Status: Feito

Together Let's...

Kiss Under the Mistletoe

“How was work, babe?” Alex asked sweetly as soon as Jack opened the front door. The older man jumped back a bit, heart racing and eyes wide, before he was able to calm down and raise an eyebrow in question.

“Fine, I guess,” he answered with a shrug. It was as he tried to step over the threshold that he got somewhat suspicious. Alex’s body moved to block his and the younger boy’s arms lifted, landing on Jack’s shoulders to keep him in place. “What’re you doing?”

“The next thing on the list,” Alex answered, big eyes flicking toward the ceiling before they were back on his boyfriend’s.

“Okay, well, can I go put my things down first?” Jack retorted, doing his best to push from his partner’s hold. He really just wanted to—

“Or you could look up and get it done now so that neither of us has to worry about it later?” Alex suggested, once again letting his gaze travel skyward for no more than a moment.

Jack sighed but did as told, catching sight of the mistletoe Alex always hung up at some different point around the house whenever the holidays rolled around. Which would’ve been fine, except that—

“Alex, it’s still the middle of August,” he said slowly. He wasn’t sure if Alex had lost track of the time or if, by chance, he himself had.

“And?” Alex challenged.

“And it’s not December…” Jack trailed out, his confusion only being elevated that much more when his boyfriend didn’t become fazed in the slightest.

Instead, Alex rolled his eyes a bit playfully. “Well, the next thing to do is kiss under the mistletoe. We can do it now and get it out of the way, or we can wait until it is December. I just figured that maybe you’d wanna get everything done as soon as possible, and since we’ve been going down the list instead of jumping around it, I sort of have everything planned out so that when something needs to happen at a certain time, it does. If we waited another couple months, that’d just screw everything up, and then we’d be stuck doing this even longer than I know you want to.”

The older man was silent for a moment as he thought about everything he’d been told, and it was as he saw Alex open his mouth to say something else that he reached out his free hand and tugged the younger into his body.

Alex felt himself melt into his partner’s chest as their lips met, and a grin took over as he reached up to wrap both of his arms around Jack’s neck tightly, holding them together.

When they pulled apart, Alex all but giggled. “This year, I’m thinking of hanging it over the bed.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i've decided that i wanna finish this before i continue on to any of the oneshots i have planned, so be prepared for ((hopefully)) like at least two or three of these every day
at that rate, should be done within like two weeks or so