アニーの遺産

The Guard Dog's New Chesspiece

I sat with Ciel during dinner, munching on the food Sebastian had prepared for us. Surprisingly, now that I think about it, Sebastian being a demon was probably the MOST likely thing. It made rather good sense. I'm a bit surprised I didn't realize it when I saw his red eyes. If anything, THAT was a dead giveaway.

I looked over at Ciel, who ate calmly, with good manners, unlike myself. Sebastian stood at his side, staring at... me. I swallowed, and felt my eyes widen underneath my blindfold. He couldn't tell this of course, so I just kept eating. "Miss Annie, though I don't particularly mind you staying here, it does raise concern that I cannot find you documented anywhere. No birth certificate with your name, date of birth, location, social security... none. Sebastian had mentioned to me that you were apparently from far away-" oh, did he now? "-but he never said where. Do you mind filling us in?" It was obviously not a question. I HAD to. I out down my fork and knife, the gabbed the cloth napkin around my neck to clean my mouth.

"Well. I am from far away, I traveled a lot so of course you're not going to find any birth certificate from England. Primarily, I was registered in America. Though even so, I doubt you would find anything."

"Oh?" Ciel said, and this time, Sebastian chimed in. "It appeared she was telling the truth when she said that she was from year 2011, Young Master." He said, and Ciel blinked, his one eye widened in surprise. "You can't be serious, Sebastian." He said, looking at his butler. The butler sighed, and nodded. "It is confirmed. Though you told me to only look for a certificate or any inclination of Miss Annie Underling in England, I looked for her in other countries as well."

"And?"

"Nothing showed up sir. That and some other issues I wish to inform you of, but now is not the time to be talking of such..." I immediately knew what he was talking about, and chuckled. Its not like it was a giant secret. I mean... you definitely don't just talk about it outside, but having my apparent "saviors" know, I didn't really care. It was kind of necessary for them to know. They looked at me when inlet out my chuckle, and I sighed. "Sebastian, wouldn't it be best to just say it now? I won't get offended..." I said, and Sebastian gave me a bemused look.

"Yes Sebastian, I am now rather interested in what is so important." Ciel said.

Sebastian seemed a bit at odds with himself, before he shrugged and sighed to himself.

"It appears Miss Annie is not human. She is a creature, that is apparently one of a kind called Feral Kasaii. Or in her language, Phoelmogen. Her world is unlike mine... and she knows that I am a demon." He said, and Ciel dropped his fork. "You told her?!" He exclaimed, and Sebastian shook his head, "She guessed all in her own." He said. Ciel still had a face of shock, but then it turned from shocked to irritated. "Well then. To what honor do we have to you staying with us, Annie?" He said, hand on his cheek.

I played with the food on my plate, "Not sure. I remember I was staying with an... uncle, and one of my... people, attacked us suddenly. I woke up here." I said simply.

"Why did he attack you?"

"He wants me to go back to my world." I stated blankly. I felt like in had think give up the story of my life soon...

"Why don't you then? It doesn't seem right for you to want to stay here if this isn't where you belong." Ciel said, and I glared at him from underneath the blindfold. This thing was damn useful sometimes. I felt the fire come before it started blazing underneath my blindfold. I never got burnt by my own fire. Of course my temperature would rise, but that's it.

"Its not exactly the best place to be..." I stated, and stared at my plate blankly. I suddenly lost appetite. Sebastian apparently, had other ideas. "Miss Annie, I recall that when I had woken you up, there were scars on your wrists and ankles... is there a story behind that?" He asked. Damn. He gets straight go the point.

I looked at my wrists, when we had went shopping, I picked dresses that would cover my wrists and went far below my ankles. He noticed that, didn't he? I sighed, and nodded. "Yes. A very long story. But I will shorten it for you in the easiest way possible."

Ciel and Sebastian both leaned in forward, listening to what I was about it say.

"The people of Rosebund, were very peculiar about who was worthy if certain things, and who could enter certain social classes and the like. I, being completely different in all aspects, was imprisoned for a very... very long time. Those scars, Sebastian saw, were result of that. I was tied up in thorns, and couldn't move out of my cage. They would brand my back constantly, however some did not heal as well as others. Though of course... they recognized I had power. They would put me to fight against beasts, then trained killers, to a small band of prisoners due for execution, until they put me against full on armies. No one else but me. They used me at their games... much like the gladiators, in the stages. They watched me fight everyone else to the death at there celebrations. Until, I had escaped. I was sixteen when I escaped. I was then retransformed, and came to earth as a baby. And I grew up, once again, on earth this time. I am now fifteen, despite the many, many years I relived, the uncle I was with was a scientist who specialized in this area. He said that despite all that, I would remain with the mentality of a sixteen year old, until I passed that age on my biological clock." I explained, and all I was met with was silence.

"Well, it seems that you will have to stay with us after all." Ciel said simply. I cocked an eyebrow in the air. No duh, Ciel.

I sighed and nodded anyway. "Well... as a warning, if in stay duh you. There is a higher chance that someone will be after me... that man's name is Ira. He is one of the kings closest attendants, and he is hell bent on taking me back. However, its likely he will send someone rather than come after me himself. Luckily, I know all of his tricks." I said, a slight smile on my lips. Ciel gave me a bewildered look, but was somewhat okay nonetheless. "Though you won't be staying here for free, Miss Annie. Since we know what you are, and who you are, I assume you want to keep this a secret, no? The underground has immense interest in people like you..." Ciel said. I chuckled at this empty threat. "Ciel, you are forgetting I have fought armies and have come victorious every time. Not to boast, but I have killed a grim reaper before. Aren't those basically gods? Any threats you hold against me are very empty. If its working here for you, as a servant... I have no problem with that." I said, and I caught the astonished look on Sebastian's face. Ciel however had other ideas, "Well then. If you are so keen to work for me, why don't you a nd Sebastian work side by side then? You both can share the job of guarding me." He said, and I blinked. That actually didn't sound too bad...

"Fine by me." I said, and Ciel smirked.

"From this day onward, you are now my personal maid, Annie Underling."
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHHH SHITS GONNA HAPPEN.
Haha. Just finished writing the 20th chapter. I'm rather excited honestly. Sebastian and Annie aren't there quite yet. Since Annie is rather young and all. I think I will wait until a year passes within the manga and Annie is 16 to start actually going somewhere in their relationship. Though there is already much of a story behind Annie that I do plan to delve into in great detail. Expect a lot of info bto. Its gonna get deep... heheh that sounded dirty...