‹ Prequel: From the Darkness
Status: Discontinued [2018]

Comes the Light

Chapter One

I didn't know what to think. I had woken from a deep slumber, at least that was what it felt like to me. But it wasn't. I had died. I had ceased to exist. And that left the question of why was I here now. No one could tell me that besides the person that brought me back. I just didn't know who did it. The person that was here with me was gone now. They had disappeared as soon as I realized they were there.

Everything was muddled now. At least I had Hekabe and Galinthias with me. If I didn't, I would be very lost. They kept me sane when I had been nothing for so long. How long had I been nothing?

The thought rattled around, encompassing just about every thought I had. I really wanted to know why I was back. I wanted to know who brought me back. But no one could tell me that was with me now. Not that I expected them to. I just had to figure it out for myself.

Slowly, I got out of the bed. My legs were shaky as I hesitantly put my feet down on the ground, feeling the cold stone. I really didn't know if I was ready to stand, let alone walk. Hekabe barked, standing next to me as I pushed myself up. My knees knocked together as they strained under my weight.

Galinthias sauntered over, sitting on the chair in the corner. She gave me a look. “I know. I know,” I muttered. I knew what she was thinking. I was taking things quickly and really shouldn't push it, but I couldn't just lay in bed any more. I was getting restless.

I felt as if I should figure out what had happened. I didn't even remember what happened. It was hazy at best. Why didn't I remember? It was bugging me.

Gripping the peplos I was wearing, I took a deep breath before taking a small step forward. My knee nearly buckled, but I bit my lip, forcing myself to stay standing. I was going to make it to Galinthias. I was not going to sit down until I did. Hekabe barked, trying to encouraging me on. My other familiar just stretched and curled up on the chair. She seemed to be asleep.

Another step forward; I only had three more until I was at the chair. Galinthias looked at me as if I was stupid. My hand gripped the back of the chair, breathing hard. I couldn't believe just that tired me out. Did my strength leave as well? I really believed so. I was going to have to work on my strength. Every day. Every moment I could.

“You should not strain yourself,” a voice called from the far end. It was familiar, but I couldn't place it. Turning my head slowly, I glanced at the figure at the person in my room. They stood at the doorway, letting in light from Helios. The person appeared to be male, but I didn't know whom it was. He stood there, blocking the light, casting himself in shadow. “Besides, what are you going to do later?” He had a cocky sort of voice. I had met him before, but that was all that was coming to me. I had met a lot of gods and goddesses before. That didn't mean I knew this god.

“What are you talking about?” I asked, curious and slightly suspicious.

The male laughed, walking inside, leading the pall drop from himself. There stood a male, a god with a youthful appearance. Clean shaven and hair cut short around his head. Golden hair. The name was escaping me. Who was he? I really wanted to know, but it wasn't coming to me even with me thinking about it.

And then I didn't know what he was talking about. Was he the one? Did he bring me back from the abyss?

“You are not very fun like this.” He grinned. His caramel eyes drinking in my form. I could feel them roaming up and down, nearly caressing my curves. It was making me uncomfortable. My spine quaked. He grinned celestially. His lips flatten as he showed his white teeth. “Now,” he sauntered over. His hand was gentle and warm as it rested upon my shoulder. “Let us get some food. Ambrosia should help.”

Hermes. It just came to me. And it seemed to fit. That was his name.

Hermes wrapped an arm around my shoulders. He was stronger than I expected. He lifted me to my feet before ushering me slowly out of the room.

Hekabe and Galinthias followed, seemingly watching over me. They seemed to want to keep an eye on me. I didn't blame them in the slightest. When they weren't at my side, I disappeared. I became nothing.

The white columns lined our path, holding up the roof. Hermes weaved through the corridors and into a large room. A rug covered the cold stone beneath. It ran a good portion of the room. Hermes sauntered over to the table, sitting atop the rug. Food was there as well as a small portion of ambrosia—the food of the gods. A red petaled flower. When alive its nectar was what was used. In its crystallized form, one just had to eat it.

Hermes led me to the seat at the head of the table, smiling brightly. As I sat, he gathered together food upon a plate and set it before me. He had always been one for speed rather than patience. But that was why he was the messenger of the gods. He could deliver messages quickly and efficiently.

He sat down next to me, having his own plate. “Mmm! Eat your fill, my precious goddess.” He grinned, eating the food before him. He glanced at me as I poked at the food. I wasn't really hungry, but I knew the ambrosia would help cleanse whatever may be blocking my memories or just cleanse me. He gave me a lot. “Do not hold back, Hekate. I know you need it.” I grimaced as I picked up the crystallized ambrosia. He must have gotten Ambrosia to deliver it here. Or one of the nymphs.

I slowly bit into the ambrosia, feeling the crystallized form melt away in my mouth. Slowly, I started to eat, feeling the gnawing hunger start to come forth. It was soon after, I felt it go away, leaving me full.

Staring at the plate, I looked at all the food still there. I had never really had a big appetite, but it seemed to be even smaller now. Glancing up at Hermes, I noticed he was smiling at me again. It appeared there wasn't much that could deter him from smiling. It was almost always on his lips.

“Feeling better?” he asked, taking a sip of his drink, whatever it was. It didn't smell like wine, but I did not know. I had a feeling I didn't really drink wine, meaning I wasn't on the best of terms with Dionysus. Or maybe he was just put out that I didn't drink wine, a creation of his.

I didn't know.

Hermes stood up, done. He stretched his arms above his head, yawning slightly. It was an odd thing to see on Hermes. He always seemed to be on the move, never slowing down. “I should be heading out. I will see you later,” the god said smoothly. He strolled out of the hall, disappearing from view quickly enough.

My familiars came in, sitting on either side of me. I stared at the far side, wondering what was going on. I wasn't use to being this free. It was new.

But I didn't know why I was free now. Was I something different now? Was I a goddess? And not a titanide? I had to find out.

Turning to Hekabe and Galinthias, I smiled gently at them. “Shall we go take a bath?” Hekabe barked, excited about it. Galinthias was less so, but she accepted it. I needed one. It would relax me.

Getting there though, would be the problem. I just didn't know if I had the strength to do it. I could always use my magic to get there. That might be what I have to do. It was hard enough to get out of the seat right now.

Rising up onto my bare feet, I respired deeply. Gathering up enough energy, I disappeared from the room, taking the two with me, and reappeared in the bathing room. It looked the same as before. Tall columns lined the walls. Mosaic tiles put together a beautiful picture of different scenes. I didn't want gods, so I depicted humans in daily life.

The floor was tiled in granite with the inlaid tub in the middle. Water sloshed a bit as I dipped my finger in. It was warm. Heated by the fires of Hephaestus. A diamond like pattern lined the edge of the tub.

Most of the colors were white or an off-white. The diamond pattern was black. And the tub itself was such a deep blue that it could be mistaken for the night sky.

I took off the robe I was in, simple and white, letting it drop to the floor. Hekabe whined at the edge of the tub, nosing the water. She looked at me, expecting me to give her permission to go in. I sighed, a gentle smile upon my lips. “Go ahead.” The dog barked happily before jumping in. The splash hit the tiles, getting me and Galinthias as well. She jumped, hissing at the water. Galinthias spat at Hekabe before jumping up in a chair at the far end.

I shook my head at her before stepping into the large tub. It was perfect. The water lapped at my skin, taking away all stress I had within my muscles. I relaxed into the water, leaning against the wall. Closing my eyes, I relished the feeling of the warmth seeping into me. It was wonderful.

Hekabe barked happily. She brought my attention to her as she swam over to me. Her head was above the water, giving me what looked to be a smile on her lips. I waited as she came to me. Her front paws went to my shoulders, keeping herself from sinking. Her black fur was wet and sticking to her body. A slim, muscled body. As could be expected from her as a dog. She panted. Her hot breath brushing across my neck and chin. It smelled, but I could live with it. Besides, I could always make it disappear, if I really wanted to.

She pushed off of me and swam back to the other side. I watched her, remembering she usually did this most times we were in the bath. Galinthias would always just be watching, not wanting to get wet, but usually did when Hekabe jumped in.

I stared at the ceiling. It was arched over the room, a white as well. I remembered something. And I didn't know how. It just cleared up in my mind. Like a fog lifted, revealing the scene behind. I sighed, running my fingers through my dark tresses, naturally curling gently. It brought more thoughts to my mind. Most were about everything that had happened in what appeared to be a day. Nyx hadn't come out yet, but she was coming. I could see Apollo and Helios starting to disappear for the night. The shadows were getting longer and spreading.

Maybe what I needed to do now was ask around, find out what happened. The best place to start would be with the king of the gods, Zeus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys!

As you can probably see, I posted a sequel to From the Darkness. And this is the first chapter! Yay!

If you see any mistakes, grammar or otherwise, please tell me. I can not spot them all.

And please do leave a comment, I love hearing from my readers. Recommend, subscribe, or suggest. I would be happy with any of those.

I do hope you have enjoyed this chapter. I hope this sequel lives up to the promise the prequel made. XD

And I do have a question, do you guys want more romance or not? It might change what I have in mind depending on the answer. Not a whole lot, but enough.