Status: Feito

Together Let's...

Sleep/Take a Nap

Before long, the couple had finished their early dinner. All that was left for them to do was listen to the radio and watch the world from outside their window.

It was comforting, really, knowing that they didn’t have to say anything to one another to know that they were both perfectly content. Really, it just made their relationship that much easier.

Of course, all good things must come to an end, and after nearly an hour of neither man saying a word, Alex was pushing himself to his feet and grabbing up all of their used dishes. Jack watched him leave, listened to the sound of water running from the tap in the kitchen, and then pushed himself into a standing position to follow behind.

Alex was stood in front of the sink, his back to the elder. Jack couldn’t have imagined a more perfect view. The younger man was shirtless, wearing nothing but sweatpants (and, based on how low they were, he wasn’t wearing boxers underneath), and when his arms moved, the muscles in his back would—

The sound of a yawn had his gaze moving up. The Briton’s head was turned to the side, his gaping mouth pressed into the crook of his elbow and his eyes squeezed tightly shut. He stayed that way for a moment after the fact before a shake of the head was given—to wake himself up a little more, Jack assumed. Then, the washing of the dishes commenced once more.

Jack felt bad—in more ways than one. Sure, he felt bad that Alex was doing all of the work when he clearly deserved a nap, but he also felt bad in the sense that all of his boyfriend’s cooking had made him tired… again. If anything, they both needed a nap.

With that realization, he was stepping further into the room and pressing himself against his partner. His slim arms wrapped around a tone stomach and pulled their bodies impossibly closer, and a handful of kisses was left wherever Jack’s lips could reach.

“How about you just leave that for later, dimples?” he suggested, burying his face in the hair behind Alex’s ear. “I’ll even take care of it. You don’t gotta worry about anything. Come nap with me instead, alright? You deserve it.”

“That does sound kinda nice,” Alex confessed quietly after a moment of silence. “You sure you won’t forget about everything later? I don’t wanna have a bigger mess than it already is.”

Jack stood up straight once more without a word. His hands moved from Alex’s body in favor of taking whatever was in his partner’s hold and setting it all in the sink once more. “You shouldn’t have to worry about anything right now. It’s Christmas Eve, you spent a good portion of the day cooking for me, and right now, I just want you to come take a little nap with me. Please, dimples? It’s time for you to take it easy.”

For once, Alex was the one to sigh before nodding his agreement. The suds that were clinging to his fingers were washed away under the tap, his hands were dabbed dry on a towel lying on the counter, and then he allowed himself to be manhandled from the room and back out to where they’d been before.

Two of the throw pillows (that Alex insisted on having) were plucked from the couch to be dropped onto the blanket, and then the arranging began. Jack ended up with both pillows under his head and Alex on his chest. The position could’ve been seen as uncomfortable, what with how he was acting as a sort of mattress, but Jack didn’t mind the extra weight or the heat. He didn’t think he could’ve imagined a more comfortable position himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
maybe a couple more will be up tonight hopefully
find it kinda funny that this one is longer than the last one tbh