アニーの遺産

Small Gifts

My bed was a welcome sight. After relaying everything to Ciel, we were dismissed. Closing my door, I sighed and looked around my room.

"Ahhh, its good to be home..." I mumbled. And walked over to my bed. I tossed the heels to the side, and fell face fist into the mattress. It was always washed and cleaned by Meylene or Sebastian... I sniffed it quietly. It smelled like vanilla. Burying my face in it, I hummed. "This smells good..." I mumbled against the fabric.

I was so tired... and my feet hurt...

Soon, my mind strayed to thoughts of Sebastian. He held me so tightly... and he was so warm. And smelled so good... I closed my eyes, and undid my blindfold. The fabric no longer dying the world in pink. I watched as the ribbon fell from my fingertip onto the floor beside me.

I wonder what he was thinking when I told him I had been able to hypnotize the Viscount. The Scotland Yard is probably there right now. I relished in the thought of Sebastian being shocked at that. I opened my eyes, the feeling of air touching my now uncovered skin was slightly exposing. A little more so than the outfit I was wearing right now... I turned, and flipped over to my back. Staring at my ceiling, I started thinking up ways that I could control my power without having to be in a compromising position first.

I also needed answers...

I moaned. I would have to force myself to make a portal to see Imogen... or I could try my luck with Undertaker. Neither of those options were exactly desirable.

Making a portal... it was taxing to say the least. I would always feel a bit of myself missing. Like I had left something there. And it drained me. I would probably faint before I even finish the portal. How Imogen just made them with ease baffled me.

Then there's Undertaker... THAT is a bad idea in itself.

I shut my eyes when I heard the door creak open. "Miss Annie? Are you awake?" The familiar British accent of a certain butler said. I kept my eyes shut, and then started searching for my regular blindfold around me. I found it, next to my bed on the nightstand in a few seconds. "Y-yeah. You just caught me without my blindfold..." I said. I opened my eyes, adjusting to the new view. Sebastian was now in my room completely, his calm face and tall form all too familiar.

"Hmm, seems so. You're hair is a bit out of place underneath the strap there, Miss Annie." He said, smirking. I only rolled my eyes, and lied back down. "Did you need something, Sebastian?" I asked, and lazily looked at him. I hoped I made it obvious I will be doing NOTHING.

He only shook his head, and walked forward. "No, in fact, I have a few things for you." He said. I cocked an eyebrow, and watched as he reached into his coat pocket. I felt my mouth drop and my eyes widen when he pulled out what it was he had...

"MY PHONE?!"

I nearly pounced on the butler, for that is in fact what he pulled out. That and there were two chains wrapped around his fingers as well. "You recognize this object then?" He said as I snatched it from his hand. I clicked the power button, and the screen turned on immediately.

Seeing something like this, was so out of place in a setting such as this... I almost laughed at Sebastian's face when he same me swipe my thumb across the screen, unlocking it. "Y-yeah... its my phone. These won't come around for another two centuries or so... where did you even get this? This shouldn't exist... let alone be mine..." I said, evening the object carefully, when he suddenly grabbed my free hand, and put two necklaces in them. "These came along with it as well." He said, and I blinked.

Where the hell did he hav-

"Sebastian... did a boy with white hair and a tail coat give you this?" I asked suddenly, very suspicious. I looked through my pictures, to see said person in the first few pictures I saw. Erin's idiotic face in three of them, before I saw a few others that seemed like they were taken in secret.

I gasped at them. They were of my friends... of Laina, and Tina, and Ivan... even Winter... they were all looking away from the camera, a solemn look on their faces.

"How do you know him?" He asked suddenly. Snapping me from my gaze.

I looked up slowly, carefully examining his face. I could never tell what he is thinking, or remotely even feeling... I still can't. But if I was mistaken... I could have sword I saw his eyes flash a brighter red for a moment. I sighed, and put my phone on the bed. I looked at the two chains in my hand. One was my locket that carried a picture of Phoelli and my dad, the other was a simple chain Winter had gotten me as a gift. How Erin knew these were valuable to me, was a bit beyond my own understanding, but he got them, and that's fine. I picked up the large locket, and stared at it for a moment, before looking up at Sebastian again. He was waiting eagerly for my answer, that much I could tell.

I stuck out my foot then, and didn't let my expression waver, not a smirk or a smile, "Rub my feet, and I'll tell you..." I say, and I see a flash of bemusement cross his perfect face, but just as it appeared, it quickly left. "Very well." Was all he said, as he suddenly took off his coat. Revealing his vest, and crisp shirt, I almost didn't even notice when he was back in his regular uniform. When did he even change?! I watched as he undid his cuff links, and set them on the nightstand, his jacket folded neatly next to them.

I watched as he prepared himself, even going as far as to roll up his sleeves, and get some lotion and oil. He was really playing the part now, wasn't he? I only smirked, and shook my head. "I just asked for a foot rub Sebastian, you didn't need to do all of that." I said, only to see him close his eyes slowly, and open them again. "Perhaps not, but then I remembered, you did ask for a massage today..." he lulled, and I blushed at how suddenly deep his voice got. When he went on his knee, and leaned forward, I leaned back in turn.

"Ohhh no, no funny business!" I said, and lifted a finger, and pushed back onto his forehead, pushing him back a little. He only gave me his signature smirk, and grabbed my hand, and kissed the back of it. I felt goosebumps raise on my skin suddenly. "No funny business." He repeated, and my eyes widened.

Haha... what was he up to?
♠ ♠ ♠
No funny business guys. I swear. I wrote this chapter a while ago, so I don't exactly remember what happens next... we are both in the dark here.