アニーの遺産

Thirty-Two

Long light brown hair, knotted and dirty, hung down to the floor. Dragging behind a skinny and empty looking yellow eyed girl, about five feet in height. She looked like she could cause no harm whatsoever, her small figure and tiny voice. She almost sounded like a mouse in a way. She was a beautiful child...

Her skin, aside from the dirt, was clear and golden hued. Her eyes were a dandelion yellow. Light and almost translucent. Sunlight often got caught in its depths, and swirled around a red pupil. Blond lashes curled around them, framing them in thick, messy locks.

Her lips were small, and pouty, and her nose was small as well. She looked like a doll almost...

She stood to the side of the entry way, her wrists, ankles, and neck were stained with blood, and had thorns wrapped around them tightly. She stared as a guard came forward, and opened the cage. The guard wore a bandage over his eyes, covering them from her. For if he glanced at them, he would suffer immense pain.

"Its time for execution, Phoelmogen."

She frowned at the title. It was almost demeaning in a way... she could kill them. She could kill all of them... but she wouldn't. Her mother wouldn't like that... she took a step forward, only to be stopped by the thorns around her ankles. "I can't walk." She said simply, and the guard jumped. "Uhhh," he started, and moved forward. She could see him trembling, as he tumbled and cut himself on the thorns. She hissed when she felt air touch her forever opened wounds. The guard jumped and froze. She shook her head. She always found the guards to be cowards. Others to be beasts. Beating her when they got the chance to.

She felt the tug at her wrists, and the guard quickly moved to remove that as well.

...

She stepped into a dimly lit room, where the smell of blood and decay was everywhere. She had become rather familiar with this room, as her main task took part in here. She watched the tall figures in the room. Some were trembling, others faced their fate with a calm stoic expression, while one, only smiled and watched her with equal interest. She blinked once, and looked to the first one in line.

This one had a young face, blond hair, freckles... was a bit shorter than the others in this room. She immediately knew this one was not a Reaper, like the rest. She blinked, and immediately flames bursted forth. The man convulsed, and fell backward, his body trembling and stuck. While his face contorted in the most terrifying displays of sheer pain. Her eyes stopped blazing, and she looked at the body beneath her. "I will kill you later..." she said. Knowing Feral would want to get the least hard last. It was disturbing how she knew what her Feral side liked...

Pretty soon, she let go of all sense, and Feral was in control now.

All the gruesome details will be omitted. As that isn't exactly what matters now. The one saved for last had died along the process, in the midst of Feral's rage. Now, Feral had died down, her more sensible side taking charge.

"You don't care much for killing things do you?"

A calm voice said, and the dirty and now bloodied girl turned around. Facing the body who owned said voice. "No." She said blankly, and the voice giggled. "I thought so. A young girl like you has no place in this." He said. She watched as the man stood at full height. He had shoulder length silver hair, some of it covered his eyes, but she could still see the yellow-green tint in them.

She looked away from him, and sighed. "I need to... now..." she said, and closed her eyes, summoning Feral again, but when she looked at him again, the man seemed less than interested. "I know. I'm ready to face my death... I've heard a lot about you, you know... the daughter of an Ancient. Crafted to be the perfect Queen. This is not what you were meant to be... trapped. Underneath soiled kings... that's what I'm in here for, you know. Treason. Its rather rare for Reaper to be in such a predicament... but I don't mind. I find Rosebund has exhausted my interest." He said, and the girl only sighed.

Without warning, she lunged forward and with an unclipped claw, she scratched his face. Her hand wound around his neck, her eyes blazing with fury. He choked for a few moments, before giving her a final stare. His lips quivered without an expression being formed. Blood seeped from his fresh wound. She sat on his chest, and quickly snapped his neck. He lost all motion in his body immediately after that. She got up, and walked away.

Only to be trapped again.

.。.:*・゚+.。.:*・

I looked away from the paper then, to gouge out Sebastian's reaction. To find his face completely stoic. I smirked slightly, and let out a puff of air out through my nose. "You didn't think we knew each other under favorable conditions, Sebastian?" I said amusedly. He only blinked, then smirked back. "Though I didn't expect that, it is rather baffling how a small thing like you can take down such an impressive amount of Reapers... and Undertaker to be the only one to survive." He said, and I shrugged.

"I remember doing it, so I must have not been in Feral at the moment I snapped his neck." I reasoned, and he nodded. "True. Is seems you don't have particularly much control when Feral is out completely." He said, and I nodded. "Yep." I said simply.

I wrote down the final name, and pushed back the papers, and took a piece of cake with the fork. Putting it in my mouth, I savored the taste, and looked at Sebastian, who seemed a bit beside himself after my story. "That was literally twenty-two years ago Sebastian, I'm older and less likely to loose control like that again."

"Twenty-two?"

"When coming to earth, my body reversed its age process and my mental state paused at the age I grew up to be while on Rosebund." I stated. Sebastian's face only stared at me, with red eyes. "You're thirty-two years old?" He asked, and I smirked. "Yes. Technically. In a way... that's how long I've been alive." I said, now resting my cheek on the palm of my hand.

He let out a sigh, and got up, gathering the papers, "You look incredibly well for your age, Miss Annie." He said, a teasing lilt in his voice. I frowned at the statement. "Hey, I'm not old. I'm still sixteen in my head. In earth years, I'm still fifteen... though my new birthday is coming up soon actually." I said simply, and Sebastian gave me a surprised look. I got up, and followed him, leaving my cake. "Is it?" He said, and I nodded. "Yeah..." I answered him quietly. Suddenly smelling chocolate in the room.

I paused, and looked behind me, no one there. Though I already knew who it was... I ignored it, and hoped that Sebastian would do the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep. Annie is middle aged. Shitty little thing I know, but I sort of needed to because of all the real shit that goes down later when she's on Rosebund.

Guys, this is going to be over sixty-two chapters... SIXTY FREAKING TWO. And we're not even halfway done the Jack the ripper arc. Wowww. This is... wow. I didn't even know I could write that much. Though most of these chapters are short and I am writing this in my phone. I don't really know the number of words I wrote until I upload. So, if could, I would have linger chapters. Sheesh even the last chapter was no more than at least a thousand words. But I am working on that! I feel like the only long chapters there will be will be when Annie and Sebby get all lovey dovey. And I am somewhat almost getting to the "kiss" scene. Not in this arc. Oh no. I mean in like thirty more chapters, babe. Be patient. I'm just not very good with build up, haha.

But yeah, that will happen. Just not yet. I feel like you will enjoy the ending of the arc though. I felt I ended it somewhat sweetly. I think. I have to go and reread it. I dunno. I bet you're wondering how Annie knows Undertakers name when it wasn't mentioned in the chapter... probably not, but for the sake of my impatience with my own writing, I left that part out, but usually when Annie goes to execute someone, they tell her the list of names of who is to be executed. Its by order so she knows which is which. I might make a chapter on that... who knows!

Be lookin' forwards to the next chapterrr matey!

I don't know what I am doing anymore...