Status: ABANDONED

Home Is Where the Heart Is

A New Beginning [PROLOGUE]

Alex focuses only on Jack as he looks up into his eyes. They are lying in their bed, Alex with his back to the silk sheets, legs hooked around his husband’s waist. Jack is ready, but the elder man beneath him is still nervous. Tonight, the two have decided to try for the first time for a baby.

Even before they’d been married, the topic had children had come up for Jack and Alex. Jack had openly expressed his desire to have a house full of children during their engagement. Alex was always the more reserved and quiet one, and had listened attentively with a smile as his fiancé (at the time) went on about babies, toddlers, and children. Alex had found it extremely adorable how Jack’s eyes would light up and he wouldn't even know he was rambling. It had been obvious that he was passionate about having his own kids.

Three years later, the couple finds themselves again going over the topic of children. They’ve been talking seriously for a week about whether they completely want a baby, how they’d parent, and the way everything would work out. There is so much to discuss and be ready for if they are going to do this.

Now is the final decision. The last chance to back out. Alex stops his husband’s wandering hand from reaching to get the lube, instead pausing the moment to speak with him. He cups the man’s stubbly cheeks as he tries to think of what to say.

“Are you sure you’re ready for this?” Alex asks finally.

Jack doesn't need time to answer. “Yes, 100%,” he answers the brunette clearly and with a serious face. Alex’s heart beats just slightly faster when he's assured for the nth time that they both want this in its entirety.

“I love you, Jack Barakat,” Alex says softly, squeezing his legs more tightly around Jack’s waist.

With a smile, Jack ducks down and kisses his husband. “I love you too.”

And that's how it all begins.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this is the official start of my first full Jalex fanfiction. It's Mpreg, obviously, and I'm very excited to write about Alex and Jack's journey into the unknown. The story will follow them through the entire pregnancy and then some. I hope you enjoy, and don't forget to leave feedback!