. I watched as Ciel wiped away her tears, and her nose. It really was cute.

But they are both little shits.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh I haven't updated in a while huh?

Nahhh I've been writing a lot tho. Annie's Legacy is going to.be quite the long story. I'm up to chapter 37. Can you believe that?! I really like this story. Its almost addicting. (O.o) hopefully you guys like it too, because its gonna go on for a while~

Leave a comment and tell me what you think! Literally it can be about anything. I love hearing from you guys! Give me some love, cuz I'm getting lonely. °^°