Gensokyo Diaries XI: Yukari

Violet Diary I: In the Asylum

Even though I can barely see, Ran encouraged me to write a diary, so this is my first entry and I am staying in asylum to help me get over some of my mental difficulties, due to my experiences at the hands of that fat bastard and disgusting lecherous lackeys So far, I am learning how to get used to being touched, something I have come to loathe, just like I do myself. I'll be out and home at some point but, right now, I am to undergo readjustment counseling. At least, I am not too far away from where we are to live, just down the road.

To be honest, I am rather surprised that I was allowed to be placed in an asylum for recovery, as they haven't been very kind to us before. The staff here are rather kind and usually try to engage me in conversation but I don't have very much to say. If they aren't trying to do that, then they were trying to reintroduce me to contact. I have been informed that I am making progress but I know there is still much to go.

As I am "readjusting", I still live with the memories of time past and there isn't any amount of readjustment counseling that can erase those. I suppose, to a certain degree, I am free from any more suffering, at least for now, but I can never forget. Of course, that is why I am in here in the first place, as my memories do cause a me a great deal of madness. Even as I readjust, I know some of that madness of those bitter memories will still remain and only time will tell if it can loosen its hold.

~八雲 紫