Status: Feito

Together Let's...

Get Ice Cream

Jack,” Alex groaned on a Friday night. It was nearing eleven o’clock, and while they’d have normally been asleep at that time on almost any other night of the week, it was a Friday, which meant there was no work the next day. Why sleep when he could spend some time awake and cuddling with his boyfriend?

“What, dimples?” the elder mumbled back. His eyelids were finally starting to get heavy, and he was more than prepared to welcome sleep with open arms.

“I want ice cream.” That time, the Briton’s voice came out in a whisper. He shifted in bed, as well, so that his chin was propped up against his partner’s bare chest. “We should go get ice cream. Can we? Please?”

“Why do you decide to do things like this at night?” Jack inquired, peeking his eye open to see his boyfriend. “Why couldn’t you have decided that you wanted ice cream, like, three hours ago?”

Alex shrugged, brown eyes wide and innocent and pleading.

“Get me a shirt and some sweatpants, get yourself dressed, and we can drive down to the grocery store,” Jack said after a moment of deliberation. Really, ice cream did sound pretty damn good.

Alex was more than eager to oblige, tossing Jack’s requested items over his shoulder onto the bed and hastily pulling his own clothing on. Keys were grabbed, wallets were checked, lights were left on, and the front door was locked in under five minutes.

The entire car ride, which was no more than fifteen minutes at most, consisted of Alex pondering over which flavor he was in the mood for. He wanted something chocolaty, with lots of peanut butter, or oh, maybe even something with cookie dough in it. Doesn’t that sound awesome, baby?

Jack had given a shrug, declaring that he was really in the mood for something that had cherries in it, or maybe even caramel. He would just have to decide once he saw all of his options.

Of course, that wasn’t even nearly as easy as it sounded.

“There are so many more flavors since the last time we did this,” Alex said quietly, wide eyes roaming over all of the frozen treats. “What are we gonna do?”

“I don’t even know,” Jack mumbled back. “Should we just… should we just buy one of everything?”

“Are you fucking high?” the younger retorted. “Where would we even put it all?”

“In our mouths.” The answer was simple and true, yet it still had Alex bursting into hysterics in the middle of the aisle.

“We can’t afford it,” was Alex’s next point.

“It’s food, dimples. We can always afford food. How about we just buy one of everything that looks good? Cause that lime stuff over there doesn’t look too great.”

Alex followed Jack’s line of vision, giving a brief nod after a moment of blank staring.

“Yeah, why not?”

“We’re gonna need a bigger cart.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i kinda like this one too tbh
only two more left woah gettin so close