Status: Feito

Together Let's...

Make a Scrapbook of Memories

“I’m gonna go down to that picture printing place in town, okay? I’ll be back in, like, an hour. Love you,” Alex called from the front door as he tugged his favorite leopard print slip-ons onto his feet. Jack called back the sentiment before returning his attention to his Playstation. One screen, the Baltimore Ravens were in the process of taking down the Green Bay Packers.

No mind was paid to the time, nor was Alex’s disappearance even truly noticed, but by the time the younger did walk back through the front door, three other games had passed by in front of Jack’s eyes.

The elder didn’t even notice that his boyfriend was standing next to the TV until, suddenly, the TV was no longer on.

“What the hell?” he cried, jumping to his feet and rushing forward. Maybe if he was quick enough, his game would still work. There had only been another two minutes on the clock, and—

“If you play anymore of that today, you’ll fry your brain. Then what good would that promotion be? You’d just get fired for not being as smart as you are now,” Alex teased, leaning over to kiss at his partner’s cheek as an apology. “Besides, we have things to work on. Come into the kitchen. I put everything in there.

“Dimples, I had—”

Baby,” the younger whined. When a pout followed soon after, Jack sighed and nodded.

“I’m only doing this because I love you,” he assured in a grumble before trudging his way from the room.

“And I love you for doing it because you love me,” Alex retorted as he moved toward the kitchen as well. On the counters, bags upon bags were piled high. “This one is gonna take us a while, so I figured that we could just get started today. We’re gonna make a scrapbook. Maybe we could just try and get a couple pages done each week since we’re gonna always be making new memories together. As long as we get it started, I’ll count it done so that we can move on.”

“What is it that I’m supposed to even be doing?” Jack asked as he began to rifle through the bags. He found pictures, stickers, different colored squared-shaped papers, markers, tape, glue, scissors, and pretty much every other craft supply the world had to offer. At the very bottom of it all, was a scrapbook. There was a hole in the center where a picture could be place, and the words ‘You and Me’ were written underneath.

“Well, I was looking online the other night, and I found some cute ideas that we could use. I saved them on my phone. Can you bring some of the bags over to the table while I pull those up? Oh, and this might be a stupid question, but do you still have that movie ticket from the first date we went on? When we saw Definitely, Maybe?”

Jack could feel his cheeks turn red as he nodded. “I keep it in my wallet behind a picture of us. Why?”

“I still have mine,” Alex said, clearly not have noticing his boyfriend’s embarrassment, “and I was thinking that maybe we could put those on one of the first few pages. I can print off one of the movie’s posters to go with it.”

“That sounds fine. Is this gonna be something you wanna have at our wedding, too, or can I add inappropriate things to the pages?” the elder questioned as he began to pull supplies from plastic bags.

Alex gasped; Jack jumped. “I didn’t even think of that!” the younger exclaimed.

“I’m sure you didn’t, dimples.”