Status: Feito

Together Let's...

Get Matching Outfits

"Hi, baby," Alex greeted as Jack walked through the door after his long day of both work and school.

"Mm, hey, dimples," the elder replied, dropping his things haphazardly in the front hall to pull his partner into his arms, placing a short yet sweet kiss on his awaiting lips. "How was your day?"

"Boring without you," Alex said around a heavy sigh, looking down at where their bodies meshed with faux sorrow. "Maybe I should get a job or something to, y'know, help me pass the time and earn a little extra cash..."

"Or," Jack cut in, squeezing at Alex's waist, "you could leave the worrying about money thing—even though you and I already know we don't need to worry—to me and continue to be my pretty, little housewife. If we're gone all day, who's gonna hold down the fort?"

They both knew Alex didn't actually want a job anyway. He preferred cleaning and doing other such things on his own time than being told what to do and when to do it. It worked, really, and Jack didn't see an issue with it.

"But how was your day?" Alex inquired, taking a step back and reaching out to link their hands, pulling the taller man into their living room and then sitting onto the couch.

"Too fucking long," Jack groaned, throwing his head back against the top of the sofa. "I'm so God damn happy to be home. I just wanna eat and go to bed."

Alex visibly deflated, but only slightly. "Oh... Well, I was kinda hoping we could do the next thing on the list..." he tapered out, tilting his head towards his lap so that he could look up at Jack through his eyelashes, teeth pressing innocently into his bottom lip.

The elder only glanced over before groaning again. He knew he couldn't say no. Not to that face, at least.

"What is it?" he muttered, sitting himself up and putting his full attention on the younger.

The Briton perked up, scooting a little closer. "Buy matching outfits."

"Lex, we share clothes as it is. There's literally no point in buying two of something," Jack tried, but it only had Alex pouting, which had him sighing and nodding. "You're driving, and I'm sleeping in the car on the way," he grumbled, stretching and then ambling to his feet.

Alex hopped up and all but skipped out to the car, holding his hand out for the keys as Jack trudged from the locked house. The elder could practically feel his wallet begin to weep with the knowledge of losing some of its residents, and he momentarily considered making Alex actually get a job before shaking that thought from his head, handing the keys over, and situating himself in the passenger side of their car.

The ride to the mall passed much too quickly for the taller male, and then his partner was dragging him towards Hot Topic. Jack didn't even have time to protest about the price of the jeans (ridiculous) or the wannabe scene and goth preteens (even more ridiculous to think he'd once been one) before Alex was tugging him to the back and scanning the band shirts that lined the wall there.

"I really like that Fall Out Boy one," he mused, pointing towards one near the top in the middle. Jack really didn't care what they bought as long as they could leave, and he began the search for two in the same size while pushing Alex towards jeans.

The younger man was only gone for a few moments before he returned with two grey pairs that had the American flag printed on them, and Jack internally cringed. These things would look cute on Alex, sure, but on him?

"Come try them on with me," the Briton insisted, and all Jack could do was nod and follow closely behind.

They found a large dressing room at the end of the line of rooms and, though they weren't supposed to, snuck in together to try on Alex's their finds.

As Jack had predicted, he looked nothing short of—you guessed it—ridiculous, but Alex on the other hand...

"You look sexy, dimples," the elder breathed as he wrapped his arms around his partner's waist from behind, pulling their bodies together as they looked in the large mirror that covered one wall.

Alex grinned at their reflection and turned in Jack's hold, pressing their lips together briefly before leaning back to nudge their noses against each other's. "You do, too, baby," he assured.

"So these are a go?" the taller inquired, tone hopeful. It all just... it sounded too easy, especially for Alex.

"Well, actually, I saw this one shirt that I thought would look good on you..." Alex trailed out, already changing back into his other clothes.

Jack could only groan.
♠ ♠ ♠
this one's kinda boring i'm sorry
hopefully next will maybe be better??? i hope???? idk we'll have to see okay but i'm glad people like this
love you all!