Sequel: Burning the Dragons

Howling at the Sun

The day after they left King’s Landing

Just below Prince’s Pass, the Dornish camp was set up for the night. It had been tiring travelling so quickly from King’s Landing, away from Rhaegar’s insistence that they stayed, but now that they were back in the desert the men felt at home and were moving even faster. Sunspear, the home of Oberyn, was now only a week away. The largest tent’s candles still burned brightly, flickering in the hot breeze that was coming from the south. Oberyn stood from the bed, leaving Tabitha sprawled out on her back, and walked over to their table of wine and fruit. Tabitha watched on with a dazed expression, having grown incredibly fond of Oberyn’s smooth, tanned skin during the last couple of weeks that they had been rolling around in bed for. Oberyn poured himself some more wine and Tabitha gave a light sigh.

“I can’t believe how hot it is in Dorne,” she remarked, astounded by how she was able to lie naked in the tent and feel warm instead of cold. It was such a contrast to the North, but so far she was enjoying it.

“Do you like it?”

“Of course. It’s a whole new world,” Tabitha smiled as she shifted on their silk sheets. “Will you bring me some more wine?” Oberyn grinned and brought his cup over to her to share the delicious drink, admiring her pale skin and orange hair that was spread across the sheets. She appeared to him as a work of art, and he still couldn’t believe how lucky he was to have married her instead of Cersei. Tabitha took a hearty gulp and Oberyn found himself laughing.

“You are truly a changed woman,” he commented and Tabitha raised her eyebrows.

“Really? A change for the better, I hope,” she questioned before Oberyn gave her a sweet kiss.

“Yes, you have come out of your shell and developed into a stunningly beautiful bird,” he agreed as Tabitha drank. “When we first met, you barely touched wine, and now look at you.” Tabitha smirked as she passed the cup back to her husband.

“Go on.”

“Go on what?” Oberyn wondered, a confused frown across his lips.

“Look at me,” Tabitha repeated as she rolled onto her side to exaggerate her curves. Oberyn licked his lips before finishing the wine and placing the cup on the ground. With ease, he crawled back onto the bed and swept his arms around Tabitha, pressing their heated naked bodies against each other as he forced his lips upon hers.

“I thought you said you had had enough,” Oberyn growled into her neck in between forceful kisses, her soft moans encouraging him to travel lower.

“I lied,” Tabitha said with a chuckle. “It’s hard to resist you. I love my sun.” Oberyn picked his head up and stared deeply into her blue eyes.

“And I love my wolf,” he replied softly before cupping her chin and gently kissing her lips again. Tabitha placed her hand atop his and stroked his fingers lightly as she gazed deep into his dark brown eyes.

“Do you promise that you will protect me? Because I never want this to end,” she confessed and Oberyn nodded.

“I will do anything to keep you by my side,” he agreed, his words sufficient to comfort Tabitha. She kissed him again, the alcohol taking over their senses and allowing them to become immersed once again in a world of making love.
♠ ♠ ♠
A big thank you to every supporter of this story - it was far more successful than I could have ever imagined! :D I'd love to hear your overall thoughts on the story!

Sequel, anyone?