Gensokyo Diaries X: Ran

Indigo Diary,entry V: Aftermath

Right now,I feel exhausted and overcome with grief. I've lost a few of my babies, only one of them surviving. It has been awhile since I have written and so much has happened in what I would call so little time. My babies Bi, Akira, Bunmei,and Ikki have perished, food and freshwater has run scarce, thanks to the shitbag amanojaku using and eating most of it all. At least, I found her limbs delicious, be it if it was a tad hard to chew, having lost some teeth. Anyway, Reimu is fine but Sakuya has taken ill with the fallout sickness, dying as the days goes past and as her body self-destructs,Meiling has committed suicide, we found her lifeless body today, and Patchouli has long died of her health complications. It would be hard to say how many more of us will remain in the aftermath of what was but what can be said is that the wounds won't so easily heal.

Not too long ago, even Yukari didn't remain and she has left to go somewhere without telling us, leaving us to speculate her reasons. In her mental state, she may wander off but we usually find her or she would come back but, this time, she didn't. I waited but she never returned, yet, my devotion to her never wavers and as it grows cold. My heart is shattered and, as I wait for her, I'm starting to think Yukari has made one last sacrifice and that was to leave,to die alone, so she would be one less mouth to feed. If that was the case, I can only think that it was in vain, as it wouldn't have done any good.

In her absence, I do hear her voice but that does little to comfort me as her voice comes from memories long passed. She was gone but they remained.

On a lesser note, winter it seems has begun.
----八雲 藍