アニーの遺産

The Past Is A Terrible Thing

I popped a cream puff in my mouth, savoring the taste before I would be met with the unpleasant consequence that was sure to happen in-

Three...

Two...

Wait for it...

One-

"Miss Annie..." I turned around to face a bowed Sebastian before me. He looked at me, a pleasant expression placed over his normally stoic face. "This dance, if you will?" He asked, his hand now reaching for me. I can't really say no, if he is so avid on taking my hand now can I? I placed my hand in his, and I was led over to the dance floor. A repeat of earlier dance lesson was continued.

"You really aren't that bad of a dancer..." he said, his voice was light, and breathy.

"Is that your way of saying I'm almost good?" I asked, smirking. He looked down at me, and I noticed how much redder his eyes looked against his pale face in such bright light. He no longer had a light expression on his face though. "Miss Annie... are you feeling better?" He asked, and I blinked under my blindfold, then sighed. "Yep. My cramp went away." I said, and his eyes narrowed.

But then, he suddenly dropped it. "Very good then." He muttered, and we were soon around the room in a skilful turn. For a moment, I thought I saw Ira in front of me when we stopped turning. It was just a flash. Instead of red, I was lavender... instead of raven locks, I saw snow. Snow white hair down to his shoulders. The resemblance was terrifying. I stood, shocked for a moment. Completely still. I don't know why, but I just did. Staring, unblinkedly at the raven haired man before me.

Past is a terrible thing to have chasing you everywhere...

"Miss Annie?" He said cautiously, and I blinked, then let out a shaky breath. "Ahh... ahah... sorry, for a moment I kind of... zoned out. Sorry." I said, looking away from his gaze. I was so close...

No I wasn't.

I was never close.

I will always, be chased.

One of us will have to die, in order to be free.

"Miss Annie!" Sebastian's startled voice reached my ears before my head connected with his chest. Oxygen seemed to leave my body, and I felt cold all over.

"I was almost free..."

...

I opened my eyes. The first thing I see is my ceiling. My mouth twitched, as I leaned on my side, but then I was forced onto my back.

"Please stay still, Miss Annie."

I slid my gaze over at the black clad man before me. His eyes watched my throat for a second, before they met my face. "That was quite the dizzy spell you had there, Miss Annie. I should remember not to move so quickly during a turn in the waltz..." he said. As he was talking, a wet towel was placed on my head.

"It wasn't the turn." I murmured, and closed my eyes. I smirked when in heard his answer.

"I know."

I sighed, and sat up. The wet towel falling off my forehead and onto my lap. "You should probably go back to the ball, and attend to Ciel..." I said, rubbing my temple gently. Sebastian grabbed the towel, and placed a hand at my lower back, rubbing it in actually soothing circles. I blinked, and looked at him. "You had a rather hard fall... and the ball is over Miss Annie. It ended just an hour ago..." he said calmly. I gawked, but then quickly regained my composure." An hour ago? How long was I out?" I asked, and Sebastian stopped rubbing my back, and got up from my side. "I about two hours." He said. I blinked, but then shook my head.

I was out for two whole freaking hours.

Soon, the letter that Erin had left was on my mind. I had placed it right back where I found it, under my pillow. I felt around for it when Sebastian wasn't looking. It was there. Letting out a sigh of relief, I brought my knees to my chest, and hugged them with both arms. "Miss Annie, did you bring chocolate in here? I keep smelling it whenever I come near your bed." Sebastian asked suddenly, and I almost smirked.

"No. But I did eat some. I just never brought it in here..." I said, and I wasn't lying. I really did eat some chocolate. But I knew that wasn't the answer. Erin had his chocolate ass eating scent all over my room. I imagine he is watching now and snickering at my answer. He knows I can smell him. Sebastian walked over, in his hands was my nightdress. "Please stand up, so I may get you ready for bed." He said, and I shook my head, "I can dress myself." I said, and Sebastian gave me a bemused look.

"I'm sure you can, but I cannot allow that until you return to your normal color. You look extremely pale, Miss Annie. I fear you may have another fainting spell if I allow you to move too much..." he said, and I twitched at his statement. "Fine." I said, and let him dress me.

The whole ordeal was quiet, not a word was spoken. That was okay with me. I didn't really feel like talking. Should I tell Sebastian that I was found? That I would be playing the game of hide and seek once more with Ira? It was such a pain in the ass. It really was.

Ira... needs to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end of the Ball Arc.

Things are gonna be going with the manga next, as the Kidnapping Arc is next. Expect a Sebastian POV soon too ^^ he is such a difficult character to write for guys! Seriously, he is a pain to keep in character. I'm not even sure if I did a good job at doing that either. Oh well~

I might make another update today too. Double Update day? Im thinking of making Annie sixteen soon. Like, right after Jack the Ripper Arc ends. BTW, should I have the curry arc? I dunno, I'm thinking maybe I should just make up my own filler arc there. Soma and Angi aren't my two most favorite characters... :T

Oh well! Leave a comment and tell me what you think~