Status: Feito

Together Let's...

Go to the Aquarium

“I think we should go to the aquarium today,” Alex said on Sunday morning. His head was resting against Jack’s bare (and sweaty) chest, his hand placed over his beau’s pounding heart. It was a lazy morning that had been filled with lazy morning sex, and for once, Jack just felt too good to protest any of the last-minute adventures his boyfriend could come up with. Instead, he squeezed at Alex’s naked waist and tilted his head to press a kiss to damp hair.

“Sounds good, dimples. We gotta take showers first. We can stop somewhere for breakfast on the way. How’s that sound to you?”

Alex nodded against his partner’s chest before standing to his feet and holding his hand out for Jack to take. “It sounds great… but I think we should conserve water.”

--- ---

Two hours later, the pair found themselves in the front hall of Baltimore’s National Aquarium. There were kids running around with their parents following closely behind, senior citizens gazing around quietly, and a few couples just like themselves wandering together.

They opted against a tour and began the trek through the maze of halls on their own, Alex clinging to Jack’s arm the entire time.

Jack decided that he liked it almost as much as he’d liked the trip to the zoo. Fish weren’t really all that interesting to him when they were on their own, but the bright colors reminded him of the birds that he’d found to be quite beautiful. On top of the beauty of the displays and their inhabitants, of course, were some totally bad ass sharks. Even then, the sharks weren’t his favorite part.

No, his favorite part was how… mesmerized Alex looked by it all. He’d press himself up against the glass like any one of the numerous kids surrounding them, and he’d get this look on his face, and then he’d turn to point out whatever he’d seen to Jack.

“It’s Dory, Jack!” he’d even gasped at one point, eyes wide and jaw dropped in pure awe of the situation. “And there’s Nemo! And it’s Crush!”

Jack had quite obviously laughed at that (just like a few other people around the room had), but he nodded along before reaching out to pull his boyfriend away from the glass wall in favor of marching him from the room altogether.

“Dimples, don’t pout,” he scolded as they headed toward the large tanks housing the dolphins and manatees. “Look, see? Aren’t these pretty, too?”

Just like that, Alex was back to being a giddy child once more.

Jack felt like he was falling in love for the first time all over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
cheesy cliche line at the end there bc aw
all i'm really good at
i changed the font size and darkened the pink idk was it better the other way?? is this easier to read?? idk lemme know