Status: Feito

Together Let's...

Dance in the Rain

The last day of April definitely brought a shower. Alex was excited by the prospect of getting another objective on the list crossed off. Only, for some reason, Jack was taking longer than usual to get home. The rain was bound to stop at any minute, and if his boyfriend’s car didn’t pull up in the driveway before then, he would get pretty upset.

He was also feeling pretty worried, of course. What if Jack got into an accident? Or, worse yet, what if Jack was—

At the sound of tires splashing water up from the sidewalk, Alex darted toward the window and looked out to see his boyfriend’s car coming to a halt on their driveway. He couldn’t see much of Jack in the front seat, but before the elder could even climb from his vehicle, Alex was already barreling his way down the stairs and out the front door.

Jack, who was already feeling nervous because of what he’d just done, almost slipped in his shock when he looked up to see Alex running full-speed at him. His right hand fumbled in his pocket in search of the small, velvet box that held his purchase, not wanting it to fall out during the impending collision.

No mind was paid to the action on Alex’s end, and soon he was throwing himself at his boyfriend with a, “Hi, baby. I missed you. How was work? Are you okay?”

“Yeah, no, I’m fine,” Jack assured, accepting the kiss he was given. “I just, uh… there was a lot of traffic, so I got stuck in that on the way home. You know how it is—gotta slow down during the rain and all. Why’re you out here?”

“Because I wanted to dance with you in the rain,” he answered simply. The twinkle in his eye and the grin on his lips had Jack biting at his own lip in deliberation.

It wasn’t raining as hard as it had been earlier in the day, and the rain was a lot warmer than it had been when Alex wanted to kiss in it, so, “Why not? Lemme just, uh… I gotta put my things back in the car real quick, okay? Gimme one sec, and then we can dance as long as you want to.”

Jack played off his opening the door only enough for him to squeeze through as him attempting to keep the interior of his car dry, but in reality, he wanted to slip the small box from his pocket and under the front seat without it being seen. He wasn’t sure if he was as successful as he hoped to be, but when Alex didn’t show any sign of having seen anything, he felt accomplished enough.

With the car doors once again closed and locked behind him, Jack turned back to his partner and reached out to pull their bodies together. Alex’s arms lifted to wrap around the elder’s neck, pulling him down so that their foreheads and wet hair were leaned against each other.

It was slow going, the only sound being the pitter patter of the rain hitting the world around them. Slow turns and the occasional ‘I love you’ were exchanged with a few kisses added into the mix. The rain helped wash away Jack’s nerves almost as much as having Alex close did. Neither could remember a time where they’d felt more at ease.
♠ ♠ ♠
11 more by friday
i think i can maybe hopefully do it woo